Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Flat Earth or Not?

edited February 2019 in Not Sports Related
Currently watching behind the curve and wondered if there are any flat earth believers on here?

I don't want any malice in this thread either way, I just want to understand the "facts" that made people believe the earth could be flat?

Comments

• Nope definitely not flat
  • Isn't it a cosmic turtle?
  • Of course it's flat, have you not opened an atlas? 
  • It's doughnut shaped. 
    Jam, custard, ring or cream?
  • It is flat . But the sides wrap around and join up to the other sides
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Currently watching behind the curve and wondered if there are any flat earth believers on here?

I don't want any malice in this thread either way, I just want to understand the "facts" that made people believe the earth could be flat?
    I watched half of that programme before deciding it was all a bit weird for me. there are some very odd people in it
  • Sponsored links:

• Utter nonsense 
  • iainment said:
    Isn't it a cosmic turtle?
    its turtles all the way down!
  • edited February 2019
    It's not flat.  But can be a bit boring at times.
  • Its not 100% round either.

It's an oblate spheroid.

• It is flat. Levi’s and Lord Lucan are on the underside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wish it was flat.  Save all those poxy conference calls at stupid o’clock if we were all in the same time zone
  • Celestial Sphere research.

Do some.

I'm a bit rusty with the whole thing at the moment, as I have other things on my mind and I'm on a slight downer.

It will also just give you more of a reason to laugh AT the flat earth theory.

It is of my guess/memory that the milky way galaxy is 100,000 light years in diameter...but just 1,000 light years in width or thickness.

Might have got that wrong! (Of course it is a rough estimate anyway)

In terms of shape. It is interesting though.
  • The earths round?

Fuck right off!
  • Like all conspiracy theories, first ask yourself "Why?". What has anyone got to gain by telling us the earth is round when it is flat? If the answer is nothing, as in this case, then it's a load of round spherical objects. Or one in the case of Earth...