Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prison Life

There was a prison highlighted on the news this morning,that,after a professors 'study',are going to remove bars from cells,provide laptops for prisoners and tea and sandwiches in their cells. Its so the little angels dont reoffend. Ive just finished clearing up the tea i spat everywhere. What the actual f##k??!

Comments

• Not sure about the bars but the cushy life has been going on for years. The company I used to own had contracts in most of the big UK prisons and you would be amazed what goes on.

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations
    Plenty of drugs getting in as the screws would rather the inmates be high and content.

Doncaster prison even had a room off of the visiting center where couples were allowed to have sex. This really blew me away when I visited

• Not sure about the bars but the cushy life has been going on for years. The company I used to own had contracts in most of the big UK prisons and you would be amazed what goes on.

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations
    Plenty of drugs getting in as the screws would rather the inmates be high and content.

Doncaster prison even had a room off of the visiting center where couples were allowed to have sex. This really blew me away when I visited

Blimey, that's a better standard of living than I've got.

How can I get in?

• Oggy Red said:

Not sure about the bars but the cushy life has been going on for years. The company I used to own had contracts in most of the big UK prisons and you would be amazed what goes on.

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations

How can I get in?

Better standard than most Oggy, especially the elderly.
  • That's basically how it works in Scandinavia.
  • Oggy Red said:

Not sure about the bars but the cushy life has been going on for years. The company I used to own had contracts in most of the big UK prisons and you would be amazed what goes on.

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations

How can I get in?
    Got a few people you could make disappear for me if you want?
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Would you prefer that they do reoffend?

Is making prisin nicer really going to make people less likely to go back?

I doubt it.
  • I hope this new liberal culture in our prisons is more successful than the similarly minded changes that have occurred in our classrooms.

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations

Im pretty sure this opinion of prisons being easy is a tad out dated now, unless you think rape and taking a battering every other day are easy.

When did you sell your company ? my probabtion officer mrs paints a very different story of the last 3/4 years !
  • se9addick said:

Erm,no,obviously not but its a prison. Theyre not in there for being shining lights of the community. We have a massive problem with homelessness,often people who have served their country,i think the money being provided by the taxpayer to make wrong'uns lives better in prison could be better used to get people off the streets.
    or prisoners could recieve an education and therefore be less likely to reoffend, keeping them busy stops the drugs and suicides being so high.
  • shine166 said:

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations

Im pretty sure this opinion of prisons being easy is a tad out dated now, unless you think rape and taking a battering every other day are easy.

When did you sell your company ? my probabtion officer mrs paints a very different story of the last 3/4 years !
    I sold my business in Feb 2017.

I understand there is a down side to everything but if a person committed a serious crime against me or a loved one and I heard they were being battered and raped inside I would be chuffed to bits.

It is easy to avoid such humiliation, behave yourself and stay on the outside.
  • se9addick said:

Is making prisin nicer really going to make people less likely to go back?

I doubt it.
    I don’t know, mainly because I understand that I’m not the foremost expert on every single topic.

I would imagine that these measures haven’t been taken for the sake of it, rather they are at recommendation of people that do know what they’re talking about.
  • Seems madness but if it works...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    shine166 said:

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations

CAT C prisons arent that dangerous places.
  • edited January 2019
    'General Charlton'? I thought we had players in prison! 😱
  • shine166 said:

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations

I sold my business in Feb 2017.

I understand there is a down side to everything but if a person committed a serious crime against me or a loved one and I heard they were being battered and raped inside I would be chuffed to bits.

It is easy to avoid such humiliation, behave yourself and stay on the outside.

Not all crime is serious or all sentences fair !

...as for your rape comment, it's scummy at best. Even my Mrs who has been abused as a child and an adult wouldn't wish that on anyone
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Erm,no,obviously not but its a prison. Theyre not in there for being shining lights of the community. We have a massive problem with homelessness,often people who have served their country,i think the money being provided by the taxpayer to make wrong'uns lives better in prison could be better used to get people off the streets.
    So why don’t we try to reduce the reoffending rate, which is astronomical, and then spend the money we’ll save on dealing with the consequences of crime on the homeless?
    That's far too logical for CL.
  • edited January 2019
    olster said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

So why don’t we try to reduce the reoffending rate, which is astronomical, and then spend the money we’ll save on dealing with the consequences of crime on the homeless?
    That's far too logical for CL.
    Plus its easier to say 'what about the homeless, or vets' and do fk all to help anyone.

Also people to think and realise that some of these prisoners were homeless junkees before they got sent down too !
  • Lad (can't recall his surname...1st name John) I used to go to Charlton with (from Abbey Wood) became a prison guard....last time I saw him he was working down at Bristol prison....wonder if he is on CL ?.

Three meals a day
    Games Rooms
    Craft Centers
    Well stocked Library's
    Well equipped gyms
    All of them have Mosques
    42" TV's
    Sky
    Play-stations

Couldn't they just have it off in their own cells?