Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
If Taylor really is out for three matches Bowyer might have to try the 4231 formation with the players available to him.
Can’t really see him dropping Reeves or Fosu for Reeco. Or could he stick to the formation and play Fosu or even Marshall up front with Grant?

Comments

• ...I’m going to pick my nose.
  • Solidgone said:

...I’m going to pick my nose.

What, to play up front?
  • If Taylor's suspension is upheld it actually gives Bowyer all week the chance to dip into the loan market and bring in a forward who's expected to play. If a forward is brought in and does well then Taylor would have to win his place back. If a forward comes in and doesn't set the world alight then Bowyer will be within his rights to bring Taylor back in.
  • Play Phil Chapple up there.......LB 's been learning from Curbs.

• ........ the problem is tough on Grant as the lone Ranger striker.

Ha, I see what you did there. :smile:
  • Shove Nabs up there, cause carnage!!!

Agree with @Callumcafc however would have Fosu and JW floating in space behind KG, between their defence and midfield. Their CBs wont feel comfortable following T, thus enforcing their CMs to sit deeper to close space, which then gives likes of Bielik/Cullen more time on the ball
  • Sponsored links:

• The biggest thing Taylor brings is hold-up play - touch, turn and pace. None of our other players can quite replicate this. Not even Naby. So we either have to play like early-10's Barcelona with no hold-up play required, or...sign someone?

I mean, it's this or Darren Pratley, Striker. And really, who wants that
  • Phillips

Solly Bauer Sarr Purrington

Bielik

Reeves Cullen

Williams Fosu

Grant

Still a good side but we will miss Lyle enormously
  • I see what you are saying but I think that combative, aggressive side to him is what makes him effective - yes he gets wound up but does plenty of winding up himself. Take that away from him and I think he'd lose some of what makes him so good. A spell on the sidelines is the price he (and we) pay for that.
  • Buy an off the peg suit?
  • thenewbie said:

I see what you are saying but I think that combative, aggressive side to him is what makes him effective - yes he gets wound up but does plenty of winding up himself. Take that away from him and I think he'd lose some of what makes him so good. A spell on the sidelines is the price he (and we) pay for that.

I realise that too.....but it’s a real problem that needs addressing in some way....Jacko must have a word at the very least, although you’d have thought he would have already.
    Not really Bow’s field of expertise........if you get my drift!

• I personally saw this coming months back and said so at the time in a post following the Accrington away fixture.
    Taylor has a side to him that leads him into almost constant conflicts and altercations with the opposition.....be it physically or verbally and if he’s not having issues with the oppos, the ref is the next best thing.
    I just knew he was going to get suspended at some point during the season.....he needs to sort this out, just look at the situation you’ve landed us in Kyle. Is it 10 yellows and a red now....I may be wrong there but I think that’s the tally?
    I hope it’s a lesson learned fella.
    Great player and likeable, very intelligent too but the truth is he is very easy to wind-up and the oppos know it......the ‘words out’ is probably the best way to describe it.
    Without doubt there were some ‘afters’ from the away game being carried into yesterday’s game, not only by himself but some Accrington players too.
    Realise I may ruffle a few feathers with my comments regarding our most popular player but I believe it needs addressing and soon, if it’s not too late already.

Totally agree and i think by his standards he had quite a poor game. He spent too long holding the ball up and trying to draw the foul.
  • Clarke and Grant up top?
  • Sign Tom Eaves. Sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    He's not far off a 2 match ban for 10 yellows either, so if the ban is upheld he will be out for 5 games over the next few weeks. He needs to ensure he doesn't get bookings in his immediate return games (Blackpool and Wimbledon) as we have Doncaster and Portsmouth not long after that which he will be vital for.

So with him missing for 5 games, it's pretty crucial we get a striker in on loan.
  • If Pearce is fit then we could do a lot worse than play Sarr as a striker for three games - although I doubt Bowyer would do it.

Those with long memories would remember a certain Alan Kernaghan regularly switching from centre-back to centre-forward whilst on loan from Boro in 1990/91.

• If Pearce is fit then we could do a lot worse than play Sarr as a striker for three games - although I doubt Bowyer would do it.

Those with long memories would remember a certain Alan Kernaghan regularly switching from centre-back to centre-forward whilst on loan from Boro in 1990/91.

Those with long memories probably still have nightmares about Phil Chapple playing as a striker too.
  • He needs to be more intelligent. His antics near the keeper at corners have resulted in two disallowed goals and his own sending off in recent weeks. What would people on here be saying had we lost both those games?
  • I think is he’s out we go for a Liverpoolesk front three.

Phillips
    Solly, Bauer, Sarr, Purrington
    Cullen, Bielik, Reeves
    Williams, Grant, Fosu

What we won’t have in battle up front we’d certainly make up for in pace.

This. I’d play it as a Robinsonesque 4231 though with Bielik and Cullen as central defensive midfielders and Reeves in front as a central attacking midfielder
  • Could really do with signing an on loan striker this week, rather than trying to be clever and waiting till the last minute.

This will cost us points otherwise.

Those with long memories probably still have nightmares about Phil Chapple playing as a striker too.
    Arthur Horsfield could play both centre forward and centre Half.

Pretty good in either position actually.