Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood v Charlton 2/2/19 - Post Match Views

Your take on that one nil defeat here.

Comments

• Depressingly predictable as another transfer window whimpers shut.
  • Cor didn’t see that happening.

Shite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer set up wrong today

Transfer window sums it up..

Why do we bother

It won't change till he sells or we force Roland out
  • edited February 2019
    Laddick01 said:

Bowyer I like you as a manager, but RHF as a lone striker against a CB that’s 6’7. Come on.

I thought he did well all things considering i.e. Roland didnt really leave Lee with another option - He cant head the ball but knocked the ball down and brought others into play really well

We were just SO SLOW on the ball, it gave Fleetwood time to get back into position every time and close us down so there were never any clear cut chances... As I mentioned at Half Time it was a repeat of the Accrington game at the Valley and is a good example of how to setup against us for future opponents
  • Let's be honest, what did anyone really expect? One goal in three games and Taylor out next week, BFG red card.... gets better and better don't it?
  • It was a very Robinson esque performance and result.
  • One of "those" Saturdays when we lose. Utterly depressing.
  • That was a real lame performance , summed up by Purringtons pathetic chipped cross straight in to the keepers arms at the end when a drilled low and hard cross was what was required .

Vetokele (please no one spell it Ventokele ) looked quite lively when he came on .

Philips done well apart from one horrendous mix up that led to a good chance being missed by Evans who looked a class above .

I dread to think of the difference in wage bills of our final 11 (before the BFG was sent off) on the pitch and fleetwoods .

it's a shit league so play offs should still be made but i'm not asconvinced about promotion as i was a month ago .

millwall 5 points from relegation and safe
    palace 7 points from relegation and safe

what a time to be a Charlton fan

• addick05 said:

Let's be honest, what did anyone really expect? One goal in three games and Taylor out next week, BFG red card.... gets better and better don't it?

Only good thing about the Bauer red card is that Bielik can play Centre Back next week... Hopefully means that him and Cullen can stop trying to show who is best at sitting in front of the defence as at the moment its our Gerrard or Lampard issue and question if they can play alongside each other
  • Sponsored links:

• The boys ever heard of discipline?
    Season defining week playoffs if lucky.
  • Laddick01 said:

Bowyer I like you as a manager, but RHF as a lone striker against a CB that’s 6’7. Come on.

Let's be honest what other options has he got? FUCK OFF ROLAND
    Parker. He didn’t do much when he came on, but the formation we started with today really didn’t work at all last week either, it was only when we went ‘back to what we know’ that we got on top in that game.
  • One of those days all round. I'm even out of the JPT prediction cup.
  • Look at the stats...57% possession (albeit mainly sideways or backwards) 6 shots only 1 on target!! Listened to the game on Valley Pass, we never sounded like scoring, and setting up with 1 up-front in RH-F for his very league start was a wrong move in my opinion. We have lost ground again and I cant see where the goals will come from next week either!!
  • It’s weird that we have so much quality in the middle yet constantly get done by sides with bruisers in midfield. I don’t know how we get promoted, we just never seem good enough.
  • That had been coming.

Poor v Accrington with Grant and Taylor. Poor v Peterborough with Grant.
    Poor today with neither.

Our midfield just isn't doing it for me.
    Williams has talent but doesn't seem to impact, Ditto Reeves.

Season isn't over but we look average and easy to stop right now and Taylor alone isn't the reason.

Thankfully Pompey and Posh look even worse but Sunderland, Luton and Barnsley look miles ahead of us.

Oh, and no we won't miss Grant, easy to replace! the

Yet Leuth reckons we have the best midfield in the division !
    Personally, I'd swap ours with Luton's every time.
  • Uboat said:

One of those days all round. I'm even out of the JPT prediction cup.

I just checked that, unlucky fella........not 😀
  • edited February 2019
    Seemed to have our heads down for most of the game until they scored and then upped the tempo a bit. Reeves, Cullen and Williams all played quite well but as individuals. Thought Lapslie a bit error prone today. Looked better after the changes and a reasonable cameo from Parker and some nice touches from Vetokele. Goes without saying that no Taylor or Grant made us toothless and we asked too much of RHF. And as for the referee - every time a player went down he called foul. No flow and Bauer's red very soft.