Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fleetwood v Charlton - Match Thread

Afternoon everyone, welcome to your Saturday afternoon Matchday Thread. Fairly sure it will be a bit more snug following this afternoon from the benefit of our homes rather than the icy cold Fleetwood terraces. Caps dothed to all those Addicks who have made the long journey.

Last week we failed to score. Since then we’ve sold our top scorer. Goals may potentially be hard to come by today and they’ll be a lot of interest in what team Bowyer puts out.

Team news when announced.

There is no snow to be seen here in Sunny Sidcup, though it remains around freezing. Where are you in the UK / world and what’s the weather like where you are?

Come on you reds

Comments

• It was a beautiful 18c today here in Spring City, a bit colder now as its 21;50!!

Trying my hardest to stay awake for the game but I think I'm gonna fail.
  • Very sunny Cornwall (about bleddy time) no wind, 6 degrees.

Feels pleasantly warm in the sunshine, chilly in the shade.
    Can see snow on the tops of the moors in the far distance.

• Around us in L1 today we have:

Barnsley v Scunny
    Shrewsbury v Luton
    Pompey v Donny
    Posh v Plymouth
    Sunderland v Wimbledon

I fancy Shrewsbury to get something v Luton today
  • Snow rain and sun here in central Norfolk.
    Fingers crossed for a good performance and a Charlton win.

• fancy Shrewsbury to get something v Luton today

Luton haven't been beaten for 3 months.
    They should win.

But they are well overdue a day when things don't go to plan.
  • sunny 5deg here in North Dorset

COYA

• Charlton: Phillips, Solly (c), Bauer, Sarr, Purrington, Bielik, Cullen, Lapslie, Reeves, Williams, Hackett-Fairchild.

Subs: Maxwell, Dijksteel, Pratley, Marshall, Fosu, Vetokele, Parker.
  • Lee Bowyer has made two changes to his starting XI for Saturday’s Sky Bet League One clash at Fleetwood Town.

Reeco Hackett-Fairchild – who impressed in a cameo role at Peterborough United last weekend – and George Lapslie have come into the side, replacing Darren Pratley, who is on the bench, and Karlan Grant, who left the club earlier this week.

The Addicks will don their yellow third kit at Highbury Stadium and they line up with Dillon Phillips in goal. He will be protected by a back four of captain Chris Solly, Naby Sarr, Patrick Bauer and Ben Purrington.

Lapslie comes into midfield alongside Krystian Bielik, Josh Cullen, Ben Reeves and Jonny Williams. Up front, Hackett-Fairchild will lead the line.

On the bench, there is a place for new signing Josh Parker, while Bowyer can also call upon Igor Vetokele, who returns to the squad following a shoulder injury.

Fans not at Saturday’s game can tune into live audio commentary on Valley Pass.
  • edited February 2019
  • Ewww that's not a pretty looking first XI
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Looks like 4-2-3-1 with Reeeco lone striker?

Lapslie in midfield for energy.

Pratley benched, with Parker
  • edited February 2019
    Can't see that starting 11 scoring many goals, though there are some decent options on the bench
  • Can't see that starting 11 scoring many goals, though are some decent options on the bench

We’ve kept three clean sheets in a row. Maybe just the one will be enough.
  • Got a draw written all over it
  • That is my fear. But maybe the idea is to get a solid start and bring goals on if needed.
  • masicat said:

Greetings from Antigua. COYR

Wrong place, wrong time if you're looking for Josh Parker.

• That’s a mid table 11 at best. Not a good feeling today.
  • I'm thinking this is Reeeeeco's first League start.

True or false?

• Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Don't think Reeco is a lone striker nor that there is enough width in that midfield.

Our midfield have underperformed in terms of goals.

Now with no Grant or Taylor they badly need to step up.

Who is our penalty taker? Igor has taken them but on bench. Lapslie?
  • If that line up is 4-2-3-1 ..... with the options on the bench, looks like we revert to diamond early 2nd half?
  • Massive gamble playing RHF up top on his own . Good to see Lapslie back .
  • Looks 433 with Williams and Reeves supporting Reeco.

Would have preferred Fosu up there and Reeves in a bit more of a withdrawn role.
  • Oggy Red said:

I'm thinking this is Reeeeeco's first League start.

True or false?

true, made 3 starts in cup competoitions
  • Got a draw written all over it

0-0
  • Ridiculous that neither Fosu or Parker are starting.
  • Don't think Reeco is a lone striker nor that there is enough width in that midfield.

Our midfield have underperformed in terms of goals.

Now with no Grant or Taylor they badly need to step up.

Who is our penalty taker? Igor has taken them but on bench. Lapslie?

Reeves would be my guess.
  • Playing for a draw.
  • Typical Spring day here in SW France (apart from being a cool 5 degrees). Hoping for a win but, like others, not sure where the other goal scorers are on the pitch. Going for 0-1 to us after a turgid first half followed by an improved second half performance.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!