Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer charged by FA

Lee Bowyer charged by The FA following Saturday's win at AFC Wimbledon

25th February 2019 15:30pm
PA-41371386jpg

Lee Bowyer has been charged by the FA, following Saturday’s victory at AFC Wimbledon. 

The Charlton boss was dismissed from his technical area by referee Chris Kavanagh in the 46th minute of the match. The FA have released the following statement:

"Lee Bowyer has been charged with two breaches of FA Rule E3 following the game against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday [23 February 2019].

"It is alleged the Charlton Athletic manager used abusive and/or insulting language towards the match referee in both the 46th minute and following his dismissal.

"He has until 18:00 on 28 February 2019 to provide a response."

Comments

• edited February 2019
    2 charges haha

Reckon a 1 match ban is coming
  • Reckon so, the authorities will always back the officials in this kind of thing. Looks like the Gaffer is going to be a little light in the wallet!
  • 2 charges haha

Reckon a 1 match ban is coming
    Seeing as he has already done it this season.
  • Well done Bowyer.
  • Not a real problem tbh.
    Bowyer will sit in the stand and correspond with JJ by phone. 
  • Meaningless.
  • addick05 said:
    Reckon so, the authorities will always back the officials in this kind of thing. Looks like the Gaffer is going to be a little light in the wallet!
    Roland will pay 

• "He has until 18:00 on 28 February 2019 to provide a response."
    Up yours.
  • Addickted said:

"He has until 18:00 on 28 February 2019 to provide a response."
    Up yours.
    Fair cop gov, it was me.

Just don’t make me sit in a posh seat with a decent view.
  • edited February 2019

Big baby snowflake referee, this is League 1 where colourful language is commonplace.

Get back to referreeing in the Premier League or wherever you came from.

• Sponsored links:

• Don't know what he said to the ref, but I can confirm that the ref was an absolute ####. Think he was a premier ref and reckon he thought he was above all this league one stuff.

However he was clueless, slow to give descisions and laughed a few times when people questioned his bewildering calls.

• Don't know what he said to the ref, but I can confirm that the ref was an absolute ####. Think he was a premier ref and reckon he thought he was above all this league one stuff.

However he was clueless, slow to give descisions and laughed a few times when people questioned his bewildering calls.

According to Bow, he was a Wucking Fanker x 3
  • Shocking ref.
    I hope they look into what sparked LB's response.
  • Good to see the FA clamping down on this sort of thing. We can't have officials being told 'Well done', or where will it end?
  • Stuff the FA and the ref ... good for you Lee, you had a valid point and weren’t afraid to make it. 
     he'll WhatsApp  pics of Vetokeles Mrs.
  • I do think refs are a bit quick to caution Bows due his reputation as a player
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I do think refs are a bit quick to caution Bows due his reputation as a player
    How much swearing do you think would be the right amount? 
  • Chizz said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    I do think refs are a bit quick to caution Bows due his reputation as a player
    How much swearing do you think would be the right amount? 
    'Kin' loads.
     he'll WhatsApp  pics of Vetokeles Mrs.
    Can I join this whatsapp  group please 
  • Sponsored links:

• I hope Lord Bowyer has words with the authorities and asks three main questions:

Why are referees so reluctant to award us the free kicks we deserve when our players are kicked and dragged from pillar to post but happy to punish us for the same (or lesser) offences?

Why does it only seem to be our players that booked for time-wasting?

Why the firkin are they still appointing to professional football matches the likes of Stroud, Kettle, and the twat who reffed the home game against Posh?
  • Ref loved giving out that second yellow, really wanted Bowyer to say anything back to him and he was ready to go.

I also lip-read the "wucking fanker"s afterwards - which I'm sure in the FA's eyes will rob Bowyer of the opportunity to be hard done by for the ridiculous second booking for saying "well done".

If only the ref could get charged by the FA for warranting being called the above.
  • To be fair the ref did half heart the game because it was League 1.

Look at Howard Webb who did a Premier League game between Wigan and Reading after he reffed a World Cup Final.
  • I hope Lord Bowyer has words with the authorities and asks three main questions:

Why are referees so reluctant to award us the free kicks we deserve when our players are kicked and dragged from pillar to post but happy to punish us for the same (or lesser) offences?

Why does it only seem to be our players that booked for time-wasting?

Why the firkin are they still appointing to professional football matches the likes of Stroud, Kettle, and the twat who reffed the home game against Posh?
    This. 
  • Bows has got it sussed. Management to get the yellow and reds instead of the players. Genius!

We need  to wire up the ball boys so they can barrack from the sidelines as well.
  • It was the same in McDonalds all those years ago...  bants innit?
  • would love it if he made a right good job of it and told the F A to do one and fuck right off ((:>)
  • It was the same in McDonalds all those years ago...  bants innit?
    there is nothing funny about being to late for a double sausage and egg McMuffin when all you want is a double sausage and egg McMuffin
  • edited February 2019
    I've sat near the bench and heard the swearing and abuse directed to the officials. I know its "Industrial" language, but I was very suprised it was tolerated and not penalised (though they did seem to be carefully taking turns to "have banter" with the officials). Clearly on Saturday Bowyer overstepped the mark and got red carded, cant say im shocked, I would have thought it was inevitable