Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Drummer(s)

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
I don’t know who you are, you travel home and away, fair play to you.

Comments

• DrummerS.
    Yep, well done fellas.
  • Bloke and his son used to drink in The Bull I think, can't remember their names. Mark????
  • Did a fantastic job yesterday.
  • Bloke and his son used to drink in The Bull I think, can't remember their names. Mark????

Yeah it was but that's going back a bit and he must be getting on a bit age wise now.
  • My brother says we were a couple of rows in front of the drummer at the play-off final and the noise really, really annoyed him. I was so pumped on adrenaline and focused on the pitch, I don't remember the drum at all.

He retired years ago, he's my boys Father in law. ;)
  • Unpopular opinion:

I don’t like the drum. I think it’s muggy and embarrassing.

Sorry, no offence, just my opinion.

Muggy?
  • Why is it embarrassing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Keep up the drumming. You are doing a great job.
  • Actually really enjoyed seeing the tweets of all our fans singing at Kings Cross yesterday. Loud, giving it some welly but never looked like it was spilling into the scummy scenes you got at Millwall y’day. Would’ve loved to have been in amongst it
  • I remember a match where there was no drummer for the first 10 minutes, but when he started the atmosphere ramped up 100%
  • I can bring a full kit and lay down some funky grooves.
  • Snare drums?
  • cabbles said:

Actually really enjoyed seeing the tweets of all our fans singing at Kings Cross yesterday. Loud, giving it some welly but never looked like it was spilling into the scummy scenes you got at Millwall y’day. Would’ve loved to have been in amongst it

Very nice acoustics in the main station
  • Did they ever have any problem being allowed to take them in to away stadiums? I just assumed (because there always seem to be a list of do's and dont's) you might need some advance permission
  • Did they ever have any problem being allowed to take them in to away stadiums? I just assumed (because there always seem to be a list of do's and dont's) you might need some advance permission

Advance permission I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unpopular opinion:

Thanks for your opinion.

No problem at all, but honestly you don’t need to thank me. It’s an internet forum, it’s about giving opinions.
  • PopIcon said:

Unpopular opinion:

Muggy?

It’s the sort of things Palace do to drum up (pun intended) the atmosphere. Maybe muggy is a bit harsh, but I prefer all out singing from the fans.

I think QPR away years ago they had a problem getting in, stewards were jobs-worths iirc.
  • If we were the type of fan base who could create an atmosphere without a drum and could sing songs, rather than generic chants, I’d agree that I would not want them.

But we’re not and hence we do need them to help things along most of the time.
  • QPR had a drummer in the 70s
    Anyone remember that day
    Anyone remember that day

I believe there was a slight accident with the drum :-)
    Anyone remember that day

Happy days
  • Indeed mate :-)
    Anyone remember that day

Planted firmly over his head if I remember rightly.
    Anyone remember that day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SVPp2ZPwZU