Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jeremy Hardy RIP

Comments

• Very. Always liked him.
  • RIP. Only 57.
  • Didn't agree with his politics and a principal reason why I switched off from much of Radio 4's 6.30 pm "comedy" slot. Nevertheless, very sad that anyone should die at that age and from that disease. RIP
  • What a great bloke he was, saw him live at the comedy store once. Brilliant comic and a genuine thorn in the side of the right. RIP Jeremy.
  • Very, very funny man.

Terribly sad news.

Amazing to think he was so young, he seemed as if he had been on the radio forever.

RIP.
  • Saw him at the East Dulwich Tavern a couple of times before he started his radio work.

RIP
  • A very funny man, and I'm sure it helped that I did agree mainly with his politics. Often hilarious on The News Quiz and will be sadly missed.

RIP Jeremy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shock that. RIP
  • Very sad - saw him many times. Always seemed a decent guy.

RIP
  • I saw him at the Donmar Warehouse once, in the eighties. Very, very funny. But one person in the audience heckled him. Hardy put him down, in a very funny way. But the idiot carried on. So Hardy put him down again. Finally, the drunk fool had one more go at heckling. Hardy stopped his act, looked at him and shouted, at the top of his voice: "JUST FUCK OFF!"

He then turned his attention back to the audience, apologised and said "I have ALWAYS wanted to do that".

Very, very funny man.

RIP.
  • Hadn't realised he was ill. Very sad - liked him, and found him very funny.
  • Very sad to hear this. Loved him on the news quiz and his stand up, RIP.
  • Oh this is very sad. I'm a huge fan of his radio work in particular. 57 no age at all. RIP
  • Very sad news.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    What a shock. I always liked Jeremy Hardy, although he disappeared from TV about 20 odd years ago (mine at any rate).
    Also I've never seen his gigs advertised. RIP.
  • Very sad. RIP
  • yes very sad, RIP.
  • Capable of being very funny at times.

RIP
  • Life is so precious. Younger than me. Very funny man .. RIP
  • This is very sad news. Saw him live twice, once as a stand up and once as part of the I’m Sorry I Haven’t a Clue live show. He was hilarious on both occasions.

Was always one of my favourite guests on the News Quiz and Clue and I wondered why he hadn’t been on recent series.

A sad loss.