Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£100k pens at half time

one hundred grand??? Did I hear that right???

what was that all about?

Comments

• Seemed to be, but weren't worth a tenner.
  • Christ knows

Wierdist shite I've ever seen at half time... Especially as both of them celebrated together as though they were sharing it
  • One of them could barely kick the ball.
  • I assume Brian Cole was having a bit of a laugh with us all. I did hear him say at one point £1000 & I assume that was the real amount. First pen taker must have been pissed as he couldn't even kick straight. 
  • they're obviously Youtubers of a particularly irritating bent
  • I think it was something to do with shooting some footage for a TV programme.
  • edited March 2019
  • Obviously filming for some movie or TV show. Cameras everywhere including one right in the middle of the press area in the west upper which irritated a few “customers” as it was right in their eye line. It disappeared immediately after the shoot out. All a bit of a farce and detracted from an excellent effort at the crossbar challenge. As the diminutive and slightly rotund candidate hastily took the ball from Brian we were, how shall we say, a little mocking, but a great effort. Hats off to you sir. 
  • The guy in front of me said they were both physically challenged individuals and it was for charity so maybe consider that before you post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Poor commentary, I think. We were told so little that it was difficult to understand what it was all about and if it was for charity, tell us!
  • edited March 2019
    Clear they had disabilities FFS. 

If they wanted the crowd to be interested there should have been more information as to what the actual fck was going on. 

Waste of my eyes to be honest when you clearly haven't been told who, why, what they were there for. 

Couldn’t agree more......and the stupid unnecessary confusion still reigns.
    WTF was it all about?
    If as has been said the two fellas are disabled in some way then why not convey that to us. Knowing us Addicks as I do, we would have been only too happy to have cheered them on and given them our heartfelt encouragement.
    As it was (and still is), it was just about as a bizarre and meaningless 5 minutes as it gets.
  • JaShea99 said:
    The guy in front of me said they were both physically challenged individuals and it was for charity so maybe consider that before you post.
    JaShea99 said:
    The guy in front of me said they were both physically challenged individuals and it was for charity so maybe consider that before you post.
    Harsh, I don’t think hardly anyone would have given that  any consideration at all. I certainly didn’t. I just saw two people taking penalties (badly) for an alleged £100k, as that was all we were told, which seemed bizarre as there was no mention of who (or why) was putting up the £100k
  • Funny from the covered end...chant of "jimmy,gis a wave" to Bullard,he obliges,followed by chant of "who the f##king hell are you",he found it amusing.
  • Didnt seem to help the fact that because they were recording for TV it meant that Brian Cole couldnt explain anything about it during the event
  • Weren’t they also described as ‘everyday heroes’ by Cole before they came out of the tunnel? Very very odd with the lack of explanation.
  • Weren’t they also described as ‘everyday heroes’ by Cole before they came out of the tunnel? Very very odd with the lack of explanation.
    The whole thing was ludicrous.
  • I think it was fairly obvious that there was something amiss. I was told it was something to do with Sky? Anyway, ridiculous that there was no information given as to what the hell was going on. Who to blame, Charlton or Sky?
  • addick05 said:
    I think it was fairly obvious that there was something amiss. I was told it was something to do with Sky? Anyway, ridiculous that there was no information given as to what the hell was going on. Who to blame, Charlton or Sky?
    Wonder if it'll be on SoccerAM either this weekend or the coming weeks...
  • Sponsored links:

• JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Harsh, I don’t think hardly anyone would have given that  any consideration at all. I certainly didn’t. I just saw two people taking penalties (badly) for an alleged £100k, as that was all we were told, which seemed bizarre as there was no mention of who (or why) was putting up the £100k
    What’s harsh?
  • Didnt seem to help the fact that because they were recording for TV it meant that Brian Cole couldnt explain anything about it during the event
    I'm sure something could have been explained before they came out onto the pitch.....ever heard of editing.
  • JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    What’s harsh?
    As in how are they supposed to know what the bloke in front of you told you before they post on here?
  • Off_it said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    What’s harsh?
    As in how are they supposed to know what the bloke in front of you told you before they post on here?
    What?? They’re not. I said consider that before you post. I didn’t say go back in time with this new knowledge and change the future.
  • edited March 2019
    JaShea99 said:
    Off_it said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    What’s harsh?
    What?? They’re not. I said consider that before you post. I didn’t say go back in time with this new knowledge and change the future.
    How could they consider what you were told before they posted, You were told not them
  • I wasn’t addressing people who had posted previously!! I was saying it for those who posted after mine.
  • Apologies @JaShea99 I misinterpreted your earlier post (and I suspect most others did as well)
  • Clear they had disabilities FFS. 

If they wanted the crowd to be interested there should have been more information as to what the actual fck was going on. 

Waste of my eyes to be honest when you clearly haven't been told who, why, what they were there for. 

Couldn’t agree more......and the stupid unnecessary confusion still reigns.
    WTF was it all about?
    If as has been said the two fellas are disabled in some way then why not convey that to us. Knowing us Addicks as I do, we would have been only too happy to have cheered them on and given them our heartfelt encouragement.
    As it was (and still is), it was just about as a bizarre and meaningless 5 minutes as it gets.
    Yep, even more bizarre and meaningless than the Cross bar Challenge last  Saturday
    Either that or modern day heroes. I was expecting Brian to say who they were after that. All that followed was Jimmy Bullard rocking up with a sports psychologist and us being told it was for 100k. Maybe Brian was told last minute and given no other info