Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'New' Away Fans Pub?

Comments

• I can see that catching on, not.
  • Millwall pub last time I went there.

A few years ago admittedly. In fact more than 10 years ago when we played Wolves in 2008/2009! Where has that gone?
  • You’d be doing well to get from the Angerstein to the Jimmy Seed in 10 minutes.
  • se9addick said:

You’d be doing well to get from the Angerstein to the Jimmy Seed in 10 minutes.

The boozer is nearer to the toolbox.
  • this is when i think the police are ridiculous, millwall arent playing tomorrow therefore just tell them to drink in london bridge and get a train or blackheath
  • So tons of fans negotiate that complex junction huh?
    What could possibly go wrong?
  • sunderland as a club although being largely followed dont seem to have that many wanker fans, compared to other clubs that regularly sellout, cant see there being much trouble.
  • Sponsored links:

• this is when i think the police are ridiculous, millwall arent playing tomorrow therefore just tell them to drink in london bridge and get a train or blackheath

The Mackems cannot afford the beer prices there.

You don't have to drink where they tell you to. No different when we play away. If they recommend an away pub for us, then it's one to avoid.
  • What’s wrong with The Waterman’s Arms ?
  • edited January 2019

What's wrong with having a coffee instead of beer pre-match. There's a new Costa now on the Woolwich road and m&s cafe not far away either.

They don't do Irish coffee :wink:
  • What’s wrong with The Waterman’s Arms ?

The police said on Twitter that the owners of the pub need to agree to accept away fans.
  • Wasn't that the only pub in Charlton that opened when the OB asked all boozers to close before Millwall at home?
  • Croydon said:

Wasn't that the only pub in Charlton that opened when the OB asked all boozers to close before Millwall at home?

yeah it was
  • shirty5 said:

this is when i think the police are ridiculous, millwall arent playing tomorrow therefore just tell them to drink in london bridge and get a train or blackheath

You don't have to drink where they tell you to. No different when we play away. If they recommend an away pub for us, then it's one to avoid.
    yeah unless they come up the swan which causes even more delay in getting served
  • shirty5 said:

this is when i think the police are ridiculous, millwall arent playing tomorrow therefore just tell them to drink in london bridge and get a train or blackheath

yeah unless they come up the swan which causes even more delay in getting served
    That's life sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• sunderland as a club although being largely followed dont seem to have that many wanker fans, compared to other clubs that regularly sellout, cant see there being much trouble.

Coventry fans would disagree.
  • The Angerstein is a shit pub just on the edge of Charlton as you go into Westcombe Park/Greenwich.

It’s very close to my house so if Sunderland could fuck off somewhere else that would be great.
  • Following the demise of the Antigallican, I expect that the Rose of Denmark and the Anchor & Hope will become the most popular local pubs for away fans, although a good number will probably continue to stop off in Greenwich or Blackheath en route.
  • Lot of Sunderland fans in the River Ale House last night both before and after the game. After the game it was rammed.
  • No Sunderland in the Radical.
  • Lots of Radicals in Sunderland though - they voted Brexit.
  • Lot of Sunderland fans in the River Ale House last night both before and after the game. After the game it was rammed.

The London branch of their supporters club. They met in the Equitable before the game.
  • Noticed about 2pm going through the centre of Woolwich there were two football old Bill stationed outside the doors of the Anglesey Arms.

Don’t know who would have been drinking in there
  • Charlton.