Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Please you

Comments

• Options
    After nigh on 50 years of working, man and boy, looking forward to retiring next Friday 1st.
    All the best mate! Enjoy.
  • Options
    Being in London in this amazingly unseasonable weather, and doing the stuff we miss at home. Walked around the city a bit, been to an art gallery, a play, going to football today and a gig tomorrow afternoon. 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    T_C_E said:
    Helping to rehabilitate a young horse that was attacked by loose dogs, walking 3 dogs along the street alongside a horse is pretty surreal and while beautiful animals I'm not over keen. (They kick and bite)  :#
    It’s a real shame you don’t have any pictures
    I do have one especially for you of our two Reading dogs working at the school. Enjoy  :)
  • Options
    Looks like hard work :smile:
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    T_C_E said:
    Helping to rehabilitate a young horse that was attacked by loose dogs, walking 3 dogs along the street alongside a horse is pretty surreal and while beautiful animals I'm not over keen. (They kick and bite)  :#
    It’s a real shame you don’t have any pictures
    Doh!
  • Options
    Had a great afternoon in Greenwich, poking around the markets, long walk around the park. Charlton won, Welling won and we’re now in Sticks n Sushi having a lovely meal.
  • Options
    Mornings where I wake up feeling refreshed... Today isn't one 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a £25 bet on us to win the league ( at the time it was a possibility ). I got an email today to state that the betting company had folded, I was told to claim my stake back, it has been paid back already.
  • Options
    Jamie Webb - a bloke who breaks the mould - by being a top class athlete and holding down a full time job teaching physics and chemistry.  He returned to school immediately after taking the 800M Silver in the European indoor championships.  Well done mate!

Mind you, did the BBC’s Steve Cram really have to do the full Alan Partridge in his commentary, and talk about Webb “getting the formula right”?

• Options
    This pleases me a lot.........
    Ive been working with a cracking female singer from Lewisham.
    Hells teeth can she sing....shes the real deal.

We've just recorded this one that I wrote, all proceeds go to MIND, so take a listen and if you like it and have a quid, then please download it. 
    Every penny goes to MIND.

Thanks in advance.

Vocals - Jade Foreman
    Guitars - Greenie
    Keys - Phil D
    Drums - Mac Hine.
    Produced by Greenie and Phil D.

https://green0.bandcamp.com/album/wedding-ring-foreman-green

• Options
    Greenie said:

We've just recorded this one that I wrote, all proceeds go to MIND, so take a listen and if you like it and have a quid, then please download it. 

Thanks in advance.

Vocals - Jade Foreman
    Guitars - Greenie
    Keys - Phil D
    Drums - Mac Hine.

Done! Good cause
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Thanks in advance.

Vocals - Jade Foreman
    Guitars - Greenie
    Keys - Phil D
    Drums - Mac Hine.

Done! Good cause
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

Thanks in advance.

Vocals - Jade Foreman
    Guitars - Greenie
    Keys - Phil D
    Drums - Mac Hine.

Done! Good cause
    Thank you.

No worries mate - enjoyed the track btw.
    I googled Jade Foreman to listen to some more of her stuff and it came up with an American singer.
    Is that somebody else or was she not always a Lewisham girl?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

Thanks in advance.

Vocals - Jade Foreman
    Guitars - Greenie
    Keys - Phil D
    Drums - Mac Hine.

Done! Good cause
    Thank you.

No worries mate - enjoyed the track btw.
    I googled Jade Foreman to listen to some more of her stuff and it came up with an American singer.
    Is that somebody else or was she not always a Lewisham girl?
    Its someone else mate, Jade is a proper Sarf London girl, she fronts her own new band, has done backing vocals with many bands on tour, has been off the scene for a few of years with a bad illness, and couldn't perform. She got well, came to one of our gigs and jams, and got up and sung a couple, and as you've heard, can really belt out a tune. She's an absolute joy to work with.

This is one of her old bands from the V Festival in 05, thats her on lead vox, although nowadays her taste is in rocking blues with a hint of gospel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4TK7m66Sw

• Options
    Having a final tinker with my very expensive lazer level, that has been confined in the corner of the shed since I last wasted an afternoon on it and getting it to work.
  • Options
    Exiting his charmless hotel Roly Twoshits trips over his broken shoes falling flat on his ugly twisted face splitting his lip breaking his nose and deranging his remaining teeth. 
    “Serves you right you lying old lunatic “ laughs a passing Londoner 
    we can dream can’t we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good peel of a tangerine / satsuma etc.

The initial break of the skin is easy, no squashing of the product or picking at several areas to get the process started.

The peel comes away in less than 3 pieces overall.

The majority of the white pith comes off with the peel, leaving clean easy to separate segments of the fruit.
  • Options
    My computer number at work being 1905... Easy to remember!
  • Options
    Chance meetings with Sunderland fans. They always seem so keen to mention the play-off final.

BTW, they're back a Wembley of Sunday. I bet they don'y witness a hat-trick as good as Mendonca's.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Chance meetings with Sunderland fans. They always seem so keen to mention the play-off final.

BTW, they're back a Wembley of Sunday. I bet they don'y witness a hat-trick as good as Mendonca's.
    It's because they so rarely get to meet anyone who was cheering the opposition that day... ;)
  • Options
    Seeing this coaster for sale (and buying it) in Greenwich market today.

I got a set of four many years ago, one of them is a 47 Cup Final ticket.
  • Options
    Werther's Original.  Pretty sure I'd like 'em even if I wasn't a Grandad too.