Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Portsmouth - Match Thread

not sure when to kick this off so here goes!

big game this afternoon. I’m sure many of you following the thread will be watching the Sky coverage so please add your thoughts during the game.

up the Addicks!!

Comments

• Just come on for a moment to remind everyone, I will not be doing updates today, will someone else do them. Thank you
  • Big game today. Worried that Pompey may well be up for it more than us - automatics still their aim and we’ve all but resigned ourselves to the play-offs.
  • edited March 2019
    Big game today. Worried that Pompey may well be up for it more than us - automatics still their aim and we’ve all but resigned ourselves to the play-offs.
    We ain't made it to them yet...so no excuse's really...

Cmon U Addicks....
  • A new chant for today (to the tune of La Donna e Mobile):

Roland Duchatelet
    Why don't you go away?
    Please leave our club alone
    Or we'll spray paint your home ...
  • edited March 2019
    Doncaster and Posh both losing.
  • bobmunro said:
    Sunderland too.

Barnsley winning, Luton drawing.
  • Just as I predicted, Marshall misses out, Dijksteel coming in for Solly was always on the cards, I mentioned that too. Portsmouth unchanged.
  • edited March 2019
    Solly benched.
  • Charlton boss Lee Bowyer has made one change to the side that drew at sixth-placed Doncaster Rovers last weekend for today’s clash against play-off rivals Portsmouth at The Valley.

Anfernee Dijksteel, who was one of the Addicks' star players when Charlton beat Pompey in December, comes in for Chris Solly, ahead of a week where Charlton have games on Tuesday and Saturday.

There is also a place on the bench from Josh Parker who returns after missing two games with illness and on the back of netting twice for the U23s last week.

Charlton are once again expected to line-up in a diamond formation with Dillon Phillips in goal behind a defence of Anfernee Dijksteel, skipper Patrick Bauer, Naby Sarr and Ben Purrington. 

Krystian Bielik will likely anchor in midfield with Josh Cullen and Joe Aribo ahead of him. Jonny Williams is expected to play behind the front two of Igor Vetokele and Lyle Taylor. 

Charlton: Phillips; Dijksteel, Bauer (C), Sarr, Purrington; Bielik, Cullen, Aribo, Williams; Vetokele, Taylor

Substitutes: Maxwell, Solly, Pratley, Lapslie, Reeves, Fosu, Parker

• Bit late but anyone know if any pubs in Greenwich are showing the game ? Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• I meant to write in the preview thread that I thought Dijksteel would come in for Solly. He's bigger and quicker against a team with quick wingers who like to put the ball in the box (started down there as well). I also think Solly has been underwhelming since returning to right back.
  • Is Pearce injured again ? Not that he gets back in automatically , per se
  • South London special is on today. 
    I do hope you backed it boys and girls 
  • A new chant for today (to the tune of La Donna e Mobile):

Roland Duchatelet
    Why don't you go away?
    Please leave our club alone
    Or we'll spray paint your home ...
    Quality mate
  • Some great results today - palace, millwall, Doncaster and Peterborough lost. One more please! 
  • edited March 2019
    bobmunro said:
    Sunderland too.

Barnsley winning, Luton drawing.
    Just as importantly, Peterborough lost. They are as close to us as we are to Pompey, level with Donny. 

Blackpool also losing.
  • Sunderland equalise
  • Talal said:
    Some great results today - palace, millwall, Doncaster and Peterborough lost. One more please!

All lost to teams lower in the table.

Sunderland have needed a 94th-minute equaliser, Luton drew 0-0.

Looking forward to fifth-placed Charlton taking on fourth-placed Pompey.

Lord Bowyer's Red & White Army.
  • Anyone got a stream?

Or is this not the right thread to ask.
  • Sponsored links:

• Blackpool equalise 
  • Reading last minute winner pushes millwall a place lower. 
  • Talal said:
    Some great results today - palace, millwall, Doncaster and Peterborough lost. One more please!

All lost to teams lower in the table.

Sunderland have needed a 94th-minute equaliser, Luton drew 0-0.

Looking forward to fifth-placed Charlton taking on fourth-placed Pompey.

Lord Bowyer's Red & White Army.
    3 sent off in the last 3 mins at Wycombe.
  • Sunderland game just finished 1-1, after their 94th min equaliser.

3 men sent off in this game.
    A total of 19 minutes injury time ..... 6 minutes at the end of the 1st half + 13 minutes at the end of the 2nd.

And people moan that the Charlton game is always last to finish. Well, it will be tonight!

• The nice thing about matches on Sky is that it means I get to reunite with one of the most confusing technology suites I've ever come across (and I've spent the last 7-8 years working with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Department of Veterans' Affairs (VA)): ESPN's baffling suite of apps and permission tiers. 
  • Erm where is everyone?
  • Quiet at the Valley today. Although the music is turned right down so you can actually hear the fans - Sky's doing?
  • Blooming typical the guest in the studio is Pompey. Where's Curbs? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!