Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Fruitcake Owner

Not Charlton related, although we do get a mention in the article, this write up from The Football League Paper today about Oldham has many similarities with our story - players turning up with suitcases, poor quality player put on a £11.5k per week contract, manager sent emails from owner telling him to pick certain players.

Very sad that people like this are allowed to all but destroy football clubs, and only the long suffering fans are concerned. 

Comments

• Nothing wrong with the owner.....he passed the "fit & proper test".... :smiley:
  • edited March 2019
    FA and Football League need to sort the rules out and get a grip with these owners

The longer they leave it the more enticing its becoming for rogue owners to come in and seriously fuck around with some of our historic clubs

Transfer Bans need to be the first that starts happening; feels as though the prospect of making a quick buck is by leaching off the Academies (Might not be the case at Oldham, yet is at Charlton)... By introducing the bans (both in and out of the club) it would force owners into some sort of action as they wouldnt be able to make the quick buck - Of course if players are having to be sold due to money issues then that would be acceptable but surely in those cases the Football authorities would need proof for that reason rather just accepting it out of hand
  • I'm a fruitcake owner myself.

Though I'll probably eat it this afternoon.
  • IdleHans said:
    I'm a fruitcake owner myself.

Though I'll probably eat it this afternoon.
    But unlike these owners, I don't think you will expect someone else to buy it after you've eaten it!
  • FA and Football League need to sort the rules out and get a grip with these owners

The longer they leave it the more enticing its becoming for rogue owners to come in and seriously fuck around with some of our historic clubs

Transfer Bans need to be the first that starts happening; feels as though the prospect of making a quick buck is by leaching off the Academies (Might not be the case at Oldham, yet is at Charlton)... By introducing the bans (both in and out of the club) it would force owners into some sort of action as they wouldnt be able to make the quick buck - Of course if players are having to be sold due to money issues then that would be acceptable but surely in those cases the Football authorities would need proof for that reason rather just accepting it out of hand
    This is the problem, for which I don't know the answer.  How can the EFL, FA or anyone else, dictate what is and what isn't a legitimate transfer, or transfer policy?

If you have a system where the authorities have to approve transfers, based on some set of rules, how many of those would be wrongly vetoed, or how do you judge it?  Before the transfer? After 10 games? After a season? Over the length of their contract retrospectively? 

How did Tony Watt and Nabby Sarr rate in those time frames?

If you look at RD's ownership, when would you introduce a transfer ban?  After the omnishambles of the first transfer window?  Would you then veto the signings of Tbh, jbg, Bouyns, Igor and Boult as they were "similar" transfers to the January ones? Who would be judge and jury? 

I don't think RD, has made a quick buck from the academy, do you? 

Purcahse price £18 million, cost of academy c£2 million a year (RD's own figure, I belive) = £28 million, so far.

Academy sales

Gomez 
    Lookman
    Cousins
    Konsa
    Fox
    Harriot
    Grant

Not close to £28 million is it?