Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington number 15 Sykes

Comments

• Good news about Finley, trots in slyly looks over making sure the linesman isn't watching, forgets the cameras and rakes his studs over a players head who is on the ground, No pre-meditation there then?, At least a years ban suitable for thuggery like this.
  • 6 games I reckon.
  • Common sense would suggest that would be the case though.

If Taylor and Finley both got banned for the same length of time then that would be a disgrace.
  • Good news about Finley, trots in slyly looks over making sure the linesman isn't watching, forgets the cameras and rakes his studs over a players head who is on the ground, No pre-meditation there then?, At least a years ban suitable for thuggery like this.

Not to mentiong his charging at the lino... etc and grabbing hold of his bollocks and swearing at lino in front of the East Stand
  • Sykes and Finlay both did exactly the same thing - stamped on a player on the ground. They should both get the same punishment, utterly bewildering if not. Good the goalie has got off, he did little wrong.

The players that ran at the link should have been booked at the time, they are off scott free which is a real shame.

The coach who whinged on air should also be done for his comments about the ref frankly. Coaches want refs to talk to them and always moan refs never explain their decisions but when a ref does talk to them, this twerp likes to run to the press like a school kid to tell tales.
  • I'm not bothered about Finlay. Taylor is our concern.
  • It is clear the officials were unclear of anything that happened.
  • Taylor lost appeal. Ridiculous.
  • Redrobo said:

Taylor lost appeal. Ridiculous.

Not really. He waved a leg. Didn’t hurt anyone and didn’t connect properly. But he waved a leg.

Stupid. Beckham springs to mind.

Seriously, I know we all defend our own to the hilt - and quite right too - but when you see three or four geezers go off on one independently of each other do you not think they may, just may, have a slight reason?

Not a massive reason, and they may know what they’re doing, but surely that’s more fool us?
  • edited January 2019
    What they did was what all footballers do. They see him raise a leg and they decide their keeper needs protecting with the hope that the ref notices it and takes action. Their assistant was calling the leg lifting an assault FFS!.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:

Redrobo said:

Not really. He waved a leg. Didn’t hurt anyone and didn’t connect properly. But he waved a leg.

Seriously, I know we all defend our own to the hilt - and quite right too - but when you see three or four geezers go off on one independently of each other do you not think they may, just may, have a slight reason?

Not a massive reason, and they may know what they’re doing, but surely that’s more fool us?
    I raised the same thing yesterday. I also couldn't understand why TWO players wanted to have a go at Taylor.

• addick05 said:

Off_it said:

Redrobo said:

I raised the same thing yesterday. I also couldn't understand why TWO players wanted to have a go at Taylor.

Did he raise a leg or was that part of the continuous movement of him attempting to roll over to get back to his feet?
  • addick05 said:

Off_it said:

Redrobo said:

Did he raise a leg or was that part of the continuous movement of him attempting to roll over to get back to his feet?
    Possibly, but that doesn't get away from the fact that Sykes steamed in and kicked Taylor while he was on the ground - and it appears he's got away with it!

I see that Finley had until 18:00 on 23 January 2019 to respond to the charge.

Now that deadline has passed, the FA should be making a decision soon.

• Oggy Red said:

Good news about Finley, trots in slyly looks over making sure the linesman isn't watching, forgets the cameras and rakes his studs over a players head who is on the ground, No pre-meditation there then?, At least a years ban suitable for thuggery like this.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/accrington_stanley/news/17382260.stanleys-sam-finley-accepts-fa-charge-but-reds-boss-says-midfielder-did-not-catch-charlton-striker/
  • cfgs said:

Oggy Red said:

Good news about Finley, trots in slyly looks over making sure the linesman isn't watching, forgets the cameras and rakes his studs over a players head who is on the ground, No pre-meditation there then?, At least a years ban suitable for thuggery like this.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/accrington_stanley/news/17382260.stanleys-sam-finley-accepts-fa-charge-but-reds-boss-says-midfielder-did-not-catch-charlton-striker/
    "If you are going to do it then it should be independent and every aspect of the game should be looked at because lots went on in that game that could have been punished."

Like what?
  • addick05 said:

addick05 said:

Off_it said:

Redrobo said:

Possibly, but that doesn't get away from the fact that Sykes steamed in and kicked Taylor while he was on the ground - and it appears he's got away with it!

It's unbelievable. There's a video on twitter counting the kicks. I just can't believe they've reviewed that footage and let him off. Surely they must have missed it. Either way it makes he EFL look amateurish.
  • Sponsored links:

• He has been banned for 5 games!

Finley or Sykes?
  • Stanley now charged with failing to control their players.
  • Crusty54 said:

Stanley now charged with failing to control their players.

Beatles to split up!

• LenGlover said:

He has been banned for 5 games!

Finley or Sykes?
    Finley. 5 games for stamping on someone's head. That is absolutely shocking.
  • Chunes said:

LenGlover said:

He has been banned for 5 games!

Finley or Sykes?
    Finley. 5 games for stamping on someone's head. That is absolutely shocking.
    Only 2 more games than Taylor?? And his was intent..
  • Disappointed with that ban... Should have at least been six games!!
  • Unbeilavable I am sure other players that have done it have got longer bans.... FA are a joke... If Taylor had done it would have been a 10 game ban.... not to mention all the staff he done like shouting and swearing at lino and Charlton fans/kids in the East Stand... Hope that team get relegated..
  • Its also an absolute joke that Sykes has got away with what he did. The league panel are as incompetent as the referee was on Saturday. Pathetic.
  • Completely deserved ban.

However, if you compare Taylor's actions to Finley's then the fact there is only a two game difference is a bit of a pisstake.