Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If anyone wishes to contact the EFL to exert pressure, here is their e mail address

edited February 2019 in General Charlton

Comments

• To our Beloved owner...
  • An EFL spokesperson told football.london:"The EFL can confirm that we have received a request from Charlton Athletic’s majority shareholder Roland Duchatelet, which we will review and subsequently respond to as appropriate."
  • Guess Roly has already been in touch.
  • Guess Roly has already been in touch.
    I mean as a way of exerting pressure on them to sort out RD.
    Swamp them with thousands of e mails.
  • Dear EFL,
    It's all your fault.
    Regards.
    Roland.
  • edited February 2019
    Rather than write that crap and put it on the website, why doesn't he sue the EFL :) That would be fun!
  • I have done mine. 
  • Rather than write that crap and put it on the website, why doesn't he sue the EFL :) That would be fun!
    This is probably his next step if he gets the all clear from his Psychologist.
  • Sponsored links:

• I sent them something earlier but forgot to copy it :)
  • As to officially censuring Duchatelet yes, the EFL could ask for an explanation as to his comments, but I doubt they have the power (or inclination) to attempt to remove him from Charlton. I'm afraid we are stuck with this monster for the foreseeable future.
  • addick05 said:
    As to officially censuring Duchatelet yes, the EFL could ask for an explanation as to his comments, but I doubt they have the power (or inclination) to attempt to remove him from Charlton. I'm afraid we are stuck with this monster for the foreseeable future.
    But LB can get a 3 match "touchline" ban for swearing at a ref. 
  • addick05 said:
    As to officially censuring Duchatelet yes, the EFL could ask for an explanation as to his comments, but I doubt they have the power (or inclination) to attempt to remove him from Charlton. I'm afraid we are stuck with this monster for the foreseeable future.
    But LB can get a 3 match "touchline" ban for swearing at a ref. 
    Yes. Roland should be banned from attending Charlton games!

Oh!!!!!!
  • Yesterday, when Roland threw them a hot potato, the EFL understandably kicked it into the long grass - not much else they could do when the Press came calling for comment.

But if that's all they do, it is not going to deal with the maggot eating away at the heart of our club.

Like it or not (and clearly EFL don't like it, and will wriggle out of as much as possible), as the governing body for our League the EFL do bear some responsibility for not acting decisively at an earlier stage, but standing by & letting the situation at Charlton steadily deteriorate.  The lack so far of a published conclusion to their investigation into the club being a glaring example.

I hope more of you are filling up their inbox today.  It will certainly take you less time and be cheaper than a trip to Belgium...

• EFL certainly won't do anything if they are not put under pressure.

Pressure is what achieved the investigation - weak as it was - in the first place.

EFL will take the line of least resistance - so it's down to fans of aggrieved clubs to try to change the course of that line. 

Or, of course, to lie on their backs & wait to have their tummies tickled?

• Hasn anyone had an ackonwledgement yet? I haven't. 
  • No acknowledgement (but it is less than 24h since I wrote)

More interested in getting a timely answer, to be honest. 

Does EFL have a stated time limit within which they say a response will be sent?  I think the FA does.

• Sponsored links:

• N01R4M said:

No acknowledgement (but it is less than 24h since I wrote)

More interested in getting a timely answer, to be honest. 

Does EFL have a stated time limit within which they say a response will be sent?  I think the FA does.

The EFL will endeavour to respond to any letter, fax or e-mail within 7 working days of receipt of such communication. If it is not possible to provide a full response to the issue raised within that time, an acknowledgement will be sent and a detailed reply will follow within 21 working days of receipt of the original communication.
  • Dear EFL

Could you please please please make it happen that our illustrious one of a type owner...just sells the club & F's O....

yours Sincerely 

Every Charlton Supporter & even the rose tinted lot...😉,

ps....we are all as one really...😘Cmon EFL,HELP,SOS,u know it makes sense
  • Have just received answer to email (a repeat of yesterday's press release):

Hello,

Thank you for your email, we note the comments you have made throughout.  

You may have seen the EFL provided an update on current matters via a statement made on 6 March, on our website here https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-board-update/.  

As a competition organiser, the EFL regulates against dual interests and, having assessed the suggestion to take control of Charlton Athletic put forward by the Club’s owner Roland Duchatalet, the EFL Board has concluded that that such an arrangement would raise a significant conflict of interest and as such is not one that could be considered.  

The EFL will be speaking to Mr Duchatalet with regard to the ownership of Charlton Athletic and will continue to offer any support it can in assisting with his aim of finding a suitable new owner for the Club.  

In meantime, the ongoing EFL review continues and is expected to reach a conclusion before the end of the season.  

Thank you for contacting the EFL.  

Regards,  

Jessica

Supporter Services Department

EFL

• Sent mine off...

Subject says "Roland Dutchelet and Charlton Athletic"

The body of the email says  "WHY?"
  • reply received today:-

You may have seen the EFL provided an update on current matters via a statement made on 6 March, on our website here https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-board-update/.

As a competition organiser, the EFL regulates against dual interests and, having assessed the suggestion to take control of Charlton Athletic put forward by the Club’s owner Roland Duchatalet, the EFL Board has concluded that that such an arrangement would raise a significant conflict of interest and as such is not one that could be considered.

The EFL will be speaking to Mr Duchatalet with regard to the ownership of Charlton Athletic and will continue to offer any support it can in assisting with his aim of finding a suitable new owner for the Club.

In meantime, the ongoing EFL review continues and is expected to reach a conclusion before the end of the season.

Kind Regards

Danny

EFL

Short version: pipe down you berk, we're not interested and you're stuck with him, go away.

Thanks for nothing "Danny", happy in your work? Proud of yourself?

• edited March 2019
    N01R4M said:

Have just received answer to email (a repeat of yesterday's press release):

Hello,

You may have seen the EFL provided an update on current matters via a statement made on 6 March, on our website here https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-board-update/.  

Regards,  

Jessica

EFL

reply received today:-

You may have seen the EFL provided an update on current matters via a statement made on 6 March, on our website here https://www.efl.com/news/2019/march/efl-statement-board-update/.

Kind Regards

Danny

EFL

Same response, word-for-word. One signed by "Jessica", the other signed by "Danny".

Important question: is there so much customer supporter correspondence that one person can't cope with the copy-and-paste replies and they need a small army of people to do it?

Or, is this an example of gender-fluidity and "Jessica" and "Danny" are one and the same person?
  • edited March 2019
    Got my reply from EFL too today, exactly the same as above from Jessica.
  • Yep.. My reply.. exactly the same:-

Hello,

Regards,

Jessica

EFL

• I got the same reply. Didn't answer anything