Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Accrington | Sat 19 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• I expect a handsome win, so a late 0-1 loss then....
  • Accrington are from Lancashire not Greater Manchester! Know for the Pals and hard bricks.

We should win - but we don't always do what we should.
  • ross1 said:

My only change to your team FA is, I cannot see (unfortunately) Cullen starting, so as I think Reeves will also be on the bench, I would put Lapslie on instead to start.

Concerning this match, after receiving sarcastic, rude remarks about another article I posted a couple of days ago that I thought some people would find as interesting as I did, I realised, at my age, I do not need this, so have decided not to continue doing the matchday commentary or post any other articles. Sorry for those that rely on it and thanks to all the "likes" I have received in the past. I am sure there will be someone more than capable to do this from now on.

Whatttttt, is this based on the thread for U17s where are they now?

PS- just checked if its just @golfaddick dont worry he is the resident grump take it with a pinch of salt. Article was interesting but a bit soon for a where are they now, but he could have presented differently...

Ross i love your commentary and also all the little bits you add to this site, information from twitter and updates. Don't let one thread dictate what you would normally do, i am pretty sure there are alot more who value your input on here especially on the matchday thread.
    Thank you for your reply, there were other remarks as well as people agreeing, so I presumed I must have been out of step with others. I know that contributor is always having a go but I try to enjoy reading other contributions and hopefully posting some, so others will enjoy. I will think about your request
  • We all know what will happen if Ross is on a break!

In all seriousness, don't let anyone force you off this site. Your contributions are enjoyed by the vast majority.

Thank you, this is most gratifying to know
  • sm said:

Accrington are from Lancashire not Greater Manchester! Know for the Pals and hard bricks.

We should win - but we don't always do what we should.

Cheers, wouldnt be a Match Preview of mine without a weekly error
  • score a couple and then get Taylor off as he's 1 booking away from missing Peterborough next week.

3-1 home win
  • score a couple and then get Taylor off as he's 1 booking away from missing Peterborough next week.

3-1 home win

Two bookings i thought, isn't he on eight?
  • bobmunro said:

Routine home win.

2-0

There is never, I repeat, never, anything routine about Charlton! Just how long have you been watching them?

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    ross1 said:

ross1 said:

My only change to your team FA is, I cannot see (unfortunately) Cullen starting, so as I think Reeves will also be on the bench, I would put Lapslie on instead to start.

Concerning this match, after receiving sarcastic, rude remarks about another article I posted a couple of days ago that I thought some people would find as interesting as I did, I realised, at my age, I do not need this, so have decided not to continue doing the matchday commentary or post any other articles. Sorry for those that rely on it and thanks to all the "likes" I have received in the past. I am sure there will be someone more than capable to do this from now on.

Whatttttt, is this based on the thread for U17s where are they now?

PS- just checked if its just @golfaddick dont worry he is the resident grump take it with a pinch of salt. Article was interesting but a bit soon for a where are they now, but he could have presented differently...

Ross i love your commentary and also all the little bits you add to this site, information from twitter and updates. Don't let one thread dictate what you would normally do, i am pretty sure there are alot more who value your input on here especially on the matchday thread.
    Thank you for your reply, there were other remarks as well as people agreeing, so I presumed I must have been out of step with others. I know that contributor is always having a go but I try to enjoy reading other contributions and hopefully posting some, so others will enjoy. I will think about your request
    Hey @ross1 don't know u,& not aware of the thread or the thread remarks,but really sorry to hear of it...i & a lot of others rely on ur goodwill,time & yep patience with ur matchthread commentary & along with the others too I must add...so of course hopefully for u & the like get it sorted,but obv respect ur decision in this matter & again hopefully one day u will be back mate...

Cmon U Addicks...3-1 Taylor,Grant & a Solly special...!!!
  • ross1 said:

We all know what will happen if Ross is on a break!

In all seriousness, don't let anyone force you off this site. Your contributions are enjoyed by the vast majority.

Keep going Ross. It’s easy to misinterpret comments sometimes.
  • Don’t let the miseries grind you down @ross1 Keep doing what you do if you enjoy it as we appreciate it.
  • Ross, I for one enjoy your match threads and they mean a lot to those of us who live abroad. Please try and ignore the unhelpful comments and resume your popular match commentary. I will be looking forward to following you again this Saturday.

As far as the game is concerned, I am a little worried by all the positive forecasts on here. This is Charlton we are talking about and when you expect a win it is often a different outcome. A physical team could play to get a player sent off which could upset the form book. An early goal for us is always a big bonus and will give us all a boost. Here's hoping for another 3 points to continue our chase for automatic promotion!

COYR
  • ross1 said:

Please don't give up, I for one enjoy it.
  • ross1...where is he now?
  • ross1 said:

We all know what will happen if Ross is on a break!

I am not aware of whats happened but I would like to echo Covered Ends comments, being a boycotter your match day contribution is superb when I am in front of a PC as are your non match day posts.

Keep up the good work sir.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    the sort of game that we need to win as they are a mid table side sitting quite a bit outside playoffs, when you look at our remaining fixtures it does fill me with confidence we have a run of games towards the end of the season with teams sitting in 21st, 22nd and 23rd spots hopefully they could be doomed by then, this season i take every game as it comes, fancy a 3-1 win.

• ross1 said:

Take no notice Ross1. I get plenty of flak from my own nephew cabbles on here and he's a bleedin moderator.
    IGNORE THEM as Alan Partridge use to say.
  • ross1 said:

Take no notice Ross1. I get plenty of flak from my own nephew cabbles on here and he's a bleedin moderator.
    IGNORE THEM as Alan Partridge use to say.
    Echo this.
    Please don't stop doing what plenty on here really appreciate.
  • Ross 1 your contribution is much appreciated, please don't let the egotists force you off this sight.
  • We will get the win after a stubborn side have made us sweat for it.
  • 9-0 and a charge to the autos... I am on rather strong medication though so that may be bollocks!
  • The way the team seems to be setting itself for an automatic promotion push has given us all expectations of an easy victory. This is definitely the sort of game we should win if we are serious about closing the gap to the teams above us. With players coming back, we seem to be getting stronger. But we are Charlton and nobody can be totally confident because we have disapointed before.

There will be a number of games coming up that we will be able to class as our most important of the season, but I think this is one we can say that about. Then that will move on to Posh. Let's hope we are not disapointed - I'll go for a convincing home win.