Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

League 1 relegation

Gotta be one of the tightest battles in this league ever.

Only 7 points between Burton in 11th and Oxford in 21st

Comments

• Also AFC Wimbledon have 1 defeat in last 5 league games(3 wins and 1 draw) and now they are 4 points from safety 
  • Shrewsbury 1 win from the Championship last season, now only out of the relegation places on GD
  • Looks like that final Play-Off spot could start to hot up again soon

Doncaster / Peterborough / Blackpool / Coventry are seperated by just three points (although Donny have one game in hand on them)
  • edited March 2019
    Gotta be one of the tightest battles in this league ever.

Only 7 points between Burton in 11th and Oxford in 21th
    Said Chris Eubank 
    Haha, I initially had 20th then remembered it was 21st changed the 0 to a 1 and forgot the other bit haha
  • Also AFC Wimbledon have 1 defeat in last 5 league games(3 wins and 1 draw) and now they are 4 points from safety 
    AFC Wimbledon with another win and now sit 22nd 3 points behind Chris Powells Southend in 20th
  • https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Wycombe and Southend are both at the bottom of the form table, whereas Wimbledon are near the top which is amazing when you consider how pathetic they were when they lost at The Valley

Doncaster / Peterborough / Blackpool / Coventry are seperated by just three points (although Donny have one game in hand on them)
    Put your money on Cov, I work with  Cov season ticket holders and they say they are playing badly and winning and playing well and winning at the moment...I reckon they'll get 6th.
  • Sponsored links:

Put your money on Cov, I work with  Cov season ticket holders and they say they are playing badly and winning and playing well and winning at the moment...I reckon they'll get 6th.
    Have to admit I dont want Coventry anywhere near the Play-Offs

Having just gotten promoted from League Two via. that route, they've a squad and management who know how to get through them

Could prove to be an important factor
  • I think Chris Powell only has a game or two to get a win or he’s going to be gone.
  • edited March 2019
    Looks like that final Play-Off spot could start to hot up again soon

Having just gotten promoted from League Two via. that route, they've a squad and management who know how to get through them

And as both @Six-a-bag-of-nuts and I have posted elsewhere Coventry have done the double over us this season too.
  • LenGlover said:
    Looks like that final Play-Off spot could start to hot up again soon

And as both @Six-a-bag-of-nuts and I have posted elsewhere Coventry have done the double over us this season too.
    Stop now Len, nobody likes a suck-arse  ;)
  • accrington, wimbledon can both go as both shitty little clubs, accrington players are tossers and wimbledon fans on a whole have a chip on their shoulder and play the small club line too much
  • I’m certain Bradford will go down. Other three places are guess work; Rochdale, Accrington and Wimbledon for me.
  • I’m certain Bradford will go down. Other three places are guess work; Rochdale, Accrington and Wimbledon for me.
    Not long ago AFC Wimbledon were certain to go down then 5 wins in their last 7 league games they now have a chance of survival, if AFC can do that then so can Bradford
    Not long ago AFC Wimbledon were certain to go down then 5 wins in their last 7 league games they now have a chance of survival, if AFC can do that then so can Bradford
    starting that comeback a week Saturday no doubt 
  • edited March 2019
    Southend's form doesn't seem great. Given how close it all is they could get sucked in unless SCP gees them up.
  • Sponsored links:

2 amazing late wins for Wimbledon with goals from Joe Pigott.
  • Wimbledon losing 2-1 to Gillingham at HE

With Walsall losing earlier they have a chance to go above them if they can win
  • As Coventry have not told the EFL where their home ground is next year, they could well be out of the league. Hearing due a few days before the play off final.
  • Could be a key goal for Oxford in their battle for survival
  • Powell in big trouble now. Southend now have no wins and 4 points from their last 11 games.

The only consolation for them is that their next 6 games are against 'lesser' sides before they face Sunderland on the last day.
  • Managers often get the boot before a run of 'easy' games, even if this is very late in the season for a sacking 
  • Not that any of them will be easy obv
  • Powell in big trouble now. Southend now have no wins and 4 points from their last 11 games.

The only consolation for them is that their next 6 games are against 'lesser' sides before they face Sunderland on the last day.
    I have to say I thought they were surprisingly poor against us.
    They played like a bottom 4 side, as opposed to mid table, so I'm not altogether surprised that they've slipped into danger.
  • Bit of mixture. After they played us I saw their fixture list and they had to play all the top 8 sides (including the top 4).  Before they played us they were winning one week say about 3-4 or something but then losing next week. I was surprised to see them outside the bottom 3. Oxford on the other hand despite a shit season are nearly halfway up the table. 
  • Helluva win for Oxford. Rocketed them up the table