Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mirror are reporting Ian Harte to sign

edited November 2008 in Rumours
That as well as signing Waghorn we have also signed Harte on a two month deal

Comments

• beat me to it
  • Bit strange to sign a free agent on a two month deal isn't it?
  • yeah a bit strange
  • Not if the board do not want to tie up too much money at the moment and would rather have him on an extended trial. Also to all those who doubt his worth our mate Michael Gray has had a good couple of seasons at wolves
  • kind of makes sense, deal expires while transfer window is still active.
  • and the new manager might not rate harte as much as that shrewd judge pardew;-)
  • anyone seen him play in the reserves.OK they let in 4 goals but it's a team game. How did he do personally?

only 31/32 I believe but not very tall if I remember rightly. Weren't we meant to be after some height?
  • sounds like he'll slot into our defence fine ;-)
  • its like going back to the days of Brendon O'Connell !!
  • Sponsored links:

• or Mark Bowen
  • Darren Powell might sign as well :-O

Pardew is doing his best to get himself a pay off it seems.
  • F****** cosmic top signing
  • do you know what you are becoming a right miserable old sod of late,christ knows what you would be like if you ever went to a game ;-)
  • Be interesting to see what kind of shape he's in, and I doubt he's become complete pony in the last two years
  • edited November 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]do you know what you are becoming a right miserable old sod of late,christ knows what you would be like if you ever went to a game ;-)

pot and kettle :-)

still not rising to it - - -
  • edited November 2008
    Are half year season tickets still on sale?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Harte

At least we snapped him from under the noses of Bury.
  • I can see Moo2 and Harte down the wings with Fortune, Primus and Hudson at the back. Good times are on the way!
  • If Moo2 weren't there we'd have the slowest back 4 in our history.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]or Mark Bowen

Mark Bowen was a good signing or is that your point?
  • Not another has-been please.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]or Mark Bowen

Mark Bowen was a good signing or is that your point?

That was my point.

I'm not saying trust in Pardew as his signing record is hardly better than a C+ but just cos the guy in getting on and has been playing abroad doesn't mean he's a has been.

Bowen had been playing in Japan but had the nous to do the right things at the right time helping along a lot of younger players.

Then again Harte could be another Robbie Mustoe. : - )
  • He was any awful player in his prime. People thought he was handy because he scored some nice goals for MoTD. Find me a Leeds or Ireland fan that thinks he's anything other than pony and i'll be surprised, i've never spoken to one. Now freed by Levant and unwanted and unused by Sunderland. In Cranie we have our obligatory awful short term full back signing, so can't see much beenfit, although TBF he must still know how to ding a dead ball. Good to know we have money to burn.though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]He was any awful player in his prime. People thought he was handy because he scored some nice goals for MoTD. Find me a Leeds or Ireland fan that thinks he's anything other than pony and i'll be surprised, i've never spoken to one. Now freed by Levant and unwanted and unused by Sunderland. In Cranie we have our obligatory awful short term full back signing, so can't see much beenfit, although TBF he must still know how to ding a dead ball. Good to know we have money to burn.though.

Morning Mortamerican, Glad to see the sun has got his hat on your part of the world ; - )
  • i'm lying on the beach getting a nice healthy tan as it goes, skip:-) I just don't see any point being mindlessly optimistic about utter shite. In the same way as i fundamentally diagree with people who are negative about our players or manager. The opinion might be very black or white but it's based on a logic. I love it when we sign players too. Interesting you mentioned Bowen because he was the last one that we brought in that i said would be poor that proved me wrong. He had been in the J league and was i thought past it. But the difference was that he had been a good player. Anyway, i really hope you're right and i'm wrong. Whatever he represents us now so i'll cheer his on field efforts.
  • Just spoke to a Leeds season ticket holder, and he's got loads of good things to say about Ian Harte, so there is one
  • i just spoke to one at work and he was the same so that's 2.

At least he has pedigree and experience.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]i'm lying on the beach getting a nice healthy tan as it goes, skip:-) I just don't see any point being mindlessly optimistic about utter shite. In the same way as i fundamentally diagree with people who are negative about our players or manager. The opinion might be very black or white but it's based on a logic. I love it when we sign players too. Interesting you mentioned Bowen because he was the last one that we brought in that i said would be poor that proved me wrong. He had been in the J league and was i thought past it. But the difference was that he had been a good player. Anyway, i really hope you're right and i'm wrong. Whatever he represents us now so i'll cheer his on field efforts.

No, not based on logic. Your statement is clearly based on your opinion which is perfectly legitimate but that is not logic. You assume, with out any supporting evidence, the opinion of two groups of people ie all Irish fans and all leeds fans but then use this non-evidence to support you opinion. Therefore your statement is actually not logical as it is based on a false premise.
  • Does it matter ?

Players like Harte will always attract opposing views. Slow and past it, or experienced and cultured.

None of it matters a jot. The proof will be in the pudding as they say, and its on these decisions the manager will be judged whether he was right to bring him in.