Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Good Luck Omens ?

On Saturday, walking under the arches at London Bridge between the BR and LT stations, a pigeon or two decided to drop an unwanted sticky present onto my overcoat. I managed to wipe most of what was visible away with the clean (then not so clean) handkerchief that I carry in my pocket like mummy always told me to. I had no time to go to the loos to check if there was more mess on my coat as my train was imminently due.
Back at the hotel, I was horrified to see just how much poop had landed on me. Anyway, small mercies, I was thankful that the lot had not dropped onto my bonce.

The point ? .. My grandma, a fatalistic cockney who forever tried to make the best of any situation, always told me that a bird shitting on you (no mention of overcoats) meant good luck. This was an example amongst many other examples of ostensible misfortune, that according to my Nan, meant that good fortune was just around the next corner

As a magnanimous gesture, I have donated any or all possible good luck owed to me from this incident to the Addicks first team squad in the hope that any impetus on the road to promotion will be very welcome.

Anyone else have any old nan's tales of what could, would, should bring good or bad luck ?

Comments

• On Saturday, walking under the arches at London Bridge between the BR and LT stations, a bird (perhaps) two decided to drop an unwanted sticky present onto my overcoat. I managed to wipe most of what was visible away with the clean (then not so clean) handkerchief that I carry in my pocket like mummy always told me to. I had no time to go to the loos to check if there was more mess on my coat as my train was imminently due.
    Back at the hotel, I was horrified to see just how much poop had landed on me. Anyway, small mercies, I was thankful that the lot had not dropped onto my bonce.

The point ? .. My grandma, a fatalistic cockney who forever tried to make the best of any situation, always told me that a bird shitting on you (no mention of overcoats) meant good luck. This was an example amongst many other examples of ostensible misfortune, that according to my Nan, meant that good fortune was just around the next corner

As a magnanimous gesture, I have donated any or all possible good luck owed to me from this incident to the Addicks first team squad in the hope that any impetus on the road to promotion will be very welcome.

Anyone else have any old nan's tales of what could, would, should bring good or bad luck ?

@DaveMehmet pays good money for that sort of thing.
    should I change 'bird' to pigeon to save any confusion ? ((:>)
  • On Saturday, walking under the arches at London Bridge between the BR and LT stations, a bird (perhaps) two decided to drop an unwanted sticky present onto my overcoat. I managed to wipe most of what was visible away with the clean (then not so clean) handkerchief that I carry in my pocket like mummy always told me to. I had no time to go to the loos to check if there was more mess on my coat as my train was imminently due.

Don’t worry, he isn’t fussy.
  • I believe its spelt Oman @Lincsaddick and they have a tough group with
    Japan
    Uzbekistan
    Turkmenistan

There 1st game is against Uzbekistan on Wednesday
  • I believe its spelt Oman @Lincsaddick and they have a tough group with
    Japan
    Uzbekistan
    Turkmenistan

There 1st game is against Uzbekistan on Wednesday

and I suppose you can't wait to watch it
  • On Saturday, walking under the arches at London Bridge between the BR and LT stations, a pigeon or two decided to drop an unwanted sticky present onto my overcoat. I managed to wipe most of what was visible away with the clean (then not so clean) handkerchief that I carry in my pocket like mummy always told me to. I had no time to go to the loos to check if there was more mess on my coat as my train was imminently due.

On Saturday, walking under the arches at London Bridge between the BR and LT stations, a bird (perhaps) two decided to drop an unwanted sticky present onto my overcoat. I managed to wipe most of what was visible away with the clean (then not so clean) handkerchief that I carry in my pocket like mummy always told me to. I had no time to go to the loos to check if there was more mess on my coat as my train was imminently due.

On Saturday, walking under the arches at London Bridge between the BR and LT stations, a bird (perhaps) two decided to drop an unwanted sticky present onto my overcoat. I managed to wipe most of what was visible away with the clean (then not so clean) handkerchief that I carry in my pocket like mummy always told me to. I had no time to go to the loos to check if there was more mess on my coat as my train was imminently due.

Don’t worry, he isn’t fussy.
    Had she still been alive my old nan would have said don’t read threads like this on a packed train if you don’t want people to think you’re a nutter by sitting there laughing to yourself