Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

downham tavern

anyone on here used to go the alldayers back in the late 80s,oh what fun we had.

Comments

• just me then.
  • [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]just me then.
    i was more of a yorkshire grey man.
  • used to box there for eltham,never drank or raved there.
  • you'd need to speak to our mate millwall mark about those , always enthusing about them.
  • raving days Lucy.
  • used to have the longest bar in the UK I think.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]used to have the longest bar in the UK I think.
    Yes it did,the raves were run by westham and millwall lads!never could work that one out!do anything for a pound that lot
  • Khazi of a pub in a khazi of an area.
  • was never a khazi of a pub off it,the alldayers were excellent,people travelled all over the country to come to em,regarding the millwall boys[steve davis lookalike]they started the whole acid house scene and baleric music scene,not bad for downham boys,and some of the doormen were charlton boys from the estate.never get them days again,used to be there for a good 12 hours sometimes,still only a chavvy then.
  • [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]was never a khazi of a pub off it,the alldayers were excellent,people travelled all over the country to come to em,regarding the millwall boys[steve davis lookalike]they started the whole acid house scene and baleric music scene,not bad for downham boys,and some of the doormen were charlton boys from the estate.never get them days again,used to be there for a good 12 hours sometimes,still only a chavvy then.

I rest my case!
    ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• how have you rested your case,people had fun there coming from all over the country,most kids were into that music then,of course some were into chess clubs and kite flying.
  • khazi. FACT.
  • your a kite flyer on the heath,FACT.
  • [cite]Posted By: lucy lou[/cite]your a kite flyer on the heath,FACT.

Damn - rumbled!
    :o)
  • GOTCH YA
  • Anyway, what's wrong with flying a kite on Blackheath? Or is that just a dig at "old people with kids"?
    ;o)
  • nothing mate.
  • 12 years late - anyway....

never made it to Downham Tavern but Echoes (Bow), The Albany in Deptford, Bonnies in Sydenham and the odd all dayer in Margate made for a great couple of years...
  • nolly said:
    was never a khazi of a pub off it,the alldayers were excellent,people travelled all over the country to come to em,regarding the millwall boys[steve davis lookalike]they started the whole acid house scene and baleric music scene,not bad for downham boys,and some of the doormen were charlton boys from the estate.never get them days again,used to be there for a good 12 hours sometimes,still only a chavvy then.
    The Steve Davis look a like (LJ) has done a couple of Downham tavern reunions in the last few years. 
  • Blimey, here's a blast from the past.

RIP "nolly". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    Blimey, here's a blast from the past.

RIP "nolly". 
    Sorry, never knew. RIP
  • nolly said:
    used to box there for eltham,never drank or raved there.
    I boxed there for Orpington. Used to box a kid from Eltham called Gerry Taylor back then. 
    ‘I think the Downham Tavern was known as the biggest pub in Europe at one time. Might be wrong.
  • masicat said:
    nolly said:
    used to box there for eltham,never drank or raved there.
    I boxed there for Orpington. Used to box a kid from Eltham called Gerry Taylor back then. 
    ‘I think the Downham Tavern was known as the biggest pub in Europe at one time. Might be wrong.
    definitely the biggest in England. over a thousand people could drink in their at any one time.
  • Think it had the longest bar at one time.
  • iaitch said:
    Think it had the longest bar at one time.
    Weren't that The King And Queen?
  • iaitch said:
    Think it had the longest bar at one time.
    Biggest pub, but I thought the Falcon by Clapham Junction station had the longest bar....though I maybe wrong, for what it's worth I believe Tottenham's new ground will have the longest bar, when it opens.
  • I remember reading that it had the longest bar in Downham
  • Rockabilly night on a Sunday, great times...