Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• A man who was stabbed to death on a train in Surrey was with his 14-year-old son at the time, police have said.

A manhunt is under way for the 51-year-old victim's killer, who fled from the train after the stabbing during a "vicious fight" on board the London-bound service.

The victim and the attacker had both boarded the train at the same station.

British Transport Police say they do not believe the pair were known to each other.

Supt Paul Langley said the teenager would have seen the killing.

"This would have been an horrific and hugely traumatic event to have witnessed and we are providing him with as much support as possible," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-46765588
  • clive said:

A man who was stabbed to death on a train in Surrey was with his 14-year-old son at the time, police have said.

A manhunt is under way for the 51-year-old victim's killer, who fled from the train after the stabbing during a "vicious fight" on board the London-bound service.

The victim and the attacker had both boarded the train at the same station.

British Transport Police say they do not believe the pair were known to each other.

Supt Paul Langley said the teenager would have seen the killing.

"This would have been an horrific and hugely traumatic event to have witnessed and we are providing him with as much support as possible," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-46765588

The Police have announced that they are looking for a young (sic) black man dressed all in Black and wearing white trainers, they emphasise that the public should not approach him
  • RIP. Sounds like a mentally ill person. You don't just walk up to a stranger and stab them if you are sane! Very worrying if this is the case that these people can slip under the radar.
  • RIP. Sounds like a mentally ill person. You don't just walk up to a stranger and stab them if you are sane! Very worrying if this is the case that these people can slip under the radar.

Sounds like a fight (possibly following a disagreement/argument) rather than an unprovoked attack, which you would assume more likely from a mentally ill person scenario?!

Scumbag needs finding asap.
  • Sponsored links:

Sounds like a fight (possibly following a disagreement/argument) rather than an unprovoked attack, which you would assume more likely from a mentally ill person scenario?!

Scumbag needs finding asap.
    Weird scenario this, not known to each other board a train and murdered inbetween boarding and the next stop !
  • I've seen plenty of aggro between random people on trains. I'll bet it was started over something petty and ridiculous. Either way, RIP... utter tragedy. Can't imagine how the kid is feeling
  • Someone needs to get a f***** grip of this.

It is bloody shameful. When will it stop?
  • Someone needs to get a f***** grip of this.

When any knife crime is punished with a very long sentence. Carrying a knife = 5 years. Wounding with Intent = 20 years. Murder = life with no parole. Won't happen as we'd need loads more prisons.

I will get lambasted for this........but it is mainly young black men - esp in gangs. Sort that out & you're half way there.
    I'm not going to lambast you for having a view. But it's worth pointing out that this is one person in the middle of Surrey, on a Friday lunchtime. Starting from those facts, it's hard to see how anyone might draw the conclusion it's something to do with gangs.

When more facts come to light, it may be that it's a fair conclusion. But it doesn't seem that way from what's known so far.

The perpetrator must be caught - no expense should be spared. And he must be charged with murder, surely. That way, if he's convicted, he will be sentenced to life.

We don't need people like that walking the streets.
  • RIP.

Two arrests, one believed to be the suspect.
  • I get really aggy on trains and if someone annoys me I usually let them know. This incident has made me think its completely not worth it. Too many wrongens, carrying too many weapons, with such little value for life. Keep yourself to yourself cos you don’t know who you could be arguing with.
  • Don’t know the details of this incident but I know that as I’ve got older I’ve learned to ‘withdraw myself’ when in public. Whether on the train, bus, in a pub, street etc.

So many times I want to offer an opinion ranging from minor things like people having their feet on seats or blasting music too loud, up to interfering and trying to mediate other peoples disagreements or telling a drunk or someone out of it to calm themselves, leave others alone etc.

I’ve done all the above in the past with mixed outcomes, but I don’t do any anymore. Quite simply I’m too afraid of the higher probabilities these days of where the potential worst case scenario could lead, and be too many other things in life that I value far higher.

So a few years ago I made the conscious decision to ensure i walk away, change carriage, keep quiet and not offer my opinion etc. I’ll always by instinct rush to help anyone in trouble but basically i do everything I can to avoid confrontation, even if in my heart I know I’m in the right.

At first I felt less of a man but I’ve learnt to be comfortable with it. I’ve simply too much I don’t want to lose at the hands of some idiot or what may turn out to be a psychopath. Because there seems to be an increased number of them around these days.

RIP to that poor bloke

I get really aggy on trains and if someone annoys me I usually let them know. This incident has made me think its completely not worth it. Too many wrongens, carrying too many weapons, with such little value for life. Keep yourself to yourself cos you don’t know who you could be arguing with.

A thing we are taught at martial arts is to disengage with any threat if possible. Walk away if you can.
  • edited January 2019

RIP. Sounds like a mentally ill person. You don't just walk up to a stranger and stab them if you are sane! Very worrying if this is the case that these people can slip under the radar.

Let’s not jump to conclusions and assumptions.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Someone needs to get a f***** grip of this.

When any knife crime is punished with a very long sentence. Carrying a knife = 5 years. Wounding with Intent = 20 years. Murder = life with no parole. Won't happen as we'd need loads more prisons.

I will get lambasted for this........but it is mainly young black men - esp in gangs. Sort that out & you're half way there.
    I'm not going to lambast you for having a view. But it's worth pointing out that this is one person in the middle of Surrey, on a Friday lunchtime. Starting from those facts, it's hard to see how anyone might draw the conclusion it's something to do with gangs.

When more facts come to light, it may be that it's a fair conclusion. But it doesn't seem that way from what's known so far.

The perpetrator must be caught - no expense should be spared. And he must be charged with murder, surely. That way, if he's convicted, he will be sentenced to life.

How many people with no gang involvement walk around with a knife, I wonder.
  • R.I.P. to the victim, and my thoughts are with his poor son, how will he get over what he saw? My sympathy to the whole family. One arrested believed to be the attacker, the other a woman for aiding his escape.
  • Man arrested
  • See the thought police are out and about
  • See the thought police are out and about

A man has been arrested
  • Shocking murder - terrible for his son.
  • shirty5 said:

See the thought police are out and about

A man has been arrested
    I meant on the thread, policing opinion
  • Chizz said:

Someone needs to get a f***** grip of this.

How many people with no gang involvement walk around with a knife, I wonder.
    My mate is a copper in Lewisham and he says young kids carry them now for self defence. A lot of the kids that carry them are not in gangs, are good kids and will do well at school but feel they have to carry them for fear of getting robbed or ambushed. They would never use the knife for anything else (to attack or mug someone).

It’s a desperate state of affairs, it really is.
  • shirty5 said:

See the thought police are out and about

A man has been arrested
    I meant on the thread, policing opinion
    Been the same on here for the last 12 years