Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portsmouth game on tv

Saturday 9th March 5.30kick off live on sky

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Your fecking kidding me!!

Thank god thats been announced early as me and a mate are considering making a day of it
  • Bloody hell, that's a shock. Bound to be bloody working...
  • actually looking forward to it, love a game under the lights and can have a few pre match beers, just hope it doesn't affect crowd as will need to have a few their for a big game
  • Bugger! We usually play poorly on Sky!
  • Why is it a home game haha
  • Who’s buying the stress balls?
  • edited February 2019
    has been announced anywhere?

Just seen it on twitter from EFL.

WE play poor whatever TV channel is showing us!!

• Sponsored links:

Sort of know where your coming from but off the top of my head - play off final, hudders away in championship champions season, 4-2 at Arse, Dennis in the last minute, Lisbie v Liverpool

Sort of know where your coming from but off the top of my head - play off final, hudders away in championship champions season, 4-2 at Arse, Dennis in the last minute, Lisbie v Liverpool
    How could you forget the Boxing Day Bashing of Chelsea or the protest game against Boro?

Surely our wins on the box must stand out like beacons, we've had so few of them over the years. I remember during the '90s when regional ITV shew matches on a Sunday Brian Moore used to joke that the last time Charlton won on the TV was in 1947 at Wembley!

That's four times in 20 years.
    Prob Brum away from memory as well, deano had a blinder.
  • Yay I get to sleep in!
  • Well that's 3 points we won't be winning
  • edited February 2019
    We've actually won about 40 games (out of about 150) on live TV - I did the stats in 2015, but haven't updated them since.
  • Lost our last 4 televised games (Rochdale away, both play-off games & Sunderland 1st game of this season). Due a good result
  • CatAddick said:

Lost our last 4 televised games (Rochdale away, both play-off games & Sunderland 1st game of this season). Due a good result

We're also due a good owner.

It's a race to see which we get first.
  • Sponsored links:

• We've actually won about 40 games (out of about 150) on live TV - I did the stats in 2015, but haven't updated them since.

I can't believe that a) we've been on TV that many times, and b) we've won that many!
  • On sky TV, at the Valley, and a huge away following, perfect recipe for a Charlton loss.
  • Lucky I am off that day....
  • Looking at the CAFC twitter of Taylor made me think.....its give him just about enough time to get back into the team, get booked twice & miss this one.
  • Looking at the CAFC twitter of Taylor made me think.....its give him just about enough time to get back into the team, get booked twice & miss this one.

Ffs.

How could you forget the Boxing Day Bashing of Chelsea or the protest game against Boro?

Surely our wins on the box must stand out like beacons, we've had so few of them over the years. I remember during the '90s when regional ITV shew matches on a Sunday Brian Moore used to joke that the last time Charlton won on the TV was in 1947 at Wembley!
    I vividly remember breaking our duck with a deflected Garry Nelson effort away at West Brom sending me into delirium on the living room floor as my Mum was serving up the Sunday roast for a family lunch
  • Well if selling Grant didn't screw our automatic promotion hopes, that certainly has.

I vividly remember breaking our duck with a deflected Garry Nelson effort away at West Brom sending me into delirium on the living room floor as my Mum was serving up the Sunday roast for a family lunch
    Back to the Valley, was highlights - marvellous
  • Oh well, that's fucked it then...
  • By all accounts the game starts at 657