Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Centre Back for Saturday...

Assuming that one of Pratley or Bielik will pair-up with Naby Sarr at centre-back for Saturday in the absence of the suspended Bauer, a place on the bench for Dan Bowry or Jo Cummings, both of whom featured with the U23s today?

Comments

• Or Pratley will be classed as backup?
  • You'd have thought Stevenson, but let's see
  • Leuth said:

You'd have thought Stevenson, but let's see

Stevenson on the bench, I mean!
  • Bielik alongside the Nabster, Cullen at the base of the diamond, Reeco up front and Williams at the top of the diamond, but how LB & JJ sort out the rest of the midfield and attack from the motley selection of lightweights, makeweights and newbies is a job I'm very happy not to have.
  • Logically Bielik will drop back to CB, while Dijksteel and Pratley can both cover CB, so not sure we need an other CB on the bench.
  • Bielik alongside the Nabster, Cullen at the base of the diamond, Reeco up front and Williams at the top of the diamond, but how LB & JJ sort out the rest of the midfield and attack from the motley selection of lightweights, makeweights and newbies is a job I'm very happy not to have.

On Saturday I'd go with

Phillips
    Solly | Bielik | Sarr | Purrington
    Williams | Cullen | Lapslie
    Fosu
    Parker | Vetokele
    This team but probably 4-3-3 with Fosu on the left and Parker on the right.

On Saturday I'd go with

Phillips
    Fosu
    Parker | Vetokele
    You seem to know what you're talking about.
    Wouldnt go that far
  • Sponsored links:

On Saturday I'd go with

Phillips
    Fosu
    Parker | Vetokele
    It’s happening!

You’ve saved the day!
  • edited February 2019

Bielik alongside the Nabster, Cullen at the base of the diamond, Reeco up front and Williams at the top of the diamond, but how LB & JJ sort out the rest of the midfield and attack from the motley selection of lightweights, makeweights and newbies is a job I'm very happy not to have.

On Saturday I'd go with

Phillips
    Fosu
    Parker | Vetokele
    That would be my starting 11.
    Reeco to come on when Vetokele is spent.
    Hopefully not before 65 minutes.
    Reeves to come on for Williams 70 mins
    Pratley to come on with 10 to go to see out
    the 2 goal lead we will have by then !

Fosu must turn up soon on a regular basis.
    He the one player I would give a free role to.
    His goals and assists seem to be coming from the centre( Gillingham game) and the pass to Reeves for his goal
    He will need to drift to the wing but I don't want him curtailed by staying out wide all game.
    With Grant gone with his pace. Fosu must find his Mojo and X factor if we aren't to disappear from the play -offs.
  • edited February 2019
    Has to be Bielik who slotted in there on Saturday after Bauer got his second yellow. It also frees up the midfield for a more attack minded midfielder to come in. Cullen DM and perm any three from Williams, Reeves, Lapslie, Fosu or Marshall. Two up top Vetokele and Parker which should be enough at home to sink the Shrimpers.
  • Bielik and Naby isn't my favourite combo because if you've got a defender who likes to play a bit at this level I like to have a good old-fashioned clogger next to him just to reduce the number of heart-stopping moments in a game. Two defenders who would rather try a step over or a rabona rather than heading a stationary ball can have its dodgy moments. Still, on form they're both very talented calm defenders so let's hope they have a good day
  • I’d go with Bielik but have an inkling that Bowyer will go with Pratley
  • Hope it's Bielek. Pratley is not a centre back.
  • I think Pratley will be the bench cover for Bielik and Sarr
  • I would urge you all to go on the QPR web site, sign in and watch the highlights of our under 23 match as nice to see Ventokele😁 doing so well, and the new kid up front. Good performance all round.

On Saturday I'd go with

Phillips
    Fosu
    Parker | Vetokele
    You've just seen my team over on the other thread ;)

But yeah, I agree.
  • Fosu behind tront two hasn't worked all Season. I'd go Reeves as Gobbo bought him to play there, Fosu up top and Igor to come on and run at tired legs. Perhaps Wassam on bench to come on if we're ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fosu behind tront two hasn't worked all Season. I'd go Reeves as Gobbo bought him to play there, Fosu up top and Igor to come on and run at tired legs. Perhaps Wassam on bench to come on if we're ahead.

Completely forgot about Reeves
  • Reeves behind two actual strikers could be good for a home game I think - he tends to perform much better at home for some reason
  • Leuth said:

Reeves behind two actual strikers could be good for a home game I think - he tends to perform much better at home for some reason

Red wine doesn't travel well either 😉.
  • edited February 2019

Fosu behind tront two hasn't worked all Season. I'd go Reeves as Gobbo bought him to play there, Fosu up top and Igor to come on and run at tired legs. Perhaps Wassam on bench to come on if we're ahead.

The same Gobbo who thought Grant was a winger 🤔 we need goal scorers in the team and Reeves isn’t one. That’s why Fosu needs to play for me, with either Lapslie or Reeves alongside Williams as the two middle CMs.
  • Scoham said:

Fosu behind tront two hasn't worked all Season. I'd go Reeves as Gobbo bought him to play there, Fosu up top and Igor to come on and run at tired legs. Perhaps Wassam on bench to come on if we're ahead.

The same Gobbo who thought Grant was a winger 🤔 we need goal scorers in the team and Reeves isn’t one. That’s why Fosu needs to play for me, with either Lapslie or Reeves alongside Williams as the two middle CMs.
    Fosu is no goal scorer, not on current form.
  • Leuth said:

Reeves behind two actual strikers could be good for a home game I think - he tends to perform much better at home for some reason

I’ve not been able to get to many away games lately but how ineffective must Reeves have been away if he’s much “better” at home? Jesus H Christ on a bike? (This crackdown on the f bomb sure makes posts longer😉)
  • Naby gone from Cafc number 4 CB to Number 1. Just shows what:
    transfer (konga),Injury (Pearce) and suspension (Bauer) can do for your prospects.
    TBF to the Nabster, cream always rises to the top !
  • Leuth said:

Was thinking the same, Reeves is definitely a home player
  • Redhenry said:

Leuth said:

Was thinking the same, Reeves is definitely a home player
    Whereas Pratley seems a better bet away from home (I think?).