Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lyle Taylor ban stands, Finley charged, their GK's ban is dropped

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
Deserves its own thread.

Sam Finley charged and "It is alleged the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient." From AS OS.

Maxted has his ban dropped. AS OS.

Lyle Taylor's ban stands at three games. CAFC OS.

Nothing mentioned about Sykes or anyone else kicking down at Taylor.

Comments

• It will be will interesting to see the club’s goalmouth footage when posted.
  • edited January 2019
    Was Finley the one shouting at the lino? Or the one who stamped on Taylor?
  • JaShea99 said:

Was Finley the one shouting at the lino? Or the one who stamped on Taylor?

Finley was the head stamper.

• issue with finley if someone done that outside a pub on a saturday night on the street - you would be looking at attempted murder, imo a 12 match ban would suffice. and a significant fine should be implemented from stanley
  • accrington stanleys players as a whole were a fucking disgrace - don't care how nice the owner is, the players on the pitch do the talking for the team.
  • issue with finley if someone done that outside a pub on a saturday night on the street - you would be looking at attempted murder, imo a 12 match ban would suffice. and a significant fine should be implemented from stanley

Looking at attempted murder? Not condoning what Finley did, and hope he gets a retrospective ban, but if that was attempted murder then every rugby player would be locked up.
  • JaShea99 said:

So no retribution for the one who screamed and swore at the lino for about 5 minutes then. You can do that all you like. What a great message to send to children.

Yeah sounds about right... they'll probably use him in the next respect the referee campaign
  • Sponsored links:

• accrington stanleys players as a whole were a fucking disgrace - don't care how nice the owner is, the players on the pitch do the talking for the team.

I really don't know how more of their players haven't been charged, or at least how Stanley haven't been charged with failing to control their players.
  • edited January 2019

issue with finley if someone done that outside a pub on a saturday night on the street - you would be looking at attempted murder, imo a 12 match ban would suffice. and a significant fine should be implemented from stanley

Looking at attempted murder? Not condoning what Finley did, and hope he gets a retrospective ban, but if that was attempted murder then every rugby player would be locked up.
    few things

1.) this isn't rugby
    2.) stamping on someones head - would be given abh/gbh minimum imo
    3.) there was absolutely no need for it to come charging over like alexander the great - prick
  • Chunes said:

accrington stanleys players as a whole were a fucking disgrace - don't care how nice the owner is, the players on the pitch do the talking for the team.

I really don't know how more of their players haven't been charged, or at least how Stanley haven't been charged with failing to control their players.
    This

few things

1.) this isn't rugby
    3.) there was absolutely no need for it to come charging over like alexander the great - prick
    1. Double standard then as "it's a man's game" when rugger types do it

2. No way is it GBH or ABH. Assult at best https://www.iydl.co.uk/legal-blog/offence-against-person-common-assault-assault-pc-abh-and-gbh

3. Agree, no need for it and quite rightly he's been charged.

Question of consent surely? If you step onto a rugby pitch or a UFC octagon you could be said to be consenting to the possibility of an opponent stamping on your head whereas stamping on someone’s head isn’t a common part of football nor is it accepted under the rules.

Stepping onto a football pitch doesn’t and shouldn’t allow an opponent to do anything they like to you.
  • There were a group of Stanley players intimidating the lino - not really clear why this was allowed to go on? If Solly hadn't been there I'm not clear how far they would have gone.

Why they all stayed on the pitch is beyond me?
  • As I already posted, let’s not forget Finley was shaping up to stick his foot in for a second go but was unable to position himself in the melee.
    He had his foot raised and was moving himself around to have another dig......little arsehole!
    Love to meet up with him and pin his ears back!
  • There were a group of Stanley players intimidating the lino - not really clear why this was allowed to go on? If Solly hadn't been there I'm not clear how far they would have gone.

I think there was the undoubted potential for it to lead to a homicide.

At the very least it would have been a violent attack on the linesman.

Thank god for Solly.
    Deserves a knighthood.

Think they'd been taking lessons off Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

Thank god for Solly.
    Deserves a knighthood.

Absolutely. Those roughian players from Bermondsey have a rich tradition of killing football officials.

Thank god for Solly.
    Deserves a knighthood.

Absolutely. Those roughian players from Bermondsey have a rich tradition of killing football officials.
    It's only the fear of super Solly that has kept officials alive. Bermondsey's finest wouldn't last five minutes against him.
  • edited January 2019
    se9addick said:

issue with finley if someone done that outside a pub on a saturday night on the street - you would be looking at attempted murder, imo a 12 match ban would suffice. and a significant fine should be implemented from stanley

Question of consent surely? If you step onto a rugby pitch or a UFC octagon you could be said to be consenting to the possibility of an opponent stamping on your head whereas stamping on someone’s head isn’t a common part of football nor is it accepted under the rules.

Stepping onto a football pitch doesn’t and shouldn’t allow an opponent to do anything they like to you.
    You miss my point. In rugby it is still an offence to purposely stamp on someone's head, but it happens all the time. Some players get away with it, some don't, either way it it's certainly not attempted murder.

few things

1.) this isn't rugby
    1.) So it's not attempted murder if you kick someone in the head on purpose in rugby, but it is attempted murder if you kick someone in the head on purpose in football?

2.) Henry has answered that.

3.) 100% agree.

few things

1.) this isn't rugby
    1. Double standard then as "it's a man's game" when rugger types do it

2. No way is it GBH or ABH. Assult at best https://www.iydl.co.uk/legal-blog/offence-against-person-common-assault-assault-pc-abh-and-gbh

3. Agree, no need for it and quite rightly he's been charged.
    Rubbish, if someone does that in a rugby match they get the same level of outrage as in football.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/shocking-stamp-head-horrified-guinness-15218474 as a recent example.
  • Who cares what happens to their players. We won. Let’s just worry about what we do without Lyle.
  • edited January 2019

Rugby is so far ahead of football in terms of 1) respect to the officials and 2) retrospective actions. Those 2 points are indisputable facts.

I think every Sport is ahead of Football in a lot of ways... Think the only thing that Football has on the others is that its fast flowing and probably a bit more exciting

In terms of any rules / video technology then for me its at the very bottom

The first thing that needs to be done to correct that is to put a bullet in the head of anyone who comes out with the line: "But its football" if there is a suggested change to the law to bring it more up to date - A lot of people seem to think that just because its fast flowing and exciting as a Sport (at times) then it should be left alone but all thats being done is its being left behind

few things

1.) this isn't rugby
    GBH means Grievous Bodily Harm i.e really serious bodily harm. Given Taylor was up and grinning within seconds and went off the pitch without any aid, I am struggling to understand why you believe he suffered GBH.

ABH means Actual Bodily Harm i.e. a lesser offence but includes things like broken teeth, broken nose etc. Given that Taylor was up and grinning within seconds and neither he or the club have mentioned any injury whatsoever, I am struggling to understand why you believe he suffered ABH.