Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I've heard he's got cat-like agility, always seems to land on his feet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome Ben and good luck.
  • Welcome Benno, Best of luck here
  • Glass houses - we taught Joe Pigott, Terrell Thomas and Scott Wagstaff all they need to know about playing in League 1.
    To be fair they're our cast offs in a way though rather than Wimbledon pinching them from us
  • If this means Solly back at RB then I'm happy. Quite frankly, if signing Ben Zephaniah meant Solly would be back at RB then I'd have been happy, but this one has nearly as good a surname and some Championship experience, which is a bonus.

Play well and play hard - let's get those wins.
  • edited January 2019
    rananegra said:

Was he recalled from Wimbledon just to be loaned to us or was he headed back anyway?
    Be nice to have a left back playing left back

An interesting question especially as he's featured regularly for them unless Wimnledon now have other options or it is budget driven. Anyway he's our player now, welcome and best of luck Ben.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sort of moderately whelmed at this. Good to have another LB in as a quick fix but with young Stevenson around I was expecting the loanee to be a bit more of a step up rather than someone who is not really that much more experienced. Nevertheless, in Gallen and LB we trust so welcome Ben and I hope you give us the width we need.
  • edited January 2019
    Bastard's nicked my birthday! 8 years my junior it must be said.
  • Reading some posts on the Wimbledon forum, really are not happy with us at all, took there only decent defender getting pretty bitter about us.
  • Good signing, now just the lad in from Villa and will have been a great window, especially when the treatment room is less congested we will have quality in all positions as well as enabling Bowyer to rotate when needed during the run in.

This one came out of the blue, hopefully the same will happen again and we'll get someone more proven/experienced than the Villa striker.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Bastard's nicked my birthday! 8 years my junior it must be said.

Thirty is the new twenty Daz 😉
  • rananegra said:

Was he recalled from Wimbledon just to be loaned to us or was he headed back anyway?

Looks like he was recalled specifically to sign for us.

Left-back Ben Purrington has left AFC Wimbledon with Championship club Rotherham having exercised their option to recall him with immediate effect.

Ben joined Wimbledon on loan in August and he made 30 appearances in all competitions, scoring one goal, which came in the 3-0 Emirates FA Cup victory at FC Halifax (the picture above shows him celebrating that goal). Ben's loan spell here ended on a winning note with the 22-year-old helping Wimbledon into the fourth round of the famous knockout competition with victory at Fleetwood Town.

Following his departure from Wimbledon, Ben has signed for Charlton Athletic on loan.

We can also confirm that goalkeeper Tom King has officially been recalled by Millwall. Tom made 16 appearances for AFC Wimbledon after joining on loan from the Championship club.

All at AFC Wimbledon thank both players for their contributions and we wish them every success in the future.

• Reading some posts on the Wimbledon forum, really are not happy with us at all, took there only decent defender getting pretty bitter about us.

Understand how they feel

I remember us all being pretty peeved when Birmingham came and took Bouazza from us because Fulham wanted him at a club doing better in the League
  • rananegra said:

The loan was for a season

Unless Wimbledon sent him back (which In doubt) it's a bit of a slap in the face for them, to have a player recalled by the parent club and then immediately loaned out again to a club in the same division!

Understand how they feel

I remember us all being pretty peeved when Birmingham came and took Bouazza from us because Fulham wanted him at a club doing better in the League
    Don't think that Bouzza was playing as regular as Fulham would have hoped at the time.