Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

4-3-3 Anyone??

Parker really impressed me when he came on and it got me thinking, next week home to Blackpool, why not go for it

Phillips
Solly BFG Sarr Purrington
Cullen Bielik
Williams
Taylor Parker Igor

Comments

• 2 CM players in Cullen and Bielik who can put a challenge in

Williams playmaker behind the front 3
  • Bielik is banned for the next 2 games. 

Wouldn't put Taylor wide on a three, Parker is quicker and has played wide before. 

Personally would drop Vetokele for Reeves and play the favoured diamond midfield with Cullen at the base, Lapslie and Reeves in the middle and Williams at the top of the diamond behind Taylor and Parker. 
  • We looked good with 3 at the back today. Might be the only option without Bielik.
  • No, it tends to look far better on paper than it does in reality.

Two holding midfielders is a waste of a player.

Teams don’t really start games with a front three, the wide two are normally expected to track back to make a five man midfield.

Igor’s not a winger or creative threat.

The biggest problem is not being able to replace the threat Taylor and Grant were bringing. Aribo missing hasn’t helped, he’s been our only goalscoring midfielder this season.
  • edited February 2019
    Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr Purrington
    Cullen
    Reeves Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor Vetokele

Maxwell, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Aribo, Marshall, Fosu, Parker

Without  Bielik we need Pratley’s height and physicality, Blackpool are a big side so would be foolish to have such a small midfield and get bullied. After today I don’t want Fosu anywhere near the starting eleven as for me he was useless. We would look a far better team once Taylor is back of course and hopefully Aribo is fit enough next week to be included otherwise Stevenson or Hackett-Fairchild will be in the bench instead.
  • Sage said:
    Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr Purrington
    Cullen
    Reeves Pratley
    Williams
    Taylor Vetokele

Maxwell, Dijksteel, Lapslie, Aribo, Marshall, Fosu, Parker

Without  Bielik we need Pratley’s height and physicality, Blackpool are a big side so would be foolish to have such a small midfield and get bullied. After today I don’t want Fosu anywhere near the starting eleven as for me he was useless. We would look a far better team once Taylor is back of course and hopefully Aribo is fit enough next week to be included otherwise Stevenson or Hackett-Fairchild will be in the bench instead.
    I agreed your team against Southend and also said that Fosu should only play off the bench against tired players. 

I would reluctantly go with your team; but only because I rate Aribo so highly, but agree he should not start.
    I also think Pratley is a better player some on here give him credit for. He may not be the greatest, but he would never let us down. I also think he gives us a good balance.

• Parker really impressed me when he came on and it got me thinking, next week home to Blackpool, why not go for it

Phillips
    Solly BFG Sarr Purrington
    Cullen Bielik
    Williams
    Taylor Parker Igor

The thought of Vetokele playing in a 3 up front and Reeves on the bench just seems wrong.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Super-Sarr Purrington
                              Bielik
                  Cullen  Williams
                            Reeves
                     Taylor  Parker

4-4-2 in a diamond.

How does Williams play as the attacking player in a diamond when he never scores ?
    3 goals in 123 matches.

Reeves can score from midfield and so can Aribo, hopefully the bench will look strong next week.

I haven't seen enough of Reeco to judge but I can't see what he can do ?
  • edited February 2019
    I believe it the only formation ever worth playing. After reading about it by Cruijff, I think you push 4-3-3 across the whole club no matter what the outcome and then build around it. Not to mention early 2000s Barcelona and Spain did that and are is the greatest football I’ve ever seen. I find it the most “elegant.”

I also believe winners take their strategy TO the opposition. In any sport. Losers “adapt” and change their strategy depending on the opposition. I would kill for us to go 4-3-3, come hell of high water. If you change formations every game (manager) then your players never really know their job, imho.

The only issue is I watched Karl Robinson stick with one formation only and it killed us. But I think I will take Cruijff’s advice over Robinson’s.
  • I believe it the only formation ever worth playing. After reading about it by Cruijff, I think you push 4-3-3 across the whole club no matter what the outcome and then build around it. Not to mention early 2000s Barcelona and Spain did that and are is the greatest football I’ve ever seen. I find it the most “elegant.”

I also believe winners take their strategy TO the opposition. In any sport. Losers “adapt” and change their strategy depending on the opposition. I would kill for us to go 4-3-3, come hell of high water. If you change formations every game (manager) then your players never really know their job, imho.
    At least you've stepped up from reading moneyball.
  • Is there any rationale for Igor to be in the first XI other than he was good for a few games a few years ago?

agree that Parker looked ok (in the truest sense of the word) when he came on
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe it the only formation ever worth playing. After reading about it by Cruijff, I think you push 4-3-3 across the whole club no matter what the outcome and then build around it. Not to mention early 2000s Barcelona and Spain did that and are is the greatest football I’ve ever seen. I find it the most “elegant.”

The only issue is I watched Karl Robinson stick with one formation only and it killed us. But I think I will take Cruijff’s advice over Robinson’s.
    Cruyff loved a diamond midfield :)

https://youtu.be/7NZ0byEyeOA

https://youtu.be/V5ltG4Te48w