Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

10.36 Euston - Fleetwood (Blackpool North)

Where we supping ?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    On the train old son. You're not getting to Fleetwood till about 14.00......if you are very lucky.
  • Options
    Think we arrive at 13.20, 20 minute cab ? Should be allright to top up on sherbets partaken on train ?
  • Options
    The bar/club at Fleetwood's ground is excellent and would be your best bet.
  • Options
    Cheers CE, I have also heard that, will probably head there - must be big to cope with home and away fans.
  • Options

Cheers CE, I have also heard that, will probably head there - must be big to cope with home and away fans.

Yes it is good, done happy hours last year as well, before and after game.
  • Options

It is if your not on the coach arriving at 2.20
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I reckon it holds a mininum of 200 and does food as well.

There is Jim's Sports Bar at the ground, which normally admits away fans. The facilities in this bar are excellent, but get there early as it is bound to be very popular on matchdays. It is located at the back of the Memorial Stand and can be accessed from the park pathway that runs along that side of the ground. It is open from 12 noon on Saturdays and 5pm on matchday evenings and shows BT and Sky Sports on a large number of televisions. The Highbury Club which is located adjacent to the away turnstiles does not allow in visiting supporters.

Martin Crimp a visiting Southport fan informs me; 'We were directed to the Queens Hotel, on Poulton Road, about a 15 minute walk away. It has Sky Sports on multi screens along with a decent pint of Thwaites. Go up Highbury Avenue then left at the St Nicholas church into Poulton Road. The Queens is about 300 yards along this road on the left.'

Otherwise, it is probably best to take the 10-15 minute stroll into Fleetwood itself (on leaving the stadium entrance go up to the main road and turn left) where there are plenty of pubs to be found. My choice would be the Wetherspoon outlet the Thomas Drummond on London Street (off Lord Street). About the same distance away is the Strawberry Gardens pub on Poulton Road. This is owned by the local Fuzzy Duck brewery and features beers from that brewery as well as guest ales. It also provides food the catering for which is provided by Syd Little (of Little & Large fame) and his wife. On the seafront itself is the Mount Hotel, that benefits from showing live televised sports. These three pubs; the Thomas Drummond, the Mount Hotel and the Strawberry Gardens are all listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.

https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/highbury-stadium-fleetwood-town.html#apubs-for-away-fans
  • Options
    https://www.strawberrygardensfleetwood.co.uk/

A nice pub, "the official away pub" according to its website. Syd Little isn't there though, he's moved to the Steamer, which is near the end of the tram line. I ate there after we played Fleetwood 2 season ago, and got a selfie with Syd!
  • Options
    clb74 said:

It is if your not on the coach arriving at 2.20
    I blame Pico.