Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP Kev

A work colleague died in a RTA on the M1 southbound this morning on his way home from an early morning job. His van was involved with a lorry and it seems he died instantly. His son who also works for us escaped with injuries and was lucky was not to have been worse. A really shit day.

Comments

• RIP

Life is so precious.
  • Awful thing to happen , RIP Kev
  • Heart goes put to his family. friends and work colleagues.
  • Oh dear RIP.
  • Sorry to read this Guinness - RIP to your colleague
  • Sponsored links:

• sorry to read this. RIP Kev.
  • Christ. Sorry to hear that G. Dreadful news. My condolences to Kev’s Family and all of you at work.
  • edited January 2019
    RIP Kev
  • Awful. So sorry. RIP.
  • Sad news. RIP Kev
  • Very sad in deed RIP and I wish his family all the strength to get through it

We had an incident where I thought one of my guys was involved in a serious RTA and it really affected me so my thoughts are also with his employer and burden of guilt they will now feel
  • Very sad. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

Very sad in deed RIP and I wish his family all the strength to get through it

We had an incident where I thought one of my guys was involved in a serious RTA and it really affected me so my thoughts are also with his employer and burden of guilt they will now feel

The lads who were involved in the accident, didn’t live far from the scene, another lad in another van lives in Sittingbourne. He pulled into the service a couple of miles up the road and they followed him in for a coffee. Rather than him sitting on his own, when leaving the services they went out before him. He took a call a minute later from the son saying his dad was dead. So he got to the scene driving through the road works to get the son out of the van, before the emergency services got there. Spoke with him yesterday afternoon, he feels guilty for going in for a coffee saying they would have been at home if it wasn’t for him. Very, very sad and heartbreaking watching him talking about it.

On top that we have a lady who’s gone into a hospice with cancer, her son works for me, so it’s a bundle of joy at the moment.

• R.I.P. Very sad news.
  • Sincere condolences to family friends and work colleagues.
    R.I.P.

The lads who were involved in the accident, didn’t live far from the scene, another lad in another van lives in Sittingbourne. He pulled into the service a couple of miles up the road and they followed him in for a coffee. Rather than him sitting on his own, when leaving the services they went out before him. He took a call a minute later from the son saying his dad was dead. So he got to the scene driving through the road works to get the son out of the van, before the emergency services got there. Spoke with him yesterday afternoon, he feels guilty for going in for a coffee saying they would have been at home if it wasn’t for him. Very, very sad and heartbreaking watching him talking about it.

On top that we have a lady who’s gone into a hospice with cancer, her son works for me, so it’s a bundle of joy at the moment.

Such a sad story but a reflection of the camaraderie between the lads , we all do it daily change plans for a few mins you just don’t contemplate the sliding doors scenario gutted for you can not be a good place to be right now
  • Sorry to hear this :(

The fickle finger of fate.