Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

EFL

They haven't responded yet. What is taking them so long?

The only accurate thing Roland has said is...that the EFL should never have allowed him to be Charltons owner....based on the description and information he would have given them regarding how the club was going to be "run".

He was either lying. Or they was not doing their job properly.

Or, most likely, it is at least a bit of both.

Hurry up and respond.

We want answers. 

Stop hiding.

Comments

• Did they not respond the other day
  • Did they not respond the other day
    acknowledged with formal response in due course ... will take weeks on their track record
  • I googled to double check a possible response.

Absolutely nothing.

Pathetic in my opinion.
  • EFL have a Board meeting on 6 March - my guess is they will need to put their rubber stamp on the wording of the response to Roland's "unique" (yes, meaning weird) demand.
  • Dave2l said:
    I googled to double check a possible response.

Absolutely nothing.

Pathetic in my opinion.
    An EFL spokesperson told football.london:"The EFL can confirm that we have received a request from Charlton Athletic’s majority shareholder Roland Duchatelet, which we will review and subsequently respond to as appropriate."
  • They’ll probably fail the fit and proper persons test
  • Well if they plan on taking Roland up on his offer and work as fast as the Aussies expect a long wait!
  • They are just getting their consortium together... 
  • There won't be answers because there is nothing to answer. Douch's demands are ridiculous and the EFL will treat them with the contempt they deserve. They will politely acknowledge his approach but say this is outside of their durisdiction. Something like that anyway. I'm not quite sure what else you expect them to come up with. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Do they actually need to respond?

It's such a ridiculous suggestion that it doesn't even require a response in my opinion!!
    Definitely worth a response just to wind up Roland. 
  • Of course it needs a response. RD has personally written them a letter requesting that they "buy him out". The EFL have to respond - whether they do it privately or publicly is up to them, but to simply ignore him is unprofessional especially as he is the owner of a club under their concern/remit.
  • they offered a fiver .. Duchy is considering the bid
  • I hope they will not only reply to his "demands" but also set out clearly the financial penalties he would experience should he then spit out his dummy & make it impossible for the club to fulfil its fixtures this year - because I would put nothing beyond possibility when he finds he can't bully officialdom.

I think it is very clear RD is not accustomed to even hearing "no" as an answer, let alone accepting it - one only needs to look at his long-running planning argument over the site of the new  Hof van Stayen hotel to see that.  He is all too used to being a big fish in a small pond.

• they offered a fiver .. Duchy is considering the bid

He only wants a £1 for the club, they should bid him down.
  • I think it gives them a great opportunity to invite RD over to discuss matters.
    I 'd be surprised if they did try and do something positive, but you never know.
  • I think it gives them a great opportunity to invite RD over to discuss matters.
    I 'd be surprised if they did try and do something positive, but you never know.

Like they 'helped' Blackpool and Coventry with their dodgy owners? Wouldn't hold my breath on the EFL coming to our rescue!
  • Coventry could be kicked out of the league while Bolton and Notts County are facing administration.

I imagine this is well down their list of priorities, and rightly so.

As said above they will most likely issue a passive statement stated why, in very polite words, it's not feasible or desirable but why rush themselves to reply to a bonkers Belgian who's trying to blame them for all his mistakes. 
  • I am really looking forward to the “appropriate” response.

Will the response include the words off, up, and shine?
  • Have they actually done something?

Has a statement been released? I know things are happening. Just don't know what exactly.

• Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:
    Have they actually done something?

Has a statement been released? I know things are happening. Just don't know what exactly.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84815/breaking-new-bonkers-statement-from-the-club-roland#latest
  • Dave2l said:
    Have they actually done something?

Yes. Within the last hour. 
  • I have just got my reply to the EFL.