Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Would be ashame to see him go. But would kick start his career.

Can't see it happening myself
  • Nooooooooooo!
  • Who is Stephen Robinson the 2nd favourite ? - Looked it up, he's the Motherwell boss.

PS I see Kevin Nolan is 33/1. A bit old I would have thought and he'd have to give up writing the CAFC match reports.

Yes, but he knows the game LOL!

• I wouldn’t begrudge Jackson taking any Job if he thought that it was the right step towards management.

Would be interested to see who Bowyer brought in as number two
  • Seems a bit odd to see him linked without any speculation as to why
  • I can't imagine Jackson would go yet. I would imagine he is relatively happy here. Yes we have Roland but he has put up with him for years.

I thought of Hurst yesterday and assumed he would be a front-runner.
  • I wouldn’t begrudge Jackson taking any Job if he thought that it was the right step towards management.

Would be interested to see who Bowyer brought in as number two

What's Iain Dowie doing at the moment?

Ok ok only joking!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

Paul Hurst is 1/2 on

You just know the bastard is going to do us in the playoffs again.

I always find it amazing how despite the English game being one big merry-go-round of managers, none of our old regime lot are ever in contention.

I wonder why...
  • No chance.
    Charlton fans love Jacko to bits and he is not going to join a promotion rival mid-season.
  • Would be interested to see who Bowyer brought in as number two

Harry Kewell and Brad Friedel if our new owners have their way

The Aussies won’t be able to afford them, it’ll be the Yanks with the money pulling the strings so it’ll more likely be Landon Donovon and the Hamburglar
  • edited January 2019
    They’re going after West Brom’s assistant manager.
  • He has been with us for a while. Entirely up to him.

I do not think taking that job would do him any favours.

If he gets offered the job then it must still be tempting for him.

Luton would be mad to give him the job though. He has no direct manager experience. Bowyer was chosen for us. Not him.

Must be a reason for that. More then meets the eye.
  • Paul Hurst would surely be nailed on. The way he sets his teams up would marry perfectly with the kind of football that Luton would play.
  • I’m told Jackson very much wanted the managers job when Robinson went.

Wouldn’t begrudge him the opportunity, Luton would be a fantastic gig to get for your first job. Suspect where they are positioned at the mo they’d want some experience though
  • Can’t see them taking Jackson
  • Sponsored links:

Post match pressers would be lovely with Friedel's part American part Lanc accent.
  • I’ve been told by my luton mate who has contacts at the club saying he interviewed very well and first choice....announcement Monday. Make of that what you will!
  • Which is backed up kind of by this...
  • That would be a shame for us imo but good luck to him if he gets it (and particularly if he wrecks their season on purpose and returns when we are in the championship)
  • That would be a shame for us imo but good luck to him if he gets it (and particularly if he wrecks their season on purpose and returns when we are in the championship)

4 days to announce a manager? Is that a standard thing
  • Luton Town FC

Verified account

@LutonTown
    8h8 hours ago
    More
    🔝🎩 BIG MICK'S BACK! We are delighted to announce that Luton Town legend - and self-confessed Mackem - @Mickharford will be in charge of the Hatters as interim manager for Saturday's huge clash at his hometown club @SunderlandAFC! #COYH
  • Well they have Hartford stepping in as caretaker who is a hero down there! Massive game for them Saturday at Sunderland so probably wouldn’t want to bring a manager in a couple of days before and risk hindering game plan!

Will be interesting to see if there is an announcement before the weekend whether Jackson will be in our technical area or granted permission to travel up to watch Luton!
  • Luton ask West Brom for permission to speak to Graeme Jones about manager's job