Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

loving charlton

Is this the most youve enjoyed everything about a charlton squad in a long time?

Comments

• Is this the most youve enjoyed everything about a charlton squad in a long time?

Always loved the Charlton squad since I was a boy that's why I support em! It's like family, you always love em but don't always like what they do!

Right now I'm loving and liking what the team and bows is doing and their potential more than for at least the last four years.
  • Most I’ve enjoyed being a Charlton fan since 11/12 promotion season. Similar feeling aswell with the brilliant strike partnership and evident determination and passion within the players
  • Supporting Charlton at the moment is like having a child being picked on and not being able to do anything about it!
  • Supporting Charlton at the moment is like having an ugly girlfriend!
  • Supporting Charlton at the moment is like being in the 3rd round of the pre-premiership FA Cup every week
  • Someone will be along with a “it’s like buying a house” analogy in a second
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Someone will be along with a “it’s like buying a house” analogy in a second

It's more like buying a tent, only to find it's got a hole in it and 2 of the poles are missing.
  • se9addick said:

Peterborough two up three down second half :wink: .
  • Alburyaddick,spot on,could not agree more,close to 3000 going today(sadly not me)if we can keep Grant,this team will continue to improve,owner is irrelevant,we dont pay to watch him play,people staying away are missing out .
  • se9addick said:

It's more like buying a tent, only to find it's got a hole in it and 2 of the poles are missing.
    Polish Pete disappeared again🙂
  • edited January 2019
    I think it’s wonderful how clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have progressed given that ownership is irrelevant.
  • I don’t know what napm means but mate you should start going again - the football is great
    The atmosphere is improving every week , the players care again - the owner couldn’t care less whether you go or not so the only person you are making miserable is yourself
    It’s a community and the owner is irrelevant

Is he?
  • Supporting Charlton is like making love to a beautiful woman.......
  • Forget all the other nonsense. It’s match day, and if we win again this afternoon with a big following then everything will be top of the world and we will all be buzzing.

Lose with a big following and typical Charlton will be typically shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Mametz said:

I think it’s wonderful how clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have progressed given that owbership is irrelevant.

Andy, a question for you (and other boycotters),....
    Do you watch Charlton home games via IFollow? After all, you would be giving zero of your money to RD and also 'supporting' the team (albeit from a distance) .
  • Having not been all season, having not seen half the players play, I feel totally disconnected to the team. I’d love it to be otherwise but #napm

I don't know why this has been lol'd.

#napm
  • Supporting Charlton is like watching the premiership stars of the future...
  • Mametz said:

I think it’s wonderful how clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have progressed given that owbership is irrelevant.

Do you watch Charlton home games via IFollow? After all, you would be giving zero of your money to RD and also 'supporting' the team (albeit from a distance) .
    Not a boycotter, but a lapsed supporter.
    Yes, I watch all the games on Ifollow or with our friend who supplies iCharltonlife. and have done since my trip to Belgium.
  • edited January 2019

Mametz said:

I don’t but that has more to do with other things that I am doing since we moved. Anything that doesn’t give any money to RD is fine with me. There are a couple of away games coming up that are within range that I am going to.

• OK< OK the owner isn't irrelevant in the sense that its impossible to progress without his or her substantial financial support - but certainly in my case, its irrelevant as to whether I go and watch my team play
  • OK< OK the owner isn't irrelevant in the sense that its impossible to progress without his or her substantial financial support - but certainly in my case, its irrelevant as to whether I go and watch my team play

Without his 'support' we would progress.

We'll have new owners.

Mine neither. I go despite the owner.

But allow others to make their own decisions

Mine neither. I go despite the owner.

But allow others to make their own decisions

Your largesse is overwhelming.

OK, I pretty much thought that was the case first time round and I am genuinely pleased you’re enjoying how things are going. However, if you read your original post it seems that your enjoyment is linked to how the team is performing. My general point is that under RD and the consequential running down of contracts, for instance Grant, together with the over reliance of loan players mean that is difficult to see how long term advancement can be achieved. Bowyer has clearly done remarkably well with what he has been given but even he won’t be able to push on unless Roland backs him sufficiently.