Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest against Roland at the Portsmouth match

I'm fed up with Roland. We all are. We have the perfect opportunity to show how much with the Portsmouth match being televised.  A protest is needed. 

This is my idea

Print loads of sheets of paper with "Roland Out" on them. Bring them into the stadium. Make them into paper planes and throw them onto the pitch when the ref blows his whistle for the start of the game.

If you have a better idea, please do say and spread awareness

Comments

• I like the “Rubbish Mate!” idea. 

• edited February 2019
    I'm fed up with Roland. We all are. We have the perfect opportunity to show how much with the Portsmouth match being televised.  A protest is needed. 

This is my idea

Print loads of sheets of paper with "Roland Out" on them. Bring them into the stadium. Make them into paper planes and throw them onto the pitch when the ref blows his whistle for the start of the game.

Or don't turn up at all...

I do understand its people choices wether they go or not & I fully,respect & totally understand that...ok...👍
    But for me il be once again sitting this one out...

(Spray Cans...😬)

Cmon U Addicks
  • toilet paper? As this has been taken away from us in the ground....

And Roland is a douche

• toilet paper? As this has been taken away from us in the ground....

And Roland is a douche

Well at Ujpest (The Team his Son Roderick owns/runs) they did throw toilet seats on the pitch as a protest to the new club badge, so at least its consistent if we do something similar
  • edited February 2019

This is my idea

I'm undecided whether we should or shouldn't.

But I have to say in terms of a simple but reasonably effective idea with no cost involved, it's a great idea.

If we should, then hold them up at a certain time and then let them fly.

We would need some willing volunteers at the front to help, as most won't reach the pitch.
  • The protests at the valley have been done.
    The only protests that have an effect are in his own backyard. Either don't go or support the team. (Even if the latter ends up being vain)

For that reason I'm out.
    I totally get the sentiment of wanting to make a point, but I think this is where I am too. Home numbers aren't good enough for an impressive protest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Protests at protests at home games have been done to death, as others have said the only things that makes him sit up and take notice is when it’s in his back yard.
  • Believe there’s little point in further game protests. Even being on tv, Roland won’t watch the game and none of his minions will pass on what happened. What does get his attention and bothers him is activity in Belgium 
  • edited February 2019
    Love how people are saying protest in belgium like its just sonething u can do.

Not everyone has 
    Money to travel
    Time to travel
    A passport to travel.

Those people who cant go to belgium still want to protest so why not do it here.

If its good enough and big enough it will get enough media attention that it will be seen by Roland in Belgium anyway
  • How about we all just 100% get behind the team for what is an extremely important game and live on TV show any prospective buyer, if there really is one, why he should pull his finger out ?
    Christ don't you even listen to what your beloved Roland says ?
    He told us there are NO current negotiations !  
  • edited February 2019
    Love how people are saying protest in belgium like its just sonething u can do.

Not everyone has 
    Money to travel
    Time to travel
    A passport to travel.

Those people who cant go to belgium still want to protest so why not do it here.

If its good enough and big enough it will get enough media attention that it will be seen by Roland in Belgium anyway
    Not everyone 
    wants to give money to Roland
    has time to travel to Charlton as they’re busy in Belgium
    will be willing to pay for a ticket to protest in the ground

It works both ways.
  • Uboat said:
    Home numbers aren't good enough for an impressive protest. 
    Are you implying that away numbers are ??
  • How about we all just 100% get behind the team for what is an extremely important game and live on TV show any prospective buyer, if there really is one, why he should pull his finger out ?
    You are a wum.

get the behind the team whilst meanwhile we won't soon have a Club to support

People like this can't see that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Love how people are saying protest in belgium like its just sonething u can do.

Not everyone has 
    Money to travel
    Time to travel
    A passport to travel.

Not everyone 

It works both ways.
    Fair enough so the people in belgium protest in belgium the ones in england protest here, but to rule out any protests here because a few people may be able to travel to belgium to protest is IMO wrong and allienates people like me who cant travek
  • Love how people are saying protest in belgium like its just sonething u can do.

Not everyone has 
    Money to travel
    Time to travel
    A passport to travel.

Not everyone 

It works both ways.
    Fair enough so the people in belgium protest in belgium the ones in england protest here, but to rule out any protests here because a few people may be able to travel to belgium to protest is IMO wrong and allienates people like me who cant travek
    We are at the stage where protests here do not work - it is only in Belgium that he starts to listen
  • Uboat said:
    Home numbers aren't good enough for an impressive protest. 
    Are you implying that away numbers are ??
    Proportionally they're getting better every season. Great times. 
  • All future protests should bevin ST, hound the bloke every day if possible, follow him EVERYWHERE he goes, play music outside his house all night, dont give him a moments piece.

It's a real shame I live so far away, our club needs us all to dig deep and fight, right now。
  • Everybody is free to protest how they want and people that can't afford to go to Belgium are not judged badly. It is just Roland takes no interest in what happens in this country. He does not like being embarresed in his own country though.
  • I suggest we have a full on protest at the Portsmouth game which is live on Sky.
    If all Charlton fans protest and bring their mates the extra revenue he gets net of costs and VAT will be somewhere close to the extra costs he pays out for security.

If he makes £20K in the scheme of things so what ?

Let's let him have it live on TV. Paper planes are good as is anything that is not dangerous such as rolled up socks.
  • edited February 2019
    I think we should crash the pitch and refuse to leave.

This only work if enough people do it so noone gets arrested as there would be to many people
  • Soiled undercrackers?

They'd take longer to clear from the pitch
  • How about we throw duct tape on the pitch?
  • I think we should crash the pitch and refuse to leave.

This only work if enough people do it so noone gets arrested as there would be to many people
    Worked out well against Middlesbrough