Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• for a moment there I thought we'd signed the ghost of bent Bob, the Czech cheque bouncer ..

welcome Chris and all the very best during your time at the wonderful CAFC
  • Excellent means Maynard Brewer can go back out on loan
  • Excellent means Maynard Brewer can go back out on loan

Maynard- Brewer picked up an injury at the end of the under-23 game yesterday,not sure how serious it is.
  • Sounds a very experienced keeper - not clear why he's fallen out of favour at PNE?
  • @sam3110 Called up to Wales squad but yet to make an appearance, another player to enable us to call off games due to international appearances alongside Taylor, Cullen and Bielik now Ward has gone back

---

@Rylo “He punches a lot”

Never been a fan of that, but good luck to him. Welcome, Chris.

----

@se9addick Bowyer’s comment about distribution is interesting given that it is a weak point of Phillips’ game. Wouldn’t be surprised if the plan is to have Phillips in goal on Saturday and then Maxwell takes over after that.
  • @sam3110 Called up to Wales squad but yet to make an appearance, another player to enable us to call off games due to international appearances alongside Taylor, Cullen and Bielik now Ward has gone back

---

@Rylo “He punches a lot”

Never been a fan of that, but good luck to him. Welcome, Chris.

----

@se9addick Bowyer’s comment about distribution is interesting given that it is a weak point of Phillips’ game. Wouldn’t be surprised if the plan is to have Phillips in goal on Saturday and then Maxwell takes over after that.

I'm assuming Bowyer is keen to put Dillon back on the bench asap.
  • Good luck sir Maxwell, hope you do swell
  • Interesting interview... talking about club being ambitious...right structure etc etc... and wanting to be successful... has he been briefed/sold about new owners... He is joining us from Preston.... it is not like it is the other way round... "normally ypu would say... i want to help get the club promotion blah blah" but he talks about us as though we are bigger than preston?"....
  • Sponsored links:

• Great signing
  • edited January 2019

Height?

6ft 1in so is an inch shorter than Phillips and Steer (Shut it you lot)
  • Height?

6' 1" says wiki … little bit on the small side for a modern day keeper but we'll see .. aged 28 so not a raw little kid of a keeper
  • Sponsored links:

• Reading the PNE forum a lot of their fans seem to prefer him to Rudd but he seems to have fallen out of favour since a sending off. Rudd is criticised for staying rooted to his line whereas Maxwell is criticised for the odd rush of blood when coming out.

Sounds a bit kamikaze with his attitude so should be interesting.

I’m having memories of Sasa Ilic now.
  • Take it to the Max, Maxwell.
  • Reading the PNE forum a lot of their fans seem to prefer him to Rudd but he seems to have fallen out of favour since a sending off. Rudd is criticised for staying rooted to his line whereas Maxwell is criticised for the odd rush of blood when coming out.

Sounds a bit kamikaze with his attitude so should be interesting.

I’m having memories of Sasa Ilic now.
    At least he should be entertaining - assume Bowyer will start him.
  • Welcome to the madhouse! Seriously, hope he does well. Probably straight into the side for Shrewsbury, sympathy for young Dillon though.
  • TelMc32 said:

Great news...Maxwell is in the House!! :smiley:

The old Maxwell House ad-slogan was 'good to the last drop' .. errrr we need no drops at all from Mr Chris Maxwell thanks very much ((:>)
  • Maxwell by name, Max very well by nature.
  • addick05 said:

Welcome to the madhouse! Seriously, hope he does well. Probably straight into the side for Shrewsbury, sympathy for young Dillon though.

Happy to have Dillon as No1 but given Maxwell's experience it seems likely he'll start. Dillon I'm sure will look to leave at the end of the season to develop his game.