Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

C. Powell and K. Grant. Anyone else?

There are two C Powells and two K Grants that have played for Charlton in recent years.

Are there any other players sharing names in this way?

Comments

• The ultimate card game. Addicks snap.
  • Back a bit but J Oakes.
  • edited January 2019
    Keith Jones (of course) and Ken Jones, who apparently played 25 times for us between 1964 and 1966.
  • Paul Walsh and Mark Penfield.

They both have a name beginning with P.

I can't think of any others at the moment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Keith Peacock and his son KeGavin.
  • I genuinely thought he was called Kevin for a second until I googled it. I’m relieved that I did so.
  • Not same first name but same surname

Anil Koc
    Roland Duchâtelet

I've just burst out laughing in a queue at the chippy, brilliant!
  • edited January 2019
    A Brown + A Brown

Albert sailor Brown + Airman scoop Brown.

Both have given wonderful service to cafc whether we have been flying high or all at sea.
  • AshBurton said:

S Brown.

Cheating a bit maybe as Sailor wasn’t his real name.

Steve Brown and Steve Browne

• The Kimble twins ..... Alan and Arry, if you don't write the G for Gary. :smile:

• Nothing will ever match the John Collins / Collins John jackpot that Fulham pulled off that time.
  • Paul Walsh and Mark Penfield.

They both have a name beginning with P.

I can't think of any others at the moment.

....but at least Paul Walsh was spelt correctly :smile:

Mark Penfold used to play for us
  • PaddyP17 said:

Keith Jones (of course) and Ken Jones, who apparently played 25 times for us between 1964 and 1966.

Ken Jones was a goalie wasn't he? Seem to recall him in goal around the time Mike Rose was also the goalkeeper.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
  • PaddyP17 said:

Ken Jones was a goalie wasn't he? Seem to recall him in goal around the time Mike Rose was also the goalkeeper.
    Ken was yes, possibly just before Mike as I remember seeing M play but not sure about K so maybe M replaced K who possibly was playing for the reserves ?
  • PaddyP17 said:

Ken was yes, possibly just before Mike as I remember seeing M play but not sure about K so maybe M replaced K who possibly was playing for the reserves ?
    Just looked in the Charlton handbook and Mike Rose played 84 times between 1963/64 -1966/67 and Ken Jones 27 times from 1964/65 - 1965/66 and then Charlie Wright played 209 times between 1965/66- 1970/71. So looks like Jones was principally a no. 2 to Rose and then Rose ended up as No.2 to Wright.
  • edited January 2019
  • mills and boon
  • Mike and Marc Salmon. Indeed we had both at the same time!
  • We've had 8 Smith's.

What is this, the Matrix
  • edited January 2019
    This thread is the ultimate CL antidote to Roland
  • J Ryan

John 'Buck' Ryan of 7-6 fame and

Jim a big battering ram, although a prolific goalscorer too in his short Charlton career, centre forward c 1963.