Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meet Naby Sarr & Patrick Bauer

Just wondering if anyone else has got this email this evening..?

“Want to meet two of your Charlton Athletic heroes and have your picture taken with them? Well now's your chance! 

This Thursday, both Naby Sarr and Patrick Bauer will be at Charlton Train Station posing for pictures as part of the lead up to our game against Portsmouth on Saturday.  

So don your finest Addicks' kit and turn up to the station between 5.30pm and 6.30pm to have your picture taken. Plus, the best snaps will be uploaded to our official Twitter page! 

Make sure you make a note in your diary and don't miss out. We can't wait to see you there!”

Are they for real? The bloody train station between 5:30pm and 6:30pm!

They’re taking the biscuit, I know we’re known as train spotters to some people, but this is surely a joke :joy:  

Comments

• Yes, I received it. Seems a bit of a strange idea to meet with them at a train station. A bit like Brief Encounter for those of you whom are film buffs!!
  • edited March 2019
    Have to admit this is a tad "far out"....

A school day, a working day, most people probably either on their way home or having their tea plus how many of our fans actually live IN Charlton these days ? 

As for " don your finest Addicks' kit" ......

Sorry, Paddy & the Nabster, but can't see you being mobbed.

I'd take a book and a flask of tea if I were you. 

Oh, and check the wording in your contracts. 
  • Whoever thought of this must think every Charlton fan lives in Charlton (and commutes every day to central London).  
  • Wonder if they are doing a bit for the Sky coverage pre match and thought they might as well invite some fans down as well?
  • Alternatively, it’s four week until April 1. Maybe they are just getting it in early this year.
  • Not a bad idea, be plenty of Charlton fans in charlton who work in London.  Not likely to be in kits but there will be reasonable interest.  Nothing wrong with it, no harm in giving it a go.
  • So they’re wanting Charlton fans in full kit to come down to a train station with their cameras? FFS!
    What time shall we meet mate?
  • Maybe they are also trying to target Charlton residents who are getting off the train to garner interest to come to the game? Might make some people think about it. 
  • So they’re wanting Charlton fans in full kit to come down to a train station with their cameras? FFS!
    What time shall we meet mate?
    Imagine if a load of us rocked pissed in full kits and they did have the sky cameras there!

5:15 good for you?
  • Sponsored links:

• I got this email, very strange. But then we are a strange club. I imagine most people will walk past them and wonder who the fcuk they are.
  • Are they not playing against Portsmouth then?

I can't see Lee Bowyer being too enamoured with the distraction.
  • Trains and Charlton, perfect match!
  • Weird or unique?
  • So the rumours about the Kat coming back are true, then? 
  • Likely to be loads of pissed-up Pompey fans knocking about - bit risky if you ask me. Especially if one had been sent off and the other netted the winner.
  • Likely to be loads of pissed-up Pompey fans knocking about - bit risky if you ask me. Especially if one had been sent off and the other netted the winner.
    Thursday not Saturday !

Still sounds like a hoax as players would be in the club shop for obvious reasons.

BFG and SuperSarr in the Station ?
    Wouldn't be room for anyone else !
  • Issue number 1: it's a railway station for pity's sake!  Train station?!? Who wrote this ?  A 9 year old?
    Much as I'm sure Patrick and Naby are both thoroughly nice chaps and splendid company, proposing a rendezvous at sunset on a chilly, breezy winter's evening at a railway station is some special sort of weird.  Even before one considers that said station will be stricken with hundreds of commuters knackered from their day's labours, intent on getting home without further hindrance.  The sight of a couple of hulking centre-halves and attendant gaggle of devotees will be as welcome as a fart in a lift.
    It's not like the club has any premises, in which meeting players could take place...
    Oh yeah, my bad, by 5:30pm it'll be getting dark and all the lights will be out at The Valley, cos of the bungler-in-chief's cost cutting masterplan.
    BFG and the Nabster, save your energies for Saturday, nobody will begrudge your no-show.
  • Partick Bauer and Naby Sarr will be out in force this Thursday, greeting commuters ahead of Saturday’s game against Portsmouth. 

The centre-half pairing will be at the station from 5.30pm to 6.30pm tomorrow evening. The players will be taking photos, signing autographs and encouraging rail users to cheer on the Addicks as they take on Pompey at The Valley this Saturday.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c7fdb90a408c/your-chance-to-meet-patrick-bauer-and-naby-sarr-at-charlton-station
    New idea,who or what will they be taking photos of ?
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

Partick Bauer and Naby Sarr will be out in force this Thursday, greeting commuters ahead of Saturday’s game against Portsmouth. 

The centre-half pairing will be at the station from 5.30pm to 6.30pm tomorrow evening. The players will be taking photos, signing autographs and encouraging rail users to cheer on the Addicks as they take on Pompey at The Valley this Saturday.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c7fdb90a408c/your-chance-to-meet-patrick-bauer-and-naby-sarr-at-charlton-station
    Trains? :wink:
  • Sage said:
    clive said:

Partick Bauer and Naby Sarr will be out in force this Thursday, greeting commuters ahead of Saturday’s game against Portsmouth. 

Trains? :wink:
    Some other clubs signings in 3 months time ?
  • They must be there to meet Rolly who is over to sort out the EFL, Talk Sport and Simon Jorden.

Best we all get down there.
  • Well today’s the day everyone, make sure you all get down to Charlton train station to meet the giant centre backs!

Ignore the weather report of rain and wind, Bauer and Sarr are so solid they won’t feel a thing, they’ll protect you from the cold the same way they protect our defensive record.

Okay that’s enough enthusiasm now.
  • Could they do a quick detour up the A20 and help me clean some chicken sheds out? I’ll do them a fried egg sandwich. 
  • Okay just less than two hours now, so who’s making the eagerly awaited trip down to Charlton train station?
  • edited March 2019
    Sage said:
    Okay just less than two hours now, so who’s making the eagerly awaited trip down to Charlton train station?
    I was but am gonna watch Arsenal v Rennes instead
  • I have to go into town from Maze Hill now, but I'm sorely tempted to take a small detour 
  • Oh gosh! I'm going to be there myself in a minute! How exciting