Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Disappearance of Madeleine Mccann

I have just finished watching the 7th of 8 episodes, and I keep changing my mind after everyone about whether it was the parents or not. Very interesting documentary that gets better every episode. What are everyone's thoughts on the documentary and do you think the parents played a part or not? I do find their lack of emotion during most interviews very odd...

Comments

• Some good bits but they padded it with loads of guff to fill 8 episodes.
  • edited March 2019
    Ten minutes...

• Thousands of kids go missing every year. 
    Every child is  as important as the next.
    Why we have spent tens of millions on this one case  (as sad as it is ) and others never get a mention I do not know. 
    Had this been a working class couple from a council estate it would barely make the news but because they are educated doctors it is seen in a different way. 
    RIP the little girl as I as sure she died years ago.
    Agree entirely
  • They are guilty of wasting taxpayers money. That sounds bad in a way because a little girl went missing but I am 100% in agreement with Blackpool72 on this one. 

They were negligible but I doubt they had anything to do with the actual disappearance. I think the case would have been solved had it happened here. The Portuguese messed up the entire thing from start to finish and should be ashamed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I posted a link to the trailer a couple of days before it went on Netflix on the original thread, but it seems like that thread was sunk as my post didn’t bump it to page 1.
  • Said for years and will carry on saying so

Madeline was sick, her dad medicated her and didnt tell her mum, her mum then medicated her and she died from an accidental overdose, however both parents being doctors did not want to risk their licence or reputation so made the whole abduction thing up and cant go back
    Think they’d be more bothered about the prison sentence than their medical licence

Madeline was sick, her dad medicated her and didnt tell her mum, her mum then medicated her and she died from an accidental overdose, however both parents being doctors did not want to risk their licence or reputation so made the whole abduction thing up and cant go back
    Think they’d be more bothered about the prison sentence than their medical licence
    Maybe, but if it was classed as an accidental death then there may have been no prison sentence, but medical icence would have been gone and there personal and proffesional lives would be over

Based on?

Maybe, but if it was classed as an accidental death then there may have been no prison sentence, but medical icence would have been gone and there personal and proffesional lives would be over
    Have they worked since anyway? Genuine question.
  • Christ even the dodgy characters on Jeremy Kyle face a lie detector test.  I am right that neither of the McCann's have faced one yet?

Have they worked since anyway? Genuine question.
    Yep. My mum told me Gerry did my Grandads triple heart bypass. Or another operation on him...
  • Sponsored links:

• I honestly can’t see that the parents had anything to do with her disappearance. 

Ot would be a very risky/stupid tactic to keep campaigning for continued police investigation  funding if you were in any way involved. 
    You forgot to slag them off because they’re middle class. 
  • We  watched all episodes. I thought it about seven episodes to many. Lots of fillers, what ifs and finger pointing but no real evidence other than what the world has known for ten years. 
    The spainish private investigator summed it up for me when he said he wanted to help, find something or the child, but there was nothing. No leads, nothing.

I personally believe the parents were to blame, they were reckless and selfish in the extreme leaving not only one young  child alone but also their two other children. Also the other parents in the party also did the same with their children. As parents we (my wife and I), always took the view that a family eats together and goes out together. If the children are knackered, tough, we all stay in. My experience of Southern Europe is, they are very family friendly and very accommodating of children to the extent that they expect you to have your children with you. 

I don’t think their are any conspiracies here involving the parents or authorities, just the kidnapping and probable murder of a child by a person or persons unknown. Probably one very sick individual because it’s very difficult keep secrets when more than one person is involved, people talk eventually.

• Illegal sedation gone wrong days before, gave them time to dispose the body.
    Abduction made up.  

Allegedly. 
  • Tragic and we will never find out the truth of the actual events. 
  • The person(s) to blame is/are the abductor(s).