Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Taylor Maloney extends contract to 2020

Comments

• played in same schhol team as Oramide Oteh who scored for QPR at the weekend, Kemnal Technology College. There is also another lad who is at West Ham who played in the team as well, they wont get another team like that again.
  • Signing up youngsters with little or no first team experience* must be the way we are using Ricky's wages. Every action makes us better and all that.

*No slur intended to Taylor Maloney. I've never seen him play but if we seriously want promotion, which I doubt frankly, we need experienced, creative players who know where the net is.
  • Very promising player indeed - glad to see we've secured him
  • LenGlover said:

Signing up youngsters with little or no first team experience* must be the way we are using Ricky's wages. Every action makes us better and all that.

*No slur intended to Taylor Maloney. I've never seen him play but if we seriously want promotion, which I doubt frankly, we need experienced, creative players who know where the net is.

He's only 18, Len.

If we don't tie our most promising players to a contract, they'll only sign for another club for nothing.

• Good luck to the lad and I'll look forward to seeing him play, but in the current situation does normal business carry on and who agrees it.
  • A 2 year extension seems right to me. Long enough to show commitment, but not the excessively long 5(?) year deals given to certain youngsters in the past (Pigott, KAG?)
  • A 2 year extension seems right to me. Long enough to show commitment, but not the excessively long 5(?) year deals given to certain youngsters in the past (Pigott, KAG?)

There's only 1 youngster that I can think of who was given a 5 year contract - Martin Christiansen (?), and that was years ago now.

Some have given 3 year contracts, certainly, but often they're only 1 or 2 year deals plus extensions.
    Scoham may have better knowledge than me?

• Well done Taylor & good luck in the future!
  • edited January 2018

• Sponsored links:

• 2020 sounds like a SciFi futuristic year :neutral:
  • Definitely one for the future based on watching him in about 4 Under 23 games this season. Anyone with Valley Pass should check out his two long rangers away at Crewe.
  • As with a lot of young players his trajectory isn't guaranteed.
    I like him mind you, but there are few players like Joe Gomez who you know is an absolute certainty from the word go.
  • Definitely one for the future based on watching him in about 4 Under 23 games this season. Anyone with Valley Pass should check out his two long rangers away at Crewe.

Newsflash:

Charlton owner Roland Dushitalot is ready to cash in on hot prospect Taylor Maloney, poised to sign for Two Long Rangers - after extending the youngster's contract to ensure a bigger transfer fee.

• Let's hope his career takes off.
  • Concord Rangers, are they managed by the Liverpool Legend, Phil Thompson ?
  • Sponsored links:

Their player/manager (Sammy Moore) was a promising youngster with us, walked out for Chelsea I believe. My dad used to know him drink with his dad. 
    Their player/manager (Sammy Moore) was a promising youngster with us, walked out for Chelsea I believe. My dad used to know him drink with his dad. 
    If you Nose that fair enough, what I should of said was, Phil Thompson has the attributes to lead Concord Rangers.
  • Danny Green plays there doesn’t he?
  • Let's hope his career takes off.
    Supersonic
  • Joined League 2 Newport on loan for the season. We’ve got an option to recall him in January.

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1156996203508355072?s=21
  • Newport County AFC are delighted to confirm that midfielder Taylor Maloney has signed a season-long loan deal with the Exiles from EFL Championship side Charlton Athletic.

Maloney joined the Addicks at U14 level, has made great progress within the academy in the last few years and made his senior debut in the 2017/18 Checkatrade Trophy match at Crawley Town in August of that campaign, going on to make 10 first-team appearances.

This loan move to County will be 20-year-old Maloney's second of his career after a month-long spell at National League South outfit Concord Rangers last season.

After putting pen to paper, Maloney said: "I am really excited to sign for Newport. I can’t wait to get started & to play in front of all of the County fans. I’m looking forward to joining the team and proving myself in the EFL.

"I would describe myself as a technical central midfielder with lots of energy and the ability to create goal opportunities."

DZJb3DMWsAE_B7wjpg

Manager Michael Flynn said: "I'm delighted to get the signing of Taylor over the line. It shows the Club's contacts are improving, securing a player from Charlton Athletic, especially a player who has been part of the first team's preparations throughout pre-season.

"Taylor is highly rated at Charlton, he's energetic and can create but also does the other side of the game very well, going from box to box and doing the dirty work.

"Part of me sees a little bit of Alex Gilbey in him in terms of his playing style and I am looking forward to seeing him in action."   
  • Good news.  Hope he does well.  Glad it is. League club.  Dempsey, Morgan, Lapslie, AMB and Weirdu should all be joining him on loan but of course we don't have enough players ourselves to allow that.
  • Scoham said:
    The optimism of January 2018...