Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*Done Deal - Left Back Ben Purrington on loan from Rotherham*

Comments

• Just asked my Rotherham-supporting workmate about him - he says, and I quote: 'he's good.' Actually named his cat after him. True story.

purrrrrrfect name for a pussy ((:>)
  • Rotherham reject, Rotherham reject, hello.
  • edited January 2019
  • Dazzler21 said:

Bastard's nicked my birthday! 8 years my junior it must be said.

No way is he 34! ;)
  • sam3110 said:

Pratley only in there because Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Reeves, Cullen and Lapslie are all unavailable

Anyone who looks at our current squad and thinks it's small needs their heads testing, the only problem is the injury list

Small no, strength in depth has always been the problem. ;)
  • We should see if AFCW would like Stephenson on loan.

Throw in Reeco so there's no hard feelings.
  • edited January 2019

slightly underwhelmed. Been playing for a team that are at the bottom of our division & when they played us the other week were the worst team I've seen this season.

would have preferred to stick with Stephenson & use the wages on another striker......unless this new LB can play up front when Taylor is crooked on Feb 1st & Grant does his hammy (again).

Brilliant, don't give up the comedy.
    Purrfect signing.
  • slightly underwhelmed. Been playing for a team that are at the bottom of our division & when they played us the other week were the worst team I've seen this season.

would have preferred to stick with Stephenson & use the wages on another striker......unless this new LB can play up front when Taylor is crooked on Feb 1st & Grant does his hammy (again).

Looks like we can have both, Bowyer's said he's trying to sign an attacking player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:

Wimbledon fans seem disappointed he was recalled so that’s a good sign.

the only bad thing is wimbledon are bottom of the table and have let in 37 goals and hes a defender
  • Just asked my Rotherham-supporting workmate about him - he says, and I quote: 'he's good.' Actually named his cat after him. True story.

Good name for a cat though to be fair!
    What Ben?
  • edited January 2019

Laddick01 said:

the only bad thing is wimbledon are bottom of the table and have let in 37 goals and hes a defender
    Our defence has let in 31 which isn’t much better considering our position. Not sure you can blame one defender for Wimbledon’s defence. The same as you wouldn't only blame one Charlton defender for our 31 goals against
  • RedChaser said:

Just asked my Rotherham-supporting workmate about him - he says, and I quote: 'he's good.' Actually named his cat after him. True story.

Let's hope he's got nine lives like the cat then with injuries :wink: .
    Unfortunately not - the cat got run over on Boxing Day! Also true.

Yeh course he did - he probably just didn't want to admit that he named the cat after Michael Jackson's rat. Either that or he's got a strange affinity with a footballer:

Ben, the two of us need look no more
    We both found what we were looking for
    With a friend to call my own
    I'll never be alone, and you, my friend, will see
    You've got a friend in me
    Ha! Not this time - cat's first name was Elsie. Elsie Purrington, she was.
  • Laddick01 said:

Our defence has let in 31 which isn’t much better considering our position. Not sure you can blame one defender for Wimbledon’s defence. The same as you wouldn't only blame one Charlton defender for our 31 goals against
    Although if Fox was still our left back I'm sure a few people would have a bloody good go at pinning every single goal on him ...
  • Laddick01 said:

Of course you wouldn't, that is CLEARLY Phillips fault. Even the ones that Steer let in. CLEARLY.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

Just asked my Rotherham-supporting workmate about him - he says, and I quote: 'he's good.' Actually named his cat after him. True story.

Let's hope he's got nine lives like the cat then with injuries :wink: .
    Unfortunately not - the cat got run over on Boxing Day! Also true.
    Oh no! me and my big mouth :worried:
  • Laddick01 said:

Although if Fox was still our left back I'm sure a few people would have a bloody good go at pinning every single goal on him ...
    Small four legged furry animal with a tail and claws...…...Hang on a minute :wink:
  • thenewbie said:

Laddick01 said:

Of course you wouldn't, that is CLEARLY Phillips fault. Even the ones that Steer let in. CLEARLY.
    Are you okay mate?
  • slightly underwhelmed. Been playing for a team that are at the bottom of our division & when they played us the other week were the worst team I've seen this season.

Beginning to turn into a parody of yourself Golfie, careful
  • Love this! Welcome Ben!
  • Rotherham reject, Rotherham reject, hello.

So was Mendonca. He didn't do badly for us.
  • Got a Curbs/Powell feeling about this one. Bowyer/Gallen are probably overdue a dud, but I don't think this is going to be the one.

Welcome Ben and good luck!
  • Think its a really good addition, match fit as been playing all season for AFCW. Natural left footer on the left wing too. Seems as though we've done a shrewd bit of business here too, recalled by Rotherham today and then immediately loaned back out to us. Can't blame the Womblers for being unhappy with this. Gallen and Bowyer certainly aren't messing around are they.
  • Dons friend furious and blaming mess left behind by Ardley for his departure. Say Purrington started slow before becoming consistent.