Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ultra Low Emission Zone

I thought it might be worth posting this as it's likely to affect a few Addicks journeys. Wouldn't want to see anybody get caught out by this.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone

Comments

• Brilliant idea.
  • edited December 2018
    On this week's episode of "On the Buses" Stan has to do extra overtime after ignoring the diversion sign on the embankment and gets fined by Blakey for taking his routemaster into the Lez.
  • I plan to trade mine in next month anyway but having just checked my number plate it says my vehicle is caught by the ULEZ. Walking the dogs and judging by the plates on parked and passing cars i suspect there’s going to be a lot of very pissed off people next April and when those people that work unsocial hours for lower wages can’t use their older cars to get to work a lot more are also going to get very pissed off.
  • It moves out to M25 in a couple of years too.
  • complete and absolute bollocks.

This. As a regular traveller in and out of the city this is going to cost me a few quid.
    Was thinking of getting an unleaded but get this.
    Khan and the COL are planning a NO emission zone in the coming years. Will initially cover around Barbican (close to work) and another area slightly more east.

Might buy a magic Fu***** carpet instead!!

This. As a regular traveller in and out of the city this is going to cost me a few quid.
    Was thinking of getting an unleaded but get this.
    Khan and the COL are planning a NO emission zone in the coming years. Will initially cover around Barbican (close to work) and another area slightly more east.

Might buy a magic Fu***** carpet instead!!
    I'm sure these mush brained dickweasels think every vehicle that uses a built up area such as London or the M25 is doing so because they have a choice. Nobody WANTS to drive through London, it's a miserable experience. Same for the M25. Making people pay more will not reduce emissions it will just generate revenue. One hand sells the place as the cultural, exciting epicentre London is, the other hand makes it as difficult as possible for people to make it so.

For someone who uses the M25 in a van pretty regularly the only way this cost will get covered is by passing it on to customers. Electric vehicles are totally impractical for anyone other than milkmen and hybrids are probhibitly expensive.

• We let these bastards scam us.

We should be more like the French.

@PragueAddick line us all up with a selection from your wardrobe :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

It's the North and South circulars actually
  • Dansk_Red said:
    Of CO2.
  • edited January 2019
    A pisstake of an idea that is just to raise revenue. Nearly new diesels will have to be scrapped.

It's a myth that electric cars are emissions free. Numerous flaws with this policy.
  • My car doesn't meet this. I don't drive into Central London anyway but will need to trade it in before it extends to the South Circular.
    It's a pain, but equally something needs to be done about air pollution. And this is a nudge for me to get a less polluting car (or maybe even do without one).
    I agree this hits people who need vans and are not in a position to lease a more modern one. Unfortunately the govt is too pre-occupied with something else to do any sort of scrappage scheme to encourage take up of lower emissions vehicles.

@killerandflash
    From April 2019 yes, and then......

It moves out to the M25 in a couple of years.

@killerandflash

Incorrect

It's the current congestion charge zone in 2019, then the North and South circulars in 2021

@killerandflash

I thought it was just the north/south circ boundaries in 2021, not the M25?
  • I’ve got two old classic cars and they are both exempt!

No logic to it all.
  • Sponsored links:

@killerandflash

I thought it was just the north/south circ boundaries in 2021, not the M25?
    Yup, north and south circ in 2021
  • edited January 2019

I’ve got two old classic cars and they are both exempt!

No logic to it all.

Mine’s exempt too. Probably base it on the assumption that they won’t be used that regularly.
  • My 2006 Triumph Scrambler doesn't meet their criteria , had the bike nearly 11 years , and it was to be my last bike ……...looks like it will be now.
  • Taxis are exempt as well, probably a good reason for this. Either they don’t pollute like other old motors or maybe the powers that be don’t fancy the fight they know would happen.
  • edited January 2019
    PopIcon said:

Great idea, the air quality in London is dreadful.

I have to agree, even though I won't be able to take my 1997 TRX850 past the end of the road when it expands to the South Circular. On the bright side, if I keep it another 18 years, it will get historic vehicle exemption.
  • PopIcon said:

I have to agree, even though I won't be able to take my 1997 TRX850 passed the end of the road when it expands to the South Circular. On the bright side, if I keep it another 18 years, it will get historic vehicle exemption.
    Another 18 years and they will probably have banned the use of petrol and diesel...
  • PopIcon said:

I have to agree, even though I won't be able to take my 1997 TRX850 passed the end of the road when it expands to the South Circular. On the bright side, if I keep it another 18 years, it will get historic vehicle exemption.
    Another 18 years and they will probably have banned the use of petrol and diesel...
    But I'll still be able to push it along the road.
  • It's in part why I got rid of my Cayenne, although oddly the car I replaced it with has a higher Co2 but is fine......

My 90's Lotus Elise however isn't exempt, so when I take that out it'll be head south only, shame as good fun going through the blackball tunnel.

There's little logic to this really, if we don't want polluting cars, ban them, not make it a money spinner.

Also makes no sense on usage. Surely a car with low Co2 that drives in and around London all day is going to pollute more than an older, more polluting car, that goes out 3 times a month.