Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Injury List

edited January 2019 in General Charlton
Could someone kindly list our injured players with approx dates they are expected to be fit to [b]start[/b] matches, i.e. not just make brief cameos in the second half?

I don't mean "start training". Depending on the nature of the injury, a player could start running straight lines on grass three months before he is ready to start a match.

Comments

• Noone can tell you when a player will be match fit its impossible.

Every players body will be different for 1 player they could be out for 3 months and take a week to be match fit another player could take a few weeks.

All we know is what Bowyer says which is aprox times like Cullen towards the end of January
  • Sage said:

I’ll give it a go on a few of the players...

George Lapslie - head injury/concussion: likely to be back next week away at Shrewsbury, could potentially start but I would assume he will be on the bench.

Ben Reeves - hamstring strain: no news on this one as it was only on Tuesday. With Reeves you can never really tell and with Williams now I wouldn’t rush anything. If it’s okay, they’re usually a couple of a weeks or so. Fingers crossed it is, so I’m going to say maybe Accrington Stanley at home (Jan 19th) otherwise hopefully Peterborough away (Jan 26th).

Josh Cullen - dislocated shoulder: back in training now and working on strengthening his shoulder still. Aim to be back for potentially Peterborough away (Jan 26th), but probably more likely Fleetwood away (Feb 2nd).

Igor Vetokele - dislocated shoulder: worse off than Cullen and not back in training yet. Surgery was more invasive and damaged a different part of his shoulder. Unlikely to be back until later in February, for a rough guess, Blackpool at home (Feb 16th) or Wimbledon away (Feb 23rd).

Joe Aribo - knee ligament damage: currently still in a knee brace and will be working on resting and strengthening the structures. No specific date or timescale has been spoken of. Hopefully it won’t be too long, but again I would assume it’ll be around the early part of February.

Jason Pearce - ankle ligament damage: similar situation to Aribo where he is currently in a protective boot and won’t be in training for a little bit yet. No specific timescale or date. Likely to be a similar time to Aribo I would assume.

Lewis Page - groin: one that has been going on for a long time. Initially was meant to be 6 weeks but that was in October, I would assume it’ll be another 3-4 weeks before he is back but that’s a complete guess. Let’s be positive and go for Fleetwood away, February 2nd.

Forster-Caskey - anterior cruciate ligament: recovery seems to be going well and last we were told is he is ahead of schedule. Could be back sooner than we hope but don’t expect him to be playing for us this season. Fingers crossed he signs a new deal and we see him back for the start of pre-season.

The good news is of course we now have full weeks between games. That gives us a great chance of getting players fit and ready for the up coming games. Before you know it, we could have a good few players back and we will look strong.

It also means we have a week for Solly to pull a muscle whilst shopping

Taylor to break his leg whilst hanging out the washing

Grant to do his hamstring whilst picking up dogshit
  • Thanks, Sage. Exactly what I was looking for.

If the return dates are anywhere close to what you are indicating I will be well pleased.
  • Sage said:

I’ll give it a go on a few of the players...

George Lapslie - head injury/concussion: likely to be back next week away at Shrewsbury, could potentially start but I would assume he will be on the bench.

Ben Reeves - hamstring strain: no news on this one as it was only on Tuesday. With Reeves you can never really tell and with Williams now I wouldn’t rush anything. If it’s okay, they’re usually a couple of a weeks or so. Fingers crossed it is, so I’m going to say maybe Accrington Stanley at home (Jan 19th) otherwise hopefully Peterborough away (Jan 26th).

Josh Cullen - dislocated shoulder: back in training now and working on strengthening his shoulder still. Aim to be back for potentially Peterborough away (Jan 26th), but probably more likely Fleetwood away (Feb 2nd).

Igor Vetokele - dislocated shoulder: worse off than Cullen and not back in training yet. Surgery was more invasive and damaged a different part of his shoulder. Unlikely to be back until later in February, for a rough guess, Blackpool at home (Feb 16th) or Wimbledon away (Feb 23rd).

Joe Aribo - knee ligament damage: currently still in a knee brace and will be working on resting and strengthening the structures. No specific date or timescale has been spoken of. Hopefully it won’t be too long, but again I would assume it’ll be around the early part of February.

Jason Pearce - ankle ligament damage: similar situation to Aribo where he is currently in a protective boot and won’t be in training for a little bit yet. No specific timescale or date. Likely to be a similar time to Aribo I would assume.

Lewis Page - groin: one that has been going on for a long time. Initially was meant to be 6 weeks but that was in October, I would assume it’ll be another 3-4 weeks before he is back but that’s a complete guess. Let’s be positive and go for Fleetwood away, February 2nd.

Forster-Caskey - anterior cruciate ligament: recovery seems to be going well and last we were told is he is ahead of schedule. Could be back sooner than we hope but don’t expect him to be playing for us this season. Fingers crossed he signs a new deal and we see him back for the start of pre-season.

The good news is of course we now have full weeks between games. That gives us a great chance of getting players fit and ready for the up coming games. Before you know it, we could have a good few players back and we will look strong.

It also means we have a week for Solly to pull a muscle whilst shopping

You could be right with Solly and Taylor but I hope your wrong about Grant as he doesn't have a dog.

• It also means we have a week for Solly to pull a muscle whilst shopping

You could be right with Solly and Taylor but I hope your wrong about Grant as he doesn't have a dog.
    There is no law against picking up other people's dogshit.

• It also means we have a week for Solly to pull a muscle whilst shopping

There is no law against picking up other people's dogshit.
    Did we have a strange hobbies thread?

• There is no law against picking up other people's dogshit.

Did we have a strange hobbies thread?
    It is not really a hobby. He is collecting it to put through RD's letterbox.
  • That is very good news... for those who dont have twitter

Cullen has been back running for a number of weeks now yet hasnt been involved in any contact sessions

Physio today gave Bowyer the green light for that to happen so will rejoin everyone for full training today and tomorrow - Weekend is going to come too soon for him but I guess provided he has no issues next week will be in the squad for Accrington
  • Sponsored links:

• That is very good news... for those who dont have twitter

Cullen has been back running for a number of weeks now yet hasnt been involved in any contact sessions

Physio today gave Bowyer the green light for that to happen so will rejoin everyone for full training today and tomorrow - Weekend is going to come too soon for him but I guess provided he has no issues next week will be in the squad for Accrington

Midfield of:

Bielik

Williams Cullen

Fosu

Would quality at this level.
  • Not sure whether Cullen would play alongside Bielik or instead of him (in that defensive midfield position)

• edited January 2019

That is very good news... for those who dont have twitter

Midfield of:

Bielik

Williams Cullen

Fosu

Would quality at this level.
    Yep this time next week. With Lapslie and one of Pratley/Morgan on the bench. And Aribo and Reeves still to return.

Edit. And Clarke.
  • Bielek back in to CB and Cullen CDM. The first half against Rochdale away still gives me shivers when I think of Cullen anywhere more advanced than the base of the diamond.
  • Bielek back in to CB and Cullen CDM. The first half against Rochdale away still gives me shivers when I think of Cullen anywhere more advanced than the base of the diamond.

Who for at CB? Harsh on Bauer or Sarr atm.
  • RedChaser said:

Bielek back in to CB and Cullen CDM. The first half against Rochdale away still gives me shivers when I think of Cullen anywhere more advanced than the base of the diamond.

Think it would solely be for Bauer if you were to put Bielik at Centre Back - Bowyer talked earlier in the season about not being happy at having to put Pearce on the right of the defence when he played alongside Sarr because it upset the balance at the back
  • RedChaser said:

Bielek back in to CB and Cullen CDM. The first half against Rochdale away still gives me shivers when I think of Cullen anywhere more advanced than the base of the diamond.

Sarr
  • clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

Sarr
    I thought you rated the Nabster :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

Sarr
    I rate my 96 year old nan more than nabster
  • Didnt realise that Reeves was going to be back so soon
  • With Pearce out for another 4 weeks, we may need Bielik back at CB soon enough, all it takes is one injury or suspension.

Besides, at some point it might not be a bad thing to rest Bielik for a game, he's not exactly got the best fitness record (which is one of the reasons we have him in the first place!)
  • This is fantastic news, a good week or so earlier than I expected for Cullen and they didn’t say much about Reeves but it would’ve been about 10-14 days which means the injury was grade one and easily treatable.

I knew Lapslie was back but wow, our midfield now is going to look so strong is so exciting. Especially when they’re returning a little earlier than we thought, and we know we have players like Aribo, Pearce and Page to come back as well.
  • Sage said:

This is fantastic news, a good week or so earlier than I expected for Cullen and they didn’t say much about Reeves but it would’ve been about 10-14 days which means the injury was grade one and easily treatable.

I knew Lapslie was back but wow, our midfield now is going to look so strong is so exciting. Especially when they’re returning a little earlier than we thought, and we know we have players like Aribo, Pearce and Page to come back as well.

Unfortunately we've been here before though with returning players making us supposedly look strong

Hopefully we dont lose anyone else now
  • clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

clb74 said:

RedChaser said:

Sarr
    I rate my 96 year old nan more than nabster
    The Nabster will be playing in the Championship next season.

Since his 35 second cameo against Wimbledon, Sarr has been different class.

The Van Dijk of League 1.
  • I don’t get the anti Sarr! I honestly don’t think Pearce is a huge loss! Sarr has been solid! Whilst Pearce’s leadership is second to none....I think he is reckless and his passing ability is nowhere nears Nabys! I love how Naby tries to go forward with every pass! Pearce only goes sideways or back to the keeper!
  • edited January 2019
    PopIcon said:

Aribo would be first MF player on team sheet for me.

Please do not use that coarse expression on our board. You are not Samuel L Jackson.
  • cafc_se7 said:

I don’t get the anti Sarr! I honestly don’t think Pearce is a huge loss! Sarr has been solid! Whilst Pearce’s leadership is second to none....I think he is reckless and his passing ability is nowhere nears Nabys! I love how Naby tries to go forward with every pass! Pearce only goes sideways or back to the keeper!

I agree. I do like watching Naby. He may make the occasional error but who doesn't and his passing ability from the back is pretty good.