Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rexit

Celebrate Rexit. 

On 22 March 2018 Karl Robinson left Charlton after 16 disastrous months in charge.

Comments

• Was just thinking the same @i_b_b_o_r_g He kept us near the top and bow carried us into the playoffs only for us to flop at Shrewsbury.
  • The tenure of a limited manager and his inevitable departure are hardly major issues in the Rexit story. 
    Let’s not get distracted from the one goal here. Rexit has to happen and happen ASAP. This ain’t no 52:48 split opinion either. 
    2014 the infection took hold. It’s severity became apparent within 6 months. Various sticking plasters and snake oil were effetely wafted around for a while. The patient has been critically impaired for years now. The evil Dr Moreau type overlord lost interest in his frankenclub project but can’t bring himself to let go. He remains addick enemy no.1 and must be hounded out before the patient suffers terminal toxic shock 

• Hurray.....break out the champers 
  • He was,is and always be a crap manager .
    90 % waffle 
    10 % ability .
  • Absolute joke of a manager. Amazed he's clung on at Oxford given his efforts so far to take them down.
  • Sponsored links:

• But I remember him telling us 'we had our Charlton back' what went wrong....
  • certainly not a great manager but compared to his post Powell predecessors he ranks pretty high.  
  • redman said:
    certainly not a great manager but compared to his post Powell predecessors he ranks pretty high.  
    Hardy a high benchmark but i still think Riga was better and maybe even Peters.
  • Some managers have one good spell at a club which makes their name, but subsequently get found out a bit

Robinson had a good spell at MKD, playing exciting attacking football culminating in promotion, but that in retrospect was the high point of his managerial career.

Slightly blasphemous, but Powell is slightly in danger of going down the same path. Underwhelming at Huddersfield - they were transformed by Wagner after he left - and not doing brilliantly at Southend really. He desperately needs a strong end to the season
  • I think he is a decent bloke, but League One is the absolute limit for his ability.

Still can’t get my head around the fact that even when a formation wasn’t working for 6, 7, 8 games in a row he would still refuse to change it.
  • Meaningful Formation 8
  • MrLargo said:
    redman said:
    certainly not a great manager but compared to his post Powell predecessors he ranks pretty high.  
    I'd rate him above Slade and Laundry Basket. 

I'd put him below Luzon, Peeters and Riga, none of whom were much good.

Having tolerated all of the piss poor football under Roland, I finally reached breaking point on New Years Day 2018 and walked out half an hour into our 2-1 home defeat to Gillingham (our first EVER home defeat to Gillingham in our entire history), and didn't return until he'd gone. 

His football was mostly abysmal, his excuses and constant waffling were like 16 months of continuously running my fingernails down a blackboard. I've got nothing against Oxford, but I sincerely hope they get relegated, he gets sacked and nobody else employs him and he moves back to Liverpool, gets a job out of the public eye and finally learns to shut the f%*k up.

The thought of him makes me want punch a wall, but I am nevertheless grateful to Mr Irving for highlighting the anniversary of one of the few happy days I've had as a Charlton supporter in the Roland-era.

Karl, I hate you.  

Train cancelled??
  • MrLargo said:
    redman said:
    I'd rate him above Slade and Laundry Basket. 

I'd put him below Luzon, Peeters and Riga, none of whom were much good.

Having tolerated all of the piss poor football under Roland, I finally reached breaking point on New Years Day 2018 and walked out half an hour into our 2-1 home defeat to Gillingham (our first EVER home defeat to Gillingham in our entire history), and didn't return until he'd gone. 

His football was mostly abysmal, his excuses and constant waffling were like 16 months of continuously running my fingernails down a blackboard. I've got nothing against Oxford, but I sincerely hope they get relegated, he gets sacked and nobody else employs him and he moves back to Liverpool, gets a job out of the public eye and finally learns to shut the f%*k up.

The thought of him makes me want punch a wall, but I am nevertheless grateful to Mr Irving for highlighting the anniversary of one of the few happy days I've had as a Charlton supporter in the Roland-era.

Karl, I hate you.  

Train cancelled??
    Haha! In my opinion, Karl is to the world of football management what South Eastern are to the world of reliable train operators.
  • If the head of South Eastern and gobby mcgobface swapped jobs nobody would notice.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    I was initially a fan, but only because the football under Slade was so horribly depressing and predictable. KR made a few decent signings, and initially improved the style of football we were playing. Obviously his ridiculous over reliance on one formation was his undoing. It was never going to work with Josh up front on his own anyway.

Even when we went on a reasonably long run of decent results, when we were near the top of the table (was it before Xmas?) we started looking stale and uninspiring. Apart from one or two blips, our direction of travel was downwards after that. And he didn’t have the ability to freshen us up and get us going again. 
    But we have to remember it was KR who got Bowyer on board. Ta for that at least. 

It’s also worth remembering that he was very well received by the Bromley Addicks, after which, in fact right after which, it all started to go horribly wrong. 

• JamesSeed said:
    I was initially a fan, but only because the football under Slade was so horribly depressing and predictable. KR made a few decent signings, and initially improved the style of football we were playing. Obviously his ridiculous over reliance on one formation was his undoing. It was never going to work with Josh up front on his own anyway.

Even when we went on a reasonably long run of decent results, when we were near the top of the table (was it before Xmas?) we started looking stale and uninspiring. Apart from one or two blips, our direction of travel was downwards after that. And he didn’t have the ability to freshen us up and get us going again. 
    But we have to remember it was KR who got Bowyer on board. Ta for that at least. 

It’s also worth remembering that he was very well received by the Bromley Addicks, after which, in fact right after which, it all started to go horribly wrong. 

So now you're blaming Bromley Addicks  : - )
  • To be fair to Robinson, I think he may have had some idea of his limitations and was happy to bring others in to coach/ assist and in that regard he had done us some huge favours.  Bowyer, Gallen and Jackson were added to the staff under his watch.  While I didn't think much of him as a manager/tactician he wasn't all bad (once he stopped talking anyway!)
  • The football was slightly better under him than it was under Slade and Peeters - two dreadfully boring, defensive coaches who were never going to progress us as a club. 
  • The 16 months weren't all disastrous were they?
    July wasn't too bad.
  • JamesSeed said:

I think you slipped something in his tea ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:

I think you slipped something in his tea ;-)

I wish they had. Ideally something with a corrosive effect on the vocal chords.
  • Damn. Saw Rexit and assumed it was Roland Exit. Disappointed but not surprised.  Still can’t spoil the day!