Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No Noise....From The Netflix Boys

Considering how large an away following Sunderland have, they really don’t sing very much?

I know they probably consider it an embarrassment playing in this division, and they have been ground down in recent years, but it was quite shocking, wonder if its the norm for them, or whether they were just knackered out by travelling to London?

Comments

• Worst noise levels from a sell out I can remember since QPR.
  • I too was a bit surprised about the lack of noise from them over the course of the game

Don’t get me wrong, to fill out that away end was superb and the fact they do that every week means I have a lot of respect for them. However, given they had a packed end they could’ve used it more in terms of singing etc

Particularly when we were under the cosh after going 1 down early on.
  • Saw a lot of this on Twitter last night and don’t really get it.
    The Sunderland fans were large in numbers and from my position in the East Stand, loud.

The reason most people say they couldn’t hear them was because the home areas were busier and louder.

They made less noise in the second half, mainly because we had them under the cosh for most of it and the home support was constant.

Exactly. On the stream, both sets were equally loud when their respective team was doing well.

I heard 'shall we sing a song for you" more than once in the first half.

The Sunderland fans were large in numbers and from my position in the East Stand, loud.

The reason most people say they couldn’t hear them was because the home areas were busier and louder.

They made less noise in the second half, mainly because we had them under the cosh for most of it and the home support was constant.

Exactly. On the stream, both sets were equally loud when their respective team was doing well.

From the north upper they couldn't be heard at all.

Have to disagree, I was west stand nearer the away fans and I thought it was one of the quietest sell outs from memory. I guess you could argue the away end towards the east was loud but certainly not near us.
  • Trouble is, if you sit in the JS you can't hear barely fck all from North regardless of how loud we think we are.

You say that, but Sunderland fans on twitter are saying we didnt stop singing all game, so clearly they could hear us

We were in the Covered End and we were saying how quiet they were in the first half even though they were winning, usually a sign that the other team (ie Charlton in this case) might have been more on top than we thought they were
  • Trouble is, if you sit in the JS you can't hear barely fck all from North regardless of how loud we think we are.

You say that, but Sunderland fans on twitter are saying we didnt stop singing all game, so clearly they could hear us
    OK, not as loud as we think we are.

This I k ow for a fact having sat there when ground was full in prem days.

Once we put second tier in it was never as loud as before.
  • Sponsored links:

• They managed to respond fairly quickly to the 'Shall we sing a song for you' and 'Who are you? Who are you?'.

Very subdued set of fans and certainly the quietest from a sell out away end I can remember - from the halfway line in the West.

We were in the Covered End and we were saying how quiet they were in the first half even though they were winning, usually a sign that the other team (ie Charlton in this case) might have been more on top than we thought they were
    We were on top, I think people are being very generous saying it was a game of two halves, we missed a lot more clear cut chances than them. A lot of their shots were nothing shots, if the first half had a long period of added time we would have scored before the half, no doubt in my mind.

The only time I truly thought we were let off was their last attempt which was poor and when Phillips saved it off the bar and one of theirs didn't finish. Other than that I think we were the better side clearly. Feel like if they were a smaller side like a Fleetwood or Shrewsbury type people would feel gutted about the result
  • Agree with @Braziliance.

Thought both this game and at the SOL we showed a much higher tempo than they could cope with and were by far the better team. Poor finishing let us down in both games.
  • Addickted said:

Agree with @Braziliance.

Thought both this game and at the SOL we showed a much higher tempo than they could cope with and were by far the better team. Poor finishing let us down in both games.

I have never felt that comfortable watching us all season. Only two teams so far have made me feel like we were really against it and that was Burton away and Coventry away. I think it's been glossed over because they're a big club but that's the best I have seen us play this season in that second half and all we managed was a point so I felt a bit disappointed
  • They were quiet. I sit in the same place each week in the west and can tell the difference. Sadly always smallwall that are the loudest.
  • Did they do the Lee Howey chant? I always liked that one
  • Carter said:

Did they do the Lee Howey chant? I always liked that one

They do this mini-Millwall miiiiii walking round the streets which is ‘waydla’ some silly shortening of Howay the Lads
  • We were sat north quadrant and could here them for the first 30 minutes but little else after that as we were very noisy for the rest of the game, my boy was ball boy just in front of them and said they were singing all game but could here us as well.
  • sat in the East. first half I heard them a few times. second half barely a noise from them, even snicko would of struggled to pick anything up. though they were under the cosh and we were much louder.

what I guess made it strange was that whenever we take a large following, (rarely I know so maybe they are just used to it) we are very loud. even a half decent amount of us for an away match usually means non stop singing. (unless of course we are playing dreadful. then it's just shouts of abuse)
  • I couldn't hear the them 'cos whenever they started some bloke started banging a drum.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Dum de dum de dum dum, dum de dum de dum dum, eh oh, eh oh, eh oh eh oh eh oh, eh oh, eh oo oo oh, eh oh ooh eh oh eh oh Charlton

Lyrics masterclass right there :wink: