Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Australian Open 2019

Although there is a 2019 tennis thread it was agreed that the four Grand Slam events need and deserve their own.

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Mixed start for GB's ladies, Harriet Dart is getting a bit of a pasting from Maria Sharapova (30) in the first set whilst young Katie Boulter (see below) has just taken the first set against Ekaterina Makarova 6-0.
  • edited January 2019
    The unseeded Sir Andy Murray takes on Roberto Bautista Agut (22) at around and not before 7am GMT in which I predict will be his last professional singles match. Can't see him completing two sets sadly.
  • Riviera said:

Mixed start for GB's ladies, Harriet Dart is getting a bit of a pasting from Maria Sharapova (30) in the first set whilst young Katie Boulter (see below) has just taken the first set against Ekaterina Makarova 6-0.

Wow
  • Love a bit of Boulter. Go Katie go!
  • Shame only eurosport have it
  • edited January 2019

Shame only eurosport have it

Why? Eurosport support tennis 12 months of the year. BBC or Sky will step in if anything becomes interesting from a British perspective.
    Excellent and full coverage on BBC Radio5LiveXtra
  • Heather Watson loses to Petra Martic (31) 6-1, 6-2
  • edited January 2019
    Boulter loses 2nd set 6-4
  • Harriet Dart is whitewashed by Sharapova.
  • Nadal (2) next up on the Rod Laver Arena against local wildcard James Duckworth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boulter goes into the new Aussie Open 3rd Set tie-break, first to 10 points.
  • Match point Boulter!
  • Katie Boulter wins 6-0, 4-6, 7-6 (10-6). A great effort from the 22 year old from Leicester.
  • Riviera said:

Why? Eurosport support tennis 12 months of the year. BBC or Sky will step in if anything becomes interesting from a British perspective.
    I was up most of the night lasy week watching the Sydney Open on BT,

Just saying its dissapointing no one else has any tv coverage, so many courts mens and Womens and Eurosport have what 2 channels.
  • edited January 2019
    Riviera said:

Boulter goes into the new Aussie Open 3rd Set tie-break, first to 10 points.

Honestly feel as though they should let the final set run to 12-12 then have a first to 13 tie break. This 6-6 and then first to 10 seems off to me.

If you’re going to stop at 6-6, go first to seven like a normal breaker.
  • Riviera said:

Just saying its dissapointing no one else has any tv coverage, so many courts mens and Womens and Eurosport have what 2 channels.
    Can you not watch a stream online if Eurosport aren't showing the match you want?
  • Riviera said:

Can you not watch a stream online if Eurosport aren't showing the match you want?
    I dont have Eurosport is what i am saying, just dont understand why coverage cant be split, espicially when there are so many courts in play and Eurosport only have 2 channels
  • Dan Evans wins in straight sets
  • Riviera said:

I dont have Eurosport is what i am saying, just dont understand why coverage cant be split, espicially when there are so many courts in play and Eurosport only have 2 channels
    Eurosport are showing every match via Eurosport Player.
  • Murray just starting playing
  • Sponsored links:

• Edmund out, smashed in straight sets by Berdych.
  • Riviera said:

Am i missing something? What difference would it make if Eurosport had 20 channels showing every match...............if you don't have eurosport?
  • edited January 2019
    Agut serving for first set....5-4
  • edited January 2019
    Agut takes first set 6-4.
  • Agut takes 2nd set 6-4.
  • Murray fights back to take 3rd set into a tie-break (normal one, first to 7 btcp).
  • Murray takes 3rd set!!!!!
  • Wins 3rd set
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Life in the "miserable" Scot yet!!
  • Dan Evans wins in straight sets

Big win for Evans after his drug ban cost him 2 years when he could have been at his peak