Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

French Ligue 1

Hi all

My brother and I are thinking of jumping on the Eurostar and taking in a PSG or Lille home game on a Saturday later in the season (i'm quite looking forward to going to a game as a neutral, rather than the constant roller coaster of watching us play!)

Has anyone got any experience with buying tickets for games over there? Their official websites are a bit vague - I've emailed them too, but haven't heard back as yet.

Any useful websites, or info, or watchouts, etc, gratefully received.

Cheers

Comments

• typical. only cos golden balls has joined them. ; )
  • edited February 2013
    We know that all 'true' Man Utd fans come from Surrey.

It seems so do all PSG's.

;o)
  • Sorry no info but what a great idea this is. Might do something similar myself.
  • Not got much to offer in terms of tickets as i just tag a long with a mate when there but reccomend Lille over PSG for a proper experiance, unless you just wanna go see all the more known players.

• Lille are nothing without Hazard go PSG
  • MattD said:

Lille are nothing without Hazard go PSG

If your going for the stars over the experiance of french league football sure. ;)
  • For PSG go to:

psg.fr/fr/Saison/207001/Billetterie

If you have any problems with the French, I'd be happy to help.
  • PSG's next games in Paris are vs Bastia next week-end, then Marseille 23/24 Feb then again Marseille for the Cup four days later.
    If you choose PSG I'll be happy to help you with tickets. I live in Paris.
  • I know its not Ligue 1 but didnt know where else to put this

PSG have won the French League Cup 5 years in a row
    PSG home to bottom of the league Guingamp(who have won 1 match all season)
    PSG put a full strength team out
    PSG go 1-0 up
    PSG lose 2-1 (3 penalties for Guingamp)
  • Their first domestic cup defeat since January 2014
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Been to see Lille play twice in the last year. Against PSG last season and back in October St Etienne . Great stadium and a fantastic atmosphere. Tickets are fairly easy to get other than v PSG. We got tickets for €40, combined our last trip with 2 games in Belgium as well, Gent is well worth a trip, great stadium and an amazing city. Yo buy tickets online you have to be a member, doesn’t cost anything just time filling in your online details. image
  • Been to see Lille play twice in the last year. Against PSG last season and back in October St Etienne . Great stadium and a fantastic atmosphere. Tickets are fairly easy to get other than v PSG. We got tickets for €40, combined our last trip with 2 games in Belgium as well, Gent is well worth a trip, great stadium and an amazing city. Yo buy tickets online you have to be a member, doesn’t cost anything just time filling in your online details. image

Have been meaning to go to Lille to watch a game for a while now. Must get it organised, although I’m supposed to be going with @ricky_otto so may just forget about it.

Cost me £50 aswell, Had Bordeaux, Madrid, Woking and City to score 5+. Can’t believe it was PSG that let me down
  • have been to see nice and monaco - tickets are cheap as anything. 20 euros

Guingamp are my team. Fantastic stuff!! Unlikely to be in Ligue 1 next season though.
  • edited January 2019

Have been meaning to go to Lille to watch a game for a while now. Must get it organised, although I’m supposed to be going with @ricky_otto so may just forget about it.

I've been meaning to for years but because they confirm kickoff times 2 weeks in advance the Eurostar always costs too much.

I've only been to PSG, it was so-so. Was looking at Nice tickets for someone at work and they start at 12 euros.
  • RedPanda said:

I've been meaning to for years but because they confirm kickoff times 2 weeks in advance the Eurostar always costs too much.

I've only been to PSG, it was so-so. Was looking at Nice tickets for someone at work and they start at 12 euros.
    You can go with Mehmet if you like - will save me the aggro of having to help him on to the train and across roads.
  • edited January 2019
    Lille could be Champions League next year as well ⚽️
  • edited January 2019
    Gent also within a short drive from Calais
  • Been to see Lille play twice in the last year. Against PSG last season and back in October St Etienne . Great stadium and a fantastic atmosphere. Tickets are fairly easy to get other than v PSG. We got tickets for €40, combined our last trip with 2 games in Belgium as well, Gent is well worth a trip, great stadium and an amazing city. Yo buy tickets online you have to be a member, doesn’t cost anything just time filling in your online details. image

Lille is a cracking little town as well, really nice place for a wander around and some great places to eat as well as you'd expect in that part of the world.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame Troyes got relegated, that would be a good trip for those interested in going to see a Ligue 1 game.
  • Dumped out of the cup by Guingamp 2 weeks ago................today PSG beat them 9-0 in a league game.
  • My local French team, FC Metz ,strolling away in Ligue 2 - should be back when they belong next season.
  • Off to see Lens v Metz on February 9th , should be a cracker.
  • 3 games ago PSG were a win away from securing the league.
    since then they’ve drawn 1 and lost 2.

obviously still going to win the league but players appear to be on the beach already
  • Missing Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani, di Maria, Verratti, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Meunier tonight.

Think they stopped bothering after their CL exit.
  • A lot of those played at the weekend when they lost 5-1
    strange position to be in, nothing to play for as champions
  • Neymar returned tonight for PSG.

PSG fans displayed a banner abusing him and his dad. They booed him throughout and sang offensive chants towards him.

He then scored an amazing 92nd minute overhead kick and they won 1-0.
  • Lille won last night to go 4 points clear. Wins in their last 2 matches will give them the title and ensure PSG miss out.

Getting rid of Tuchel who won a domestic treble and got to the CL final last season looks a masterstroke...........
  • PSG draw and are 3 points behind Lille with 2 games left. A quite incredible fuck up to finish second in a 1 horse race.