Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers away [16/3/19] - sold out

Comments

• Can anyone swap my two terrace (adult and over 65) for two seats please? I’ll pay the difference. 
  • It was smallwall
  • _MrDick said:
    Following on from the the Portsmouth threat ... Not going on Saturday but who remembers the game at Twerton Park, Bath in 1991. Bloody carnage that day. It kicked off big time in all parts of the ground that day 
    If it’s the game I’m thinking of when we had to win to get in the play off and lost 1-0? Had my car towed after being told by the local plod it’s okay to park there. Got threatened in way back to said missing car. 
  • chappers said:
    _MrDick said:
    Following on from the the Portsmouth threat ... Not going on Saturday but who remembers the game at Twerton Park, Bath in 1991. Bloody carnage that day. It kicked off big time in all parts of the ground that day 
    If it’s the game I’m thinking of when we had to win to get in the play off and lost 1-0? Had my car towed after being told by the local plod it’s okay to park there. Got threatened in way back to said missing car. 
    I was one of the many in the Home End... Went off all over the place that day.... Millwall giving us Charlton a bad reputation.....

• RedChaser said:
    Addickted said:
    The local fracture clinic?
    That certainly cracked me up...............I'll get my coat  :D.

Edit; Get well soon Andy.
    Give the fella a break ffs.
  • _MrDick said:
    And after in the pub with Bristol C.
  • edited March 2019
    That 91 day was frighteningly epic, kicking off everywhere, fought our way out of the ground only for Bristol City waiting at the station, (luckily we dodged Millwall at Swindon who were waiting to intercept Pompey coming back from Hereford or somewhere...)

a scary day all the same, I think there were photos of the away end in VOTV at the time? 
  • This is going to be a tough game - in no small part to the conditions likely to be a leveller.
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:

pretty sure I was on a minibus down there for that one, mad day
  • The pitch doesn't look too bad in that photo. 
  • I'm predicting a draw, really hope i'm wrong!
  • I have a spare terrace ticket if anyone is seeking one, I’m based in Bristol and attending the game but my old man can’t make it now.
  • 91 - away from the oi oi stuff that saw many us end up in the ‘neutral zone’ bit of terrace, I’ve a random memory before the game of a crowd of us ending up in a Rovers pub close to the ground. The whole pub was singing Goodbye Irene and we thought we were funny trying to drown them out with Come On Eileen. 

• edited March 2019
    91 - away from the oi oi stuff that saw many us end up in the ‘neutral zone’ bit of terrace, I’ve a random memory before the game of a crowd of us ending up in a Rovers pub close to the ground. The whole pub was singing Goodbye Irene and we thought we were funny trying to drown them out with Come On Eileen. 

Don't know what's worse.

Not knowing the classic Leadbelly song is called Goodnight Irene or thinking singing Come on Eileen is acceptable behaviour in public.
  • 91 - away from the oi oi stuff that saw many us end up in the ‘neutral zone’ bit of terrace, I’ve a random memory before the game of a crowd of us ending up in a Rovers pub close to the ground. The whole pub was singing Goodbye Irene and we thought we were funny trying to drown them out with Come On Eileen. 

Don't what's worse.

Not knowing the classic Leadbelly song is called Goodnight Irene or thinking singing Come on Eileen is acceptable behaviour in public.
    ..or thinking that game was in '91. 😉
  • Anyone know why Luton have been allocated 57 more tickets for a Rovers than we have???
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    Anyone know why Luton have been allocated 57 more tickets for a Rovers than we have???
    Hat would be telling..........Boom, Boom....... I'm here all week folks :wink:
  • Thought it was probably that
  • edited March 2019
  • Anyone know why Luton have been allocated 57 more tickets for a Rovers than we have???
    It’s Bristol Rovers cup final when they play us.
    They are skinny types living on bread and tripping in a bleak northern post-industrial wilderness.

With no central heating they automatically huddle together for warmth while we pampered metropolitan elite types are stand offish and require more personal space.
    LSD on toast ... wow 
  • Anyone know what the parking’s like around the ground?
    Anyone know what the parking’s like around the ground?
    One car next to another in neat rows.

Alway worth looking at the ground guide when going away. Very good site.
    https://www.footballgroundguide.com