Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Easy Jet And Other Airlines

Comments

• I don’t know whether it’s pure luck but I have flown about thirty times with easyjet and fourteen times with Wizzair. Not had a single delay with either airline. All of these flights have been within Europe so the flight has ended before having an real issues with seat comfort.

• Flying easyjiet to Amsterdam tomorrow. A flight so ridiculously short it beggars belief
  • Mametz said:

I don’t know whether it’s pure luck but I have flown about thirty times with easyjet and fourteen times with Wizzair. Not had a single delay with either airline. All of these flights have been within Europe so the flight has ended before having an real issues with seat comfort.

Thirty times and not a single delay? Pure luck ........ in my experience Easy Jet are invariably late on the Gatwick - Marseille run.

And nearly always because the incoming flight arrives late from Strasbourg or Tenerife or wherever, and they lose their outgoing pathway from air traffic control.

Budget airlines need to keep their planes working as much as they can to be economical - usually several flights for each plane, each day.

• BR3red said:

Just back from a pro am golf tournament in Portugal via easyJet

I was awful

This is what EasyJet thought of my driver:

It probably snapped because the end was as big as your sofa
  • edited November 2018
    ross1 said:

Greenie said:

CAFCsayer said:

RyanAir are terrible, Easyjet are great have flown with them 15-20 times this year. The odd delay, but cant fault otherwise

This. Never had a problem, yet.
    Also just booked two return flights, for me and the present Mrs Greenie to Malaga with Sleazy Jet for next July, £16 each outward, £40 each return.
    Staying at a mates villa for free, mega cheap holiday.
    Good luck at Malaga, went to that airport about a month ago, terrible organisation, waited an hour for my suitcase to come off the plane. When coming home, very few announcements, get to your gate early. Do not expect to takeoff on time. Just hope you have better luck than me, personally, I would never go to Malaga again
    Been to Malaga more times than I care to mention, never had a problem, mind you I always travel on a plane with my trusty AK47, a few hand grenades and about £80k, that little lot always gets me through departures pretty quick!
  • Can honestly say that i've never really had any major problems with Easyjet and have flown with them at least 15-20 times. Would never fly with Ryanair though unless absolutely necessary, heard so many dreadful things about them.
  • Oggy Red said:

Mametz said:

I don’t know whether it’s pure luck but I have flown about thirty times with easyjet and fourteen times with Wizzair. Not had a single delay with either airline. All of these flights have been within Europe so the flight has ended before having an real issues with seat comfort.

Thirty times and not a single delay? Pure luck ........ in my experience Easy Jet are invariably late on the Gatwick - Marseille run.

And nearly always because the incoming flight arrives late from Strasbourg or Tenerife or wherever, and they lose their outgoing pathway from air traffic control.

Budget airlines need to keep their planes working as much as they can to be economical - usually several flights for each plane, each day.

It can't really be luck if @Mametz has flown 30 times with Easyjet. 3 or 4 times yes, but 30 no.
    Or a separate note I was on the BA website yesterday evening, trying to book flights for me, my wife and son. It appeared that you either had to elect for hold baggage for all or hold baggage for none. Anyone else had this problem and is there a way round it?
    We only want to take one large case.
  • Book one flight with and then book two flights without.

Simples.
  • Went to Berlin with Easyjet last week. Flight out was fine, experienced crew. Coming back through Tegel there was a mix up between the numbers on the ground crew's manifest and plane, so was delayed half an hour (it was a computer problem, needless to say). I can see why Berliners are embarrassed about their airport situation - Gatwick was a breeze compared to Tegel. Crew were too chatty and didn't get me my cup of tea until we had started to descend over the North Sea. But overall, it was fine and I'd no problem flying with them.

Ryanair I've no bad history with but they just make me feel dirty and ripped off: the constant scalping of another item to charge you extra for and meanness. I would avoid them if at all possible and will pay more to go with someone else.
  • Sponsored links:

• BR3red said:

Just back from a pro am golf tournament in Portugal via easyJet

I was awful

This is what EasyJet thought of my driver:

@AFKABartram will have it off you.
  • Easyjet are fine, Ryanair are okay if you go in with low expectations. Last year (at fairly late notice) I flew back from Warsaw for £9– the cabin crew could have spat on me and it would still been value for money.

Flown once with Norwegian and didn’t like it. I’m using Virgin Atlantic for Los Angeles in a few weeks, £315 return! I didn’t know you could get flights that far for that cheap.
  • Addickted said:

Book one flight with and then book two flights without.

Simples.

Thanks for that. It would certainly work.
    Just seems daft that you have to do two separate bookings.
    Booked with Easyjet a couple of weeks ago and had no problem having 3 travellers with only one case.
  • edited November 2018
    Because I'm usually travelling to catch up with my GF where she's working in Marseille, I travel with just cabin luggage as I've got clothes left at her place.

But occasionally (Christmas, for example), I might need a larger case to carry over presents and Xmas pud, crackers, etc ..... stuff she can't get locally.

But I only need a larger case one-way. And, because she'll bring that case back with her next time she comes to see me, I'll make the return trip with only hand luggage.

But Easy Jet make me pay for hold luggage both ways.

Easy Jet fare structure means booking out and return flights together (and only one booking fee), is much cheaper than booking each leg of the journey separately (plus 2 booking fees).

Not everyone is going on holiday, Mr Easy Jet. Don't treat me as if I'm a tourist.
    Ooh, I get so ANGRY!

lol

• edited January 2019
    Well, it'll be in the press in the next few days but one of the UK airlines is going into administration shortly.

(Cant give you no more info that that, sorry chaps)
  • Fly BE.
    Or are they already?
  • city jet possibly as they have now sold there london city flights to aer lingus
  • Fly BE.
    Or are they already?

Was in talks with Virgin. Not any more.
  • In my experience Easyjet are acceptable whilst Ryanair are the pits. My mate here in Lux who commutes back and forth every weekend has twice been told by the captain on two separate occasions whilst sitting in his seat on the plane that the flight has been cancelled for operational reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Ryanair are ok - they are generally on time and get you from a to b at a decent price.
  • I think Ryanair are ok - they are generally on time and get you from a to b at a decent price.

Agree, you get what you pay for and some of their fares are ridiculously low if you're not taking hold luggage and not bothered about reserving a seat, particularly when compared to the cost of getting to the airport on our failing rail network.

Admittedly when there's delays or disruption they're not great and fulfilling they're obligations in terms of care and compensation.

Ryanair has won the dubious honour of the UK's least-liked short-haul airline for the sixth year running.
    The results from a Which survey of airline passengers ranked Ryanair at the bottom of 19 carriers flying from the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46761330
  • Easyjet beat British Airways's scores for food and drink, customer service and value for money, but both received low ratings for seat comfort.
    Jesus, race to the bottom.

New BA business class seat finally comes out this year!
  • £25 return to Seville 10-15 years ago. Ryanair.
  • 1p return to Prague, 1p return to Amsterdam, 1p return to Copenhagen - 20 years ago - Easyjet.

Mad not to :smiley:
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Well, it'll be in the press in the next few days but one of the UK airlines is going into administration shortly.

(Cant give you no more info that that, sorry chaps)

@JohnBoyUK , announced this morning that Flybe is to be rescued by a new company, Connect Airways (Virgin Atlantic, Stobart Group and Cyrus Capital). Assume that was the UK airline you referred to. Positive news all round in a very challenging industry. I have to admit I'm surprised they made it through, but in terms of UK domestic flying, a decent operator...
  • Flew to Germany with German Wings just after Christmas, front row seats and half a sandwich and a drink for an extra tenner (we booked early). Very satisfactory, and the stewardess' uniforms, very nice...

Came back on Lufthansa (booked through TAP codeshare - same flight €30 cheaper) different gravy. Like BA used to be. Once again the Germans being what the UK should be. Uniforms not as nice as German Wings though. :wink:
  • Fly fairly regularly with Air NZ and Singapore and both are fantastic.