Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Charlton 1-0 Accrington

thanks to the 65 Lifers who gave marks and for AFKA for putting the thread up, once he had calmed down :)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    That must be a record (at least joint) for shortest period of time to earn a man of the match award. Seen as scores aren’t collected for players who play less than 30 mins?
  • He definitely changed the game when he came on and it was his cross/shot that led to the penalty. Still a bit surprised he was voted MOM as he seems to get a lot of flak generally on here.
  • cafc-west said:

He definitely changed the game when he came on and it was his cross/shot that led to the penalty. Still a bit surprised he was voted MOM as he seems to get a lot of flak generally on here.

Thankfully most people judge the player on the game they watched, not previous games.
  • Funny how Ben "the cat" Purrington is in this league 1 team of the week and got such a low score here, funny old game

Check out @d3d4football’s Tweet:
  • Oggy Red said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Funny how Ben "the cat" Purrington is in this league 1 team of the week and got such a low score here, funny old game

Ben Purrington might have finished bottom of our team markings, but 6.43 is still a steady mark, almost 6.5.

He's quite possibly being marked low because his unspectacular style doesn't stand out to many fans.
    But the player has done his job effectively - Bowyer will be happy with him and another clean sheet.
    He's done exactly what Bowyer asked. He's done nothing wrong, but nothing spectacular. Just been a solid player. No problem with that
  • Reeves played well (and I quite likes Reeves as well), but it feels slightly unfair for him to get MoM on the basis of a 30 minute subs appearance against tired opposition!
  • interesting discussion, as I inputted the marks I could see that it was becoming a race between Reeves and Phillips and hoping that Phillips would win. If it had been a tie I would have given it to Phillips as he had been on the pitch longer
  • Reeves played well (and I quite likes Reeves as well), but it feels slightly unfair for him to get MoM on the basis of a 30 minute subs appearance against tired opposition!

He changed our game.

He gave us width, energy and guile, driving us forward.

It was even his shot that won the penalty.

• Sponsored links:

• That’s some accolade, MOM for a 30 min sub appearance.
    Well done BR.
  • Great stuff Lancs.
  • I think you have missed Fosu’s red card.
  • I think you have missed Fosu’s red card.

yes I might have, which game was it in?
  • Oggy Red said:

Reeves played well (and I quite likes Reeves as well), but it feels slightly unfair for him to get MoM on the basis of a 30 minute subs appearance against tired opposition!

He changed our game.

He gave us width, energy and guile, driving us forward.

It was even his shot that won the penalty.

Fair play - thought it was Solly

Brilliant from Reeves- he did change the game for sure
  • Bit of a bitter sweet one in the end. Bitter because of getting a key players sent off and then going on to have our hopes dashed with not getting the decision revered. But more sweeter because of the most important stat, Charlton 1 Accrington 0 thus scoring more goals and thus winning the game. And winning it in the manner we did in stoppage time anf just getting that bit of luck on our side.

Hate the lino for getting Lyle sent off but like him for giving us the pen and the victory.
  • Evans sacked!