Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why is our result always one of the last...

Phil Thompson just said we kicked off at 3.04, he has no idea why - a clue I guess, but why ?

Comments

• Just is.
  • Phil Thompson just said we kicked off at 3.04, he has no idea why - a clue I guess, but why ?

We kick off late every week, without fail, normally 3 or 4 minutes late.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Phil Thompson just said we kicked off at 3.04, he has no idea why - a clue I guess, but why ?

The clock in the referee's office is slow...
  • Probably because we had that minute of rememberance today
  • At least we finished before 5 this week
  • cfgs said:

Greenwich is the home of time, everyone should play to our timetable

Being the home of time youd think we'd never kick off late
  • who fucking cares?
  • who fucking cares?

Well, quite.
  • Sponsored links:

• who fucking cares?

I do, otherwise wouldnt have asked the question - gets on my nerves, when watching SSN or planning train home from The Valley
  • Cafc43v3r said:

The clock in the referee's office is slow...
    Must be. We don't usually come out until almost dead on 3pm & the other week HT was almost 20 mins.

Also today we had a minutes applause in rememberence so that dudnt help.
  • who fucking cares?

I do
  • Have said before,CP was warned a couple of times, maybe even fined. They came out today at 14.58 which is certainly 5 minutes too late. I would have thought the referee could prevent it.
  • We nearly always click off three or four minutes past 3pm
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Probably because we had that minute of rememberance today

It's every week....
    Nah I think the minute of remembrance is only once a season
  • We nearly always click off three or four minutes past 3pm

Sure, but does anyone know why ?
  • I thought our team usually starts to play at 4.04 and not 3.04.
  • Maybe the batteries of the clock in the changing room need changing?
  • It's to frustrate the knackers off of supporters and add bum clenching suspense to the occasion. Although to be honest I have supported Charlton for 47 years and they pretty much do that anyway for free!
  • Sponsored links:

• I arrived spot on 3pm this week but didn’t hear what we were remembering as I was making my way to the seat and the North Upper was quite busy. Anyone know what the remembrance minutes applause was remembering? Ta
  • I arrived spot on 3pm this week but didn’t hear what we were remembering as I was making my way to the seat and the North Upper was quite busy. Anyone know what the remembrance minutes applause was remembering? Ta

It was the annual tribute remembering the fans and ex players who passed away in the last year,

Anyone connected to Charlton that has passed away in the last 12 months
  • Thanks, I will now spend a minute remembering them as while I did the clapping, o wasn’t doing the thinking :blush:
  • Annual tribute or not it's not unusual for kick off to be 3-4 mins late. Even the second half often doesn't kick off until 4.10pm with a 5pm finish almost the norm these days at home. Sometimes even half time is nearly 20 minutes.

Glad it's not just me who's noticed this. I also think it's sloppy when by the time we've kicked off the second half goals are already going in around the grounds elsewhere.
  • The first train into Charing Cross usually leaves at 17:06. Then a long-ish wait for the next one.

The late kick-offs every week mean that hardly anyone gets that train and the police have to deal with large numbers of people waiting and queuing to get on to the platform.

Not that important - but surely it's a courtesy to everyone that the match kicks off at the advertised time unless there's some reason for it not to!

The next train is then nearly always a 4 car train...
  • edited January 2019
    It may not seem important in the grand scheme of things, but as some have already said it can cause problems for fans who are using the trains to travel.

In Scotland they seem to be much more strict about the kick-off times, and presumably the length of half-time as well. Many Scottish games seem to finish bang on 4:45 or just a minute or two later. Perhaps that is because Scottish fans who use the trains to travel (especially those from smaller towns) may have a much less frequent service than we do in London or even elsewhere in England.

The English football authorities should tighten things up here too, for the benefit of traveling supporters.
  • bobmunro said:

who fucking cares?

Well, quite.
    Recognising that we are virtually always amongst the last of the results to come through, it was interesting that our one minute of applause did not start until some time past 3 pm yesterday. I would have assumed the ref would have been in charge of timing and ensured the teams came on to the pitch early enough to ensure that could have been incorporated into a 3 pm kick off.