Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I've tipped a waiter. I've even tipped taxi drivers.

But I've never tipped a fly.

* Time to take my medication, I think.

• Wasn’t that the book in the old yellow pages tv ad (showing my age).
  • Can’t think of what anti social element might live in mobile homes and leave their discarded property for others to pick up.
  • They are not mobile homes. That's site accommodation/offices.
  • Addickted said:
    They are not mobile homes. That's site accommodation/offices.
    They look suspiciously like the two we used to have at Smelhurst Park.
  • Caravans are often dumped in Anchor and hope lane.
  • Too much of it everywhere. The law should come down a lot harder on this. Refunds on council tax for people that shop the dumpers seemed to be a good idea but I don't think it's been implemented anywhere.

https://resource.co/article/potential-council-tax-breaks-those-who-turn-liverpool-fly-tippers-11683
  • Too much of it everywhere. The law should come down a lot harder on this. Refunds on council tax for people that shop the dumpers seemed to be a good idea but I don't think it's been implemented anywhere.

https://resource.co/article/potential-council-tax-breaks-those-who-turn-liverpool-fly-tippers-11683
    That is the way forward, easy to implement, incentivises the community, makes the shitarses who fly tip aware that there is an incentive to shop them. 
  • Not sure who would catch them as they seem to dump stuff in the middle of the night round my way, Beckenham.
  • Fly tipping is a blight on our country and I wonder if we have got things the wrong way around.

It's costly to dispose of waste - hence fly tipping, but if we were THAT interested in recycling and the environment, shouldn't we offer free disposal of everything?

Clean up costs would plummet and we could ensure that all waste was recycled in the correct category.
    e.g. old cars - who have the fluids, upholstery, battery, plastic and rubber removed before the metal recycling takes place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fly tipping is a blight on our country and I wonder if we have got things the wrong way around.

It's costly to dispose of waste - hence fly tipping, but if we were THAT interested in recycling and the environment, shouldn't we offer free disposal of everything?

Clean up costs would plummet and we could ensure that all waste was recycled in the correct category.
    e.g. old cars - who have the fluids, upholstery, battery, plastic and rubber removed before the metal recycling takes place.
    It isn't that expensive, it's a cost. To dispose of stuff properly and to recycle stuff at refuse sites costs money and needs a lot of human beings to do it. People dump stuff in lanes because they are scum and don't want to pay regardless of the cost.

Or the classic every Monday morning where I live is a load of stuff dumped in the lane that leads to the tip. Guaranteed people are doing it at night and without any care or thought to blocking the road or the cost to tax payers of cleaning it up, the environmental impact, the damage to the road itself which costs a lot to repair. I work in the construction industry and I promise you whilst I don't like people grasping each other up with videos and phones showing them working unsafely it has reduced instances of fingers being cut off, heads being split open, people in wheelchairs ending up in open, unguarded trenches because it is easier to identify culprits and educate them without only having hearsay to work with. 

For fucks sake, people video other people having seizures on their phones people can definitely hand over dash cam footage of scum dumping rubbish in a lane 
  • Carter said:
    Fly tipping is a blight on our country and I wonder if we have got things the wrong way around.

It isn't that expensive, it's a cost. To dispose of stuff properly and to recycle stuff at refuse sites costs money and needs a lot of human beings to do it. People dump stuff in lanes because they are scum and don't want to pay regardless of the cost.

Or the classic every Monday morning where I live is a load of stuff dumped in the lane that leads to the tip. Guaranteed people are doing it at night and without any care or thought to blocking the road or the cost to tax payers of cleaning it up, the environmental impact, the damage to the road itself which costs a lot to repair. I work in the construction industry and I promise you whilst I don't like people grasping each other up with videos and phones showing them working unsafely it has reduced instances of fingers being cut off, heads being split open, people in wheelchairs ending up in open, unguarded trenches because it is easier to identify culprits and educate them without only having hearsay to work with. 

For fucks sake, people video other people having seizures on their phones people can definitely hand over dash cam footage of scum dumping rubbish in a lane 
    I don't believe that for one minute mate.
  • edited March 2019
    Fly tipping is a blight on our country and I wonder if we have got things the wrong way around.

I do think the balance is wrong and it should be easier, not cost free but easier, but there can be no excuse for fly tipping ever. 
  • I'm in Beckenham not too far from the tip in Churchfields Road. You get mattresses, settees and stuff just dumped on the street.

They must have driven to dump them so why not drive to the tip? It's free if you're a Bromley resident otherwise its £3 although I've never seen anyone pay on the few occasions I've been there,
  • Going by what the people who live in my town think, fly-tipping is legal so long as you dump your refuse on the doorstep of a charity shop in the dead of night.
  • And by the morning the 'contribution' is all over the pavement.
  • Fiiish said:
    Going by what the people who live in my town think, fly-tipping is legal so long as you dump your refuse on the doorstep of a charity shop in the dead of night.
    yup, seems to be a regular activity all over. 
  • Fiiish said:
    Going by what the people who live in my town think, fly-tipping is legal so long as you dump your refuse on the doorstep of a charity shop in the dead of night.
    Or sell it in a car boot sale!
  • Whoops, my mistake...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2019
    iaitch said:
    And by the morning the 'contribution' is in Fiiish's wardrobe.

• Fiiish said:
    We get some right old rubbish on the doorsteps of the shops I run, as a charity we end up having to dispose of it ourselves. We've had allsorts left my favourite being a black bin liner full of soiled terry towel nappies!
  • Fiiish said:
    We get some right old rubbish on the doorsteps of the shops I run, as a charity we end up having to dispose of it ourselves. We've had allsorts left my favourite being a black bin liner full of soiled terry towel nappies!
    Not much of a salesman if you couldn't shift them.

• One careful owner.
  • I had an ongoing thing with the council about what I done with my waste from the shop as it goes (99% of which was cardboard and packaging. Literally never had any perishable waste at all).

They wanted to charge me £80 odd a month to "hire" 2 bins, then another £100 to come and empty them. That was on top of the business rates.

I used to take it to the tip roughly once a week in the back of my van and pay the minimum fee there of 8 quid. Was one of my most satisfying moments, showing the environmental health people the receipts to prove that I'd been legally disposing of the waste without chucking Lewisham Council nearly £180 a month.

• I detest flytipping.

rheres a road in Ash /West Kingsdown where ive been following a tipper van who just stops, dumps all his shit on the road (blocking it) and drives away.  No visible number plates according to dash cam 

it’s always those “salt of the earth” / tarmac laying types who do it!  Fucking scum
  • Gribbo said:
    I had an ongoing thing with the council about what I done with my waste from the shop as it goes (99% of which was cardboard and packaging. Literally never had any perishable waste at all).

They wanted to charge me £80 odd a month to "hire" 2 bins, then another £100 to come and empty them. That was on top of the business rates.

I used to take it to the tip roughly once a week in the back of my van and pay the minimum fee there of 8 quid. Was one of my most satisfying moments, showing the environmental health people the receipts to prove that I'd been legally disposing of the waste without chucking Lewisham Council nearly £180 a month.

How much did the private companies want to charge you?
  • Gribbo said:
    I had an ongoing thing with the council about what I done with my waste from the shop as it goes (99% of which was cardboard and packaging. Literally never had any perishable waste at all).

How much did the private companies want to charge you?
    Alright then, chucking Sita, Biffa etc., etc., £180 odd a month, who were collecting waste on behalf of Lewisham Council, who were already charging a few hundred a month Business Rates. But, regardless of the semantics of where the £180 was directly or indirectly going, you've taken a tiny part of the post and misunderstood / purposely tried to twist it to try and make yet another boring incorrect political point. That’s all you seem to want to do

Nb – This was back in ’98 / ’99, so not even sure waste collection was privatised back then in Lewisham, but no doubt you’ll spend a large chunk of your Sunday researching it to try and prove otherwise