Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MLS 2019

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for those who follow MLS

Comments

• Atlanta not starting well, obviously they lost Almiron but managed to keep Martinez.

But after an Opening day defeat to DC United(poor mistake by Guzan lead to the 2nd) last week, they have followed that up with a draw at home against new MLS team Cincinnati who lost their opening game 4-1 to Seattle Sounders
  • San Jose Earthquakes who only managed 21 points last season look like they are going to have another poor season with 2 defeats in 2 losing 2-1 at home to Montreal in week 1 and losing 3-0 home to Minnesota today
  • Shouldn’t it be MLF?
  • edited March 2019
    If you can look past the overall level of play and just enjoy a game, then it’s a very entertaining league.

Looking forward to be able to watch some matches in Austin from next year.

edit: or the year after... whatever
  • Brilliant game last week in Colorado under 6 inches of snow!

Proper football. 

• edited March 2019
    If you can look past the overall level of play and just enjoy a game, then it’s a very entertaining league.

Doesn’t that mean that literally every football league on earth is “a very entertaining league”?!

I actually don’t think the standard is that bad, hard to compare, but I’d say it’s better than League One. 
  • Atlanta not starting well, obviously they lost Almiron but managed to keep Martinez.

But after an Opening day defeat to DC United(poor mistake by Guzan lead to the 2nd) last week, they have followed that up with a draw at home against new MLS team Cincinnati who lost their opening game 4-1 to Seattle Sounders
    Amazed Martinez is still there. 51 goals in 56 MLS games, i would've expected European clubs to be after him. He'll surely move this summer.
  • I thought Arsenal were being linked with him of late?

Wonder if a few clubs are watching to see how Miguel Almiron does for Newcastle to see how players cope with swapping the MLS for England (Jack Harrison hasnt done badly in the Championship); have to admit was quite impressed with him on his debut
  • se9addick said:

Doesn’t that mean that literally every football league on earth is “a very entertaining league”?!

I actually don’t think the standard is that bad, hard to compare, but I’d say it’s better than League One. 
    Not always. Some leagues are absolutely awful to watch, including most of France and Eastern Europe.

MLS tends to have few, if any, cagey matches. It’s the definition of end-to-end with lots of goal mouth action. Away teams will happily play attacking football instead of shutting the game down from the first minute.
  • Wayne Rooney has scored twice in tje 1st half for DC United

Elsewhere yesterday BWP scored 1 of NYRB 4 goals in a 4-1 win
  • Sponsored links:

• Hattrick for Wazza
  • Absolutely awful defending, but he still has to be in the right place at the right time.

• Is it just me, or should the keeper have saved all three. I watched the first half, before I fell asleep, and he made a great save earlier but those all look like bad positioning/ reaction by the keeper   

Id like to point out I have been drinking for a while so I’m a bit judgement impaired. 
  • Flicking between Vancouver and New York match on skybet. Haven’t sat down and watched MLS for a couple of years but the standard is still poor 
  • I've got a soft spot for SJ Earthquakes. After a poor start they've now won 5 of their last 6.

I recall in our record breaking League 1 season, an American actor (can't remember his name, he was in American Pie) somehow met the Charlton team on a night out I think, and got invited into the dressing room at the next home game (random i know!). There was a feature about him in the programme saying he would now be a cafc fan moving forwards, and that SJ Earthquakes were his team back home. Ever since, I thought I'd return the favour hence looking our for their results!
  • I've got a soft spot for SJ Earthquakes. After a poor start they've now won 5 of their last 6.

I recall in our record breaking League 1 season, an American actor (can't remember his name, he was in American Pie) somehow met the Charlton team on a night out I think, and got invited into the dressing room at the next home game (random i know!). There was a feature about him in the programme saying he would now be a cafc fan moving forwards, and that SJ Earthquakes were his team back home. Ever since, I thought I'd return the favour hence looking our for their results!
    Eddie Kaye Thomas